NCAA selections

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: NCAA selections

Post by tmcats » March 13th, 2018, 1:24 pm

agree, KIT. i don't understand how people can grudge-on like this. it happened a long time ago and foster has admitted his mistake. let it rest.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 13th, 2018, 1:47 pm

Part of Foster's issue(s) was people getting in his head about the NBA and telling him he needed to play a certain way or he was a different player then what he was. Just looked through 10+ mock drafts and have only seen Foster on 1, the 47th overall pick. Those people in his head certainly didn't do him much of a service. One would think had he not had issues, and had he stayed at K-State, he may have been a little higher because of the extra exposure of the Big 12 and the lack of those personal issues he has now tied to him.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 13th, 2018, 3:38 pm

Leaving KSU was more his loss than ours.

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » March 13th, 2018, 4:40 pm

pulitzerdave wrote: No, Marcus Foster should be held accountable and he should never be forgiven for what he did.
It's a rare thing to be able to universally disagree with every single thing said in a post, so I should thank your for making this easy PD.

To imply Marcus wasn't held accountable is pretty friggin' nuts.

Declaring that a person should "never be forgiven for what he did" sounds like something that should be reserved for murders, rapists, and pedophiles, but you felt righteous enough to trot it out for what....smokin' dope and getting kicked off a basketball team?

Nineteen year olds, don't have it all figured out and more often than not don't have their heads screwed on straight, and I still wouldn't expect them to make the kind of outlandish declarations that you just did.

Am I still a little bitter over the impact of Marcus' actions on the program? Yep. Am I capable of moving beyond it and wishing everyone involved the best? Yep.

Piedmontcat

Post by Piedmontcat » March 13th, 2018, 4:47 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:Leaving KSU was more his loss than ours.
Like a lot of bad breakups, nobody won. It hurt K-State basketball - He and Wes were going to be the foundation of a good basketball team for 4 years. We had already signed Dean and Barry before everything broke bad their Soph. year. Foster keeps his head on straight and we are probably looking at our 9th year in a row of making the Big Dance. It hurt Coach Weber - Many were already looking for reasons not to support him and the Marcus debacle surely fed that fire. It hurt Marcus - instead of a the out of nowhere phenom narrative that surrounded him as a Freshman, he become known as the substance abusing malcontent. It hurt the Athletic department - that turmoil meant lost games and lost revenue. It hurt the student & fan experience - hard to get behind a team that is imploding. Its good that everyone seems to have recovered and moved on, but it was a definite no-win for everyone involved.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 13th, 2018, 5:13 pm

"It hurt Coach Weber"

Absolve him if you will but the buck stops at the top. He held firm, I'm assuming learned from the experience and moved on.

My point is Foster had a great opportunity here and blew it. Harder to be the national phenom at Creighton than at a P5 school. He turned it around and he's to be congratulated.

I won't blame the declining attendance on Foster. After the Martin experience, it is clear to me that the product on the floor may not be as conducive to entertainment as the product on the bench.

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » March 13th, 2018, 5:41 pm

WIldWIllieCat wrote:
pulitzerdave wrote: No, Marcus Foster should be held accountable and he should never be forgiven for what he did.
It's a rare thing to be able to universally disagree with every single thing said in a post, so I should thank your for making this easy PD.

Declaring that a person should "never be forgiven for what he did" sounds like something that should be reserved for murders, rapists, and pedophiles, but you felt righteous enough to trot it out for what....smokin' dope and getting kicked off a basketball team?

Nineteen year olds, don't have it all figured out and more often than not don't have their heads screwed on straight, and I still wouldn't expect them to make the kind of outlandish declarations that you just did.

Am I still a little bitter over the impact of Marcus' actions on the program? Yep. Am I capable of moving beyond it and wishing everyone involved the best? Yep.
Yes, poor Marcus. He broke team rules, thumbed his nose at the program putting it in shambles. But, but, but, it helped him grow up. Wonderful. He's now a mature young man on a new team. The hell with KSU. Poor, poor Marcus. I wish we had mollycoddled him so people like you wouldn't be forced to tell us all what a wonderful, forgiving person you are. Sainthood is definitely in your future.

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » March 13th, 2018, 5:44 pm

WIldWIllieCat wrote:

No, I ain't righteous, I'm right. Leave the eous off and you've got it!

His biggest sin was not smoking dope or breaking team rules. No, his biggest sin, and the unforgivable one was taking others down with him.

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » March 13th, 2018, 8:49 pm

Couldn't fit your vitriol into one post?

Sad.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 13th, 2018, 9:30 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:I didn't say it's their sole focus but only a fool would deny that outside influences are in the selection room as well as numbers. Are we really a rivalry with MU? I could see the KU game. Wichita has proven they can beat KU, not a big deal there. TAMU and UT would have been a very sexy matchup but I think the committee wants UT to hang around as long as possible.
I think you're right. Texas received a better draw than K-State.