Frank "Rabid Dog" Martin fined $25K by the SEC

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
hilltopwildcat

Re: Frank "Rabid Dog" Martin fined $25K by the SEC

Post by hilltopwildcat » February 13th, 2018, 8:56 am

I thought USC-E had a nice run a little earlier in the season?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 13th, 2018, 9:28 am

i left fitz's site for the same reason. an absolutely toxic environment for anyone who would dare question frank and his methods.

that's where the 'cult of frank' resided. i'm not sure about today. but i can tell you media members kellis robinett (star), john curtz (kman), and cole manback (mercury) are all members in good standing, along with fitz himself of course.

frank is good a schmoozing the press, if you had not noticed. not bob knight.

and yes, fitz and currie did not get along. i know that for a fact.

i admit to watching frank's games from time-to-time for the entertainment he provides. it's like not being able to take one's eyes off an impending car crash. reality tv. :?
Why is there something rather than nothing?

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » February 13th, 2018, 9:56 am

ksuatheart wrote:Oklahoma: Lost the National title to Villanova 22 months ago and went 11-20 (5-13) last year? What do I win?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMHoGRp1QrE

You win a correction. North Carolina lost to Villanova in the National Title Game on the amazing last 15 seconds. You do get partial credit for OU being in the Final 4 and getting trounced by The Wildcats.

JOKKO

Post by JOKKO » February 13th, 2018, 10:21 am

Piedmontcat wrote:Frank seems to have lost this team. They could end up below .500. Has any team gone from Final 4 to losing record in 1 season? What a strange record he has there. Missed the tournament altogether 5 out of 6 years, but that one year was the best in school history.

Duke lost in the finals in the mid 90s and went below 500 the next year.

Of course, Krz missed most of the year because of an illness, or back pains, or something.

SC got hot last year...it doesn't make FM the next big thing in coaching. Shaka did the same thing at VCU a few years ago.

Piedmontcat

Post by Piedmontcat » February 13th, 2018, 10:24 am

ksuatheart wrote:Oklahoma: Lost the National title to Villanova 22 months ago and went 11-20 (5-13) last year? What do I win?
How quickly we forget! If Frank can get the kid who got Louisville into trouble eligible next year, he may have as quick a rebound as OU with Young.

Piedmontcat

Post by Piedmontcat » February 13th, 2018, 10:33 am

[quote="hilltopwildcat"]I thought USC-E had a nice run a little earlier in the season?[/quote

They looked like they might be righting the ship in mid January, but home losses to Tech and Miss St at the end of the month pretty much ended their hopes.

Piedmontcat

Post by Piedmontcat » February 13th, 2018, 10:40 am

JOKKO wrote:
Piedmontcat wrote:Frank seems to have lost this team. They could end up below .500. Has any team gone from Final 4 to losing record in 1 season? What a strange record he has there. Missed the tournament altogether 5 out of 6 years, but that one year was the best in school history.

Duke lost in the finals in the mid 90s and went below 500 the next year.

Of course, Krz missed most of the year because of an illness, or back pains, or something.

SC got hot last year...it doesn't make FM the next big thing in coaching. Shaka did the same thing at VCU a few years ago.
That was a weird deal with Coach K that year. I’ve always wondered if there was more to that year than just a bad back.

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » February 13th, 2018, 11:16 am

I used to cringe at the way Martin would go nutso on the Beard. I often wondered what if Jacob just laid him out with a solid
punch to the nose.
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

Watutalkaboutwillis

Pick 'Em

Post by Watutalkaboutwillis » February 13th, 2018, 1:48 pm

I liked Frank for the most part, but i find it funny he is getting fined for pretty much saying that the official wasn't loyal to the SEC since that is where he got his start. Uhm, Frank, you might want to think about that a little.

learnin

Post by learnin » February 13th, 2018, 2:08 pm

tmcats wrote:i left fitz's site for the same reason. an absolutely toxic environment for anyone who would dare question frank and his methods.

that's where the 'cult of frank' resided. i'm not sure about today. but i can tell you media members kellis robinett (star), john curtz (kman), and cole manback (mercury) are all members in good standing, along with fitz himself of course.

frank is good a schmoozing the press, if you had not noticed. not bob knight.

and yes, fitz and currie did not get along. i know that for a fact.

i admit to watching frank's games from time-to-time for the entertainment he provides. it's like not being able to take one's eyes off an impending car crash. reality tv. :?
Yea, Frank really knows what to say to the media. And, yes, Manbeck can't get over him either.