the disgusting season

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
KITNooga

the disgusting season

Post by KITNooga » February 12th, 2018, 8:47 pm

one of the things I detest most about boards, is that there's always, ALWAYS a vocal contingent who wants the current coach gone.

Matters not who the coach is. Someone always wants them gone and whenever the slightest issue goes awry, they crawl out of the woodwork.

right or wrong, to me is not the issue. there are just some things that that shouldn't ought to be done.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

section12
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by section12 » February 12th, 2018, 9:43 pm

I agree. It gets a bit frustrating. Good coaches are hard to find so when you get one you should keep him (her).

pipe95

Post by pipe95 » February 12th, 2018, 10:38 pm

So when are we hiring a good coach??

Haha. I kid......maybe

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » February 12th, 2018, 11:32 pm

Just like any other job, goals are set. Weber's got 6 games to meet the goal I think was set for him.

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » February 13th, 2018, 7:00 am

I could care less who the coach is, or how anyone feels about him or her, I just want a basketball program that wins and that I can be proud of.

I'm not going to presume to tell everyone how they should feel about Bruce Weber, Frank Martin, or even Brad Underwood.

I am complimentary of Bruce when we win and critical when we lose. Everything else seems utterly nonsensical to me.

ToledoCat#2

Post by ToledoCat#2 » February 13th, 2018, 11:15 am

I just wear purple all the time, about everywhere, cheer for the Cats and hope for the best. Leave the worrying and fretting to the coaches and administrators who get paid to make the decisions.

Be glad when the ice melts and I can start fishing again and have some real fun. ;)

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » February 13th, 2018, 11:18 am

This is the second stinger philosophy. The second stringer is always better if the starter falters.

And, the unknown is always better than the one you got.
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » February 13th, 2018, 4:13 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:Just like any other job, goals are set. Weber's got 6 games to meet the goal I think was set for him.
at which time the situation will sort itself out.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » February 13th, 2018, 4:14 pm

ToledoCat#2 wrote: Be glad when the ice melts and I can start fishing again and have some real fun. ;)
this won't help, but 'ice' season lasted 2 whole weeks here on Chickamauga. but never got thick enough to walk on.
helped drive a GREAT shad die off. Fishing should be awesome this spring!

opcatzen

Post by opcatzen » February 13th, 2018, 4:44 pm

Webers a nice guy but he came here for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

He didn't come here to help out or because of the nice people in the region.

When you think of it that way then you realize it works both ways. He wont the lottery. He's a multimillionaire. Still feeling bad?