Ever see the movie I Am Legend?

Politics and religion: two polarizing topics that deserve their own little place

Re: Ever see the movie I Am Legend?

Postby Number8son » January 12th, 2018, 2:57 pm

Spot, It would be very cool if more people are cured by successful cancer therapies. Thanks for the link.
Number8son

Postby WildcatEngineer » January 12th, 2018, 4:45 pm

Got a friend just turned 65 and declared retirement. A week later was diagnosed with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer. The 5 year life expectancy of that is less than 1%. We do not know what to say to him and his wife, except we are praying.
WildcatEngineer

Postby spot2180 » January 12th, 2018, 4:52 pm

02Cat wrote:
spot2180 wrote:If not, a virus is developed to cure cancer. Awesome, until it mutates. It kills most of the world off, and what is left is former humans turned into vampire like creatures.

And I saw this today.

https://www.studyfinds.org/virus-brain- ... ne-system/

This is all right wing slant perpetrated by the Neo-Con media. Curing disease is a hoax and the scientists that say it can happen say so because their research funding depends upon people believing this lie perpetrated by China. I deny that this is true and how do we know that the tumors in this study weren't a part of the bodies natural healing instead of some man made "cure?"

It wasn't a political post.
spot2180

Postby spot2180 » January 12th, 2018, 4:56 pm

Number8son wrote:Spot, It would be very cool if more people are cured by successful cancer therapies. Thanks for the link.

Ok, I am suddenly being painted as some anti science guy that wants no cures for things? Good Lord.

It was an observation. Not a political stance in any way whatsoever. Holy crap. Are we that far gone to that we cannot discuss a cool movie and a scientific advancement without running off some political cliff?

Some of you have some over reactive assumption glands.
spot2180

Postby Number8son » January 12th, 2018, 6:22 pm

spot2180 wrote:
Number8son wrote:Spot, It would be very cool if more people are cured by successful cancer therapies. Thanks for the link.

Ok, I am suddenly being painted as some anti science guy that wants no cures for things? Good Lord.

It was an observation. Not a political stance in any way whatsoever. Holy crap. Are we that far gone to that we cannot discuss a cool movie and a scientific advancement without running off some political cliff?

Some of you have some over reactive assumption glands.

Your link was talking about a new therapy. I said thanks for the link. Please tell me where I was talking about something political or anti science? I apologize if my words didn't share that intention. I'm not into Sci Fi, so I probably wouldn't appreciate the movie as much as you, but I did appreciate cancer therapy link.
Number8son

Postby spot2180 » January 12th, 2018, 7:02 pm

Maybe I misunderstood your post. I apologize. My response wasn't necessarily directed at you. Someone took my initial post to political land calling it far right consevative trash when it never was intended to make some political assertion.

Again, I apologize.
spot2180

Previous

Return to Gods and Generals