Portal 2024

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
bigdeal

Re: Portal 2024

Post by bigdeal » May 9th, 2024, 5:50 pm

The article said he played point and shooting guard last year at CSF. Sounds like a 6'4" version of the 6'5" CJ Jones. It is looking like a 3 guard type offense with some interchangeable ball handlers and almost all of whom can create for others, assuming he does commit.
These users thanked the author bigdeal for the post (total 3):
SCKSCatrandallcat85stlcatfan

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » May 9th, 2024, 6:10 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
May 9th, 2024, 5:20 pm
SCKSCat wrote:
May 9th, 2024, 5:13 pm

Joe Tipton says he has committed.
Looks like he was hurt at the end of last year. He went into the portal after it opened.
Scored around 15 points per game and shot around 38% for 3pters made.
I understand that he scored 30 pts against Nebraska last year.
I like having another experienced guard. He is tall at 6-4.
Mostly I like that they brought him in without notifying the world.
:clap: :fistbump: :thumbsup:
That was a good find SCKSCat. He looks to be a solid addition. More shooting and a bigger, longer guard.
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post (total 2):
randallcat85Tbonespop

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » May 9th, 2024, 7:12 pm

Mr Jones, welcome to the KSU Family!!
These users thanked the author WildcatEngineer for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » May 9th, 2024, 7:51 pm

bhoovy wrote:
May 9th, 2024, 6:10 pm
SCKSCat wrote:
May 9th, 2024, 5:20 pm

Looks like he was hurt at the end of last year. He went into the portal after it opened.
Scored around 15 points per game and shot around 38% for 3pters made.
I understand that he scored 30 pts against Nebraska last year.
I like having another experienced guard. He is tall at 6-4.
Mostly I like that they brought him in without notifying the world.
:clap: :fistbump: :thumbsup:
That was a good find SCKSCat. He looks to be a solid addition. More shooting and a bigger, longer guard.
I like that we are bringing in longer guards that can shoot well from behind the 3-point line. I read that all four guards we brought in shoot 36% or better from the 3-point line.

If Jones scored 30 against NU last year, that means he scored almost as much as our entire team versus NU last season.
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post (total 3):
SCKSCatrandallcat85bhoovy
"The whole future lies in uncertainty: live immediately.” -- Seneca

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » May 9th, 2024, 8:54 pm

bhoovy wrote:
May 9th, 2024, 11:56 am
SCKSCat wrote:
May 9th, 2024, 11:47 am

I saw this from a poster in goemaw basketball that is pretty good at sniffing things out. He said someone is visiting. Speculated it was this player. I can't find any corroboration. Kind of like when they snuck in Hausen and Fall. I think staff is tired of the news of visits getting out and scumbag agents using the information to muck up the K State deal making.

I am sure these sons of bitches have grocery shopping lists from teams and will start badgering a player like Max Jones to come their client's school. Get them signed before these unscrupulous vultures muck things up.

Our coaches are very good at finding talented players that others are not finding. When you broadcast that a certain player is visiting, you are broadcasting that a player is worth considering. Make others do their own work finding people.

Published visits haven't been working out so hotly lately.
It looks like Max Jones was no longer part of the CSF team after about mid-February. Don’t know why. Averaged 15.3 ppg and shot the 3 at 38.5%. He’s 6’4”.
Tang has clearly put an emphasis on adding quality shooters to the K-State basketball roster over the past few weeks and he has continued to do that with the addition of Jones. Not only did he drain 42 of 109 shots from 3-point range last season, he also connected on 34 of 86 (39.5%) shots from 3-point range as a junior.

Over the past two seasons, he has drained 39% of his shots from beyond the arc. Even though he doesn’t shoot a high volume of shots from deep, he can clearly make them when he is open.

He has a foot injury at the end of the season
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » May 9th, 2024, 9:18 pm

This is certainly some wishful or hopeful thinking, but to me what they have put together is eerily similar to the national championship Baylor team. Multi faceted guards, that can shoot and all handle, 3 of them can play point, also adding the highly rated Castillo. They just need those serviceable bigs. Not necessarily guys who dominate on the offensive end, but play their roll well with rebounding, defending, running the floor and scoring when the opportunity presents itself. While all of our guards are going to be new to KSU, they all have experience except Castillo and he’s played at basically the highest level for his age with being on team USA. Would sure like to see Toppin. Add him and boy oh boy the potential.
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post (total 3):
pharaohcatstlcatfanrandallcat85

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » May 10th, 2024, 2:51 am

bhoovy wrote:
May 9th, 2024, 9:18 pm
This is certainly some wishful or hopeful thinking, but to me what they have put together is eerily similar to the national championship Baylor team. Multi faceted guards, that can shoot and all handle, 3 of them can play point, also adding the highly rated Castillo. They just need those serviceable bigs. Not necessarily guys who dominate on the offensive end, but play their roll well with rebounding, defending, running the floor and scoring when the opportunity presents itself. While all of our guards are going to be new to KSU, they all have experience except Castillo and he’s played at basically the highest level for his age with being on team USA. Would sure like to see Toppin. Add him and boy oh boy the potential.
Toppin, White, Baba Miller, Achor are mentioned possibilities
.What are the stealth additions?
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
randallcat85

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » May 10th, 2024, 7:01 am

Kaluma still uncommitted in the portal?
These users thanked the author KSUbetcha for the post:
randallcat85

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » May 10th, 2024, 9:03 am

KSUbetcha wrote:
May 10th, 2024, 7:01 am
To my knowledge nothing has been reported yet.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » May 10th, 2024, 10:29 am

bhoovy wrote:
May 10th, 2024, 9:03 am
KSUbetcha wrote:
May 10th, 2024, 7:01 am
To my knowledge nothing has been reported yet.
Kaluma and a couple of the others we are linked to will be going through the NBA draft process next week and I doubt that they will make any decisions until that process is complete. I think May 29 is the cutoff for declaring for the NBA draft.

So it's about patience. I am glad I am not the Coach playing this game of chicken.

Trazarien White supposedly scheduled for a visit May 12 to 14. Now with the unlimited visit rule just issued, we can have him stay for a back to back meeting.. Oh, now schools have Cart Blanche to pay for an unlimited amount of trips for players to come visit. So we need a NIL pike of loot and a one for smooshing players and moms .
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
randallcat85