Sean's Tweet

The defending Big XII Champions
hilltopwildcat

Re: Sean's Tweet

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 10th, 2017, 9:07 pm

Look at this list of coaches, not a lot of long timers at P5 schools here. http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/06/ncaaf-b ... e-football
Just doesn't happen much anymore. If anyone here is expecting a coach to last at K-State more than 10 years they're totally delusional. Nature of the modern beast.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 10th, 2017, 9:08 pm

Tweet was maybe a jab at Dimel and/or Cox?

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » December 10th, 2017, 10:14 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:My guess is Snyder was intensely loyal to Wefald for all he did for him so if Wefald wants Prince, Bill will stand by him.
fair enough. I didn't expect Bill to publicly say anything different before or after the decision.

guys from his generation wouldn't. based on my experience. not evidence.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

Catscratcher
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Catscratcher » December 11th, 2017, 12:08 am

I think a lot of you are possibly misunderstanding Sean's tweet. I think he is clearly trying to land a haymaker to Dimel's mouth, regardless of what effect that would have on his own potential candidacy. Also, we need to reach out to some of our recent grads for coaching spots...Jordy Nelson, Darren Sproles, Terrance Newman, Kevin and/or Aaron Lockett, Michael Bishop, Ell Roberson, Jake Waters and there are scores of others. I am not necessarily suggesting them for the head coach, but I think it is important to utilize the knowledge and experience of those in our past who reaped the benefits of playing by the code.

:popcorn:

wildcats98

Post by wildcats98 » December 11th, 2017, 12:11 am

KITNooga wrote:
wildcats98 wrote: Are you really saying that you want to settle for a lesser coach just so we can keep him longer?
pretty sure you KNOW that's not what I said or was saying.

I WILL say this however: good coaches don't do us that much good if they don't stay longer than a cup of coffee. Program turn over at the top can and will kill a program as quick as anything.

I want someone who can/will be great and stay for a career. think that's a lot more important than the flavor of the month.
I also think someone who can develop, grow players is a better choice than someone who can 'just recruit'.

yep. that makes me hopelessly old school.
If other schools do not want your coach you probably have the wrong coach. If a new coach comes here and enjoys the kind of success that brings a lot of suitors that is great news because it means Kstate had some good seasons. I am all in to get BV who is a good recruiter and I have to assume by the performance of his defenses that he ca develop talent as well.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 11th, 2017, 11:38 am

KITNooga wrote:
hilltopwildcat wrote:My guess is Snyder was intensely loyal to Wefald for all he did for him so if Wefald wants Prince, Bill will stand by him.
fair enough. I didn't expect Bill to publicly say anything different before or after the decision.

guys from his generation wouldn't. based on my experience. not evidence.
donald trump says 'hi' :P
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Opensource

Post by Opensource » December 11th, 2017, 7:17 pm

Bill isn’t loyal to anyone but himself. If he was loyal to the program he would have stepped aside when we had the opportunity to ge the right person. Wanting Sean isn’t about loyalty. It is about control and nepotism.

catl

Post by catl » December 11th, 2017, 8:36 pm

Personally, Leavitt would be my choice as successor to Coach Snyder. However, to question Coach Snyder's loyalty to K-State is myopic at best, and borders on outright stupidity.

Powercat

Post by Powercat » December 11th, 2017, 8:42 pm

catl wrote:Personally, Leavitt would be my choice as successor to Coach Snyder. However, to question Coach Snyder's loyalty to K-State is myopic at best, and borders on outright stupidity.
I don't think it's an either/or. Coach obviously loves this University and the people here but I'm sure he has a strong desire to have Sean be the one to carry things on after him.

Number8son

Pick 'Em

Post by Number8son » December 11th, 2017, 9:32 pm

Whoever is coach over the next two years they are going to ride some pretty good talent against rebuilding teams....Texas may be the biggest competition. OU will have tons of players, but they won't have Baker. TCU's defense will be nasty, but they are beatable. I think Bill and/or Sean next year will have this team ready for a serious run for the Big XII title. Delton and Thompson will be primed for bigger years.

If Sean takes over (or totally over...whatever is the truth), I think KSU will be more than fine...I have no idea what the tweet really means.