Jim Leavitt

The defending Big XII Champions
DeereCatFan

Pick 'Em

Re: Jim Leavitt

Post by DeereCatFan » December 7th, 2017, 2:34 am

"so, i'm curious, with your feelings toward coach weber, do you find it hard rooting for his team? do you take solice in the games they lose?"

I will always root for every KSU team regardless of how I feel about a coach. Your questioning of that makes me wonder about your feelings though if you don't like a coach.
Just because many of us don't share your high opinion of Weber. doesn't make those of us any less fans. We can agree to disagree on coach Weber. I'll leave it at that and let the original thread continue.

Fullypersuaded

Post by Fullypersuaded » December 7th, 2017, 6:28 am

hilltopwildcat wrote:Sean's temper tantrum was childish, embarrassing and incredibly stupid as well as breaking about 5 of the "16 Commandments". If a football coach, especially at the D1 level, gets flagged, he REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wants one. When the referee threw his flag, he'd heard enough. It was time to walk away the point had been made. When you get the cap, it's awful. For all those that think when a coach chews an official's ass they really make a point they do. They put a big bullseye right on their chest.
Embarrassing to who? He had a legitimate gripe and the team certainly played different after that. That penalty was the turning point of the game in my opinion. I believe Sean reacted in a way that Bill wanted to. We have no idea what Bill has said to refs over the years because it doesn't get highlighted, but he definitely expresses himself.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 7th, 2017, 8:16 am

Well, it was embarrassing to 2 people as my wife almost walked out and I'm sitting there thinking this is just about the stupidest thing I've seen. The team played differently because ISU went into a "prevent a win" defense, we were in a hurry and threw the ball instead of trying to ram Skylar into the line or run the wildcat. We also have some very good players who,when given the opportunity to win games, can do exactly that. We had been getting dog-humped for 3 quarters. If you wanted a penalty to fire them up, late 2nd quarter or early 3rd would have been a much better time so that you would have had more than a minute and a half or whatever left in the game to recover from effects of the penalty. How many flags has Bill drawn over the years. Watching Sean the last few years and seeing how many times he's been drug or pushed back to the sideline, it's a wonder he hasn't been flagged before.

I really thought it was another assistant who got the flag.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » December 7th, 2017, 10:11 am

hilltopwildcat wrote:Well, it was embarrassing to 2 people as my wife almost walked out and I'm sitting there thinking this is just about the stupidest thing I've seen. The team played differently because ISU went into a "prevent a win" defense, we were in a hurry and threw the ball instead of trying to ram Skylar into the line or run the wildcat. We also have some very good players who,when given the opportunity to win games, can do exactly that. We had been getting dog-humped for 3 quarters. If you wanted a penalty to fire them up, late 2nd quarter or early 3rd would have been a much better time so that you would have had more than a minute and a half or whatever left in the game to recover from effects of the penalty. How many flags has Bill drawn over the years. Watching Sean the last few years and seeing how many times he's been drug or pushed back to the sideline, it's a wonder he hasn't been flagged before.

Lol,. "just about the stupidest thing I've seen", "it was embarrassing to 2 people as my wife almost walked out"

A football coach doesn't like a really bad call, so he lights an official up thus getting flagged for it. Big freaking deal. Not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last. Might want to get a little thicker skin IMO :rofl:

I can't tell if you just really don't like Sean Snyder that much and you are overreacting to the circumstances or if you seriously are really that much of a snowflake looking for a safe space. I'm leaning toward the former. But if it's the latter, you obviously have never been in the military for basic training and I wouldn't recommend going to any Rated R or Rated PG-13 movies.

If Sean Snyder had a pattern of this behavior, it would be a different discussion. But this is one incident in +20 years of football, I'll give him a pass.
EMAW

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 7th, 2017, 10:45 am

hilltopwildcat wrote:Sean's temper tantrum was childish, embarrassing and incredibly stupid as well as breaking about 5 of the "16 Commandments". If a football coach, especially at the D1 level, gets flagged, he REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wants one. When the referee threw his flag, he'd heard enough. It was time to walk away the point had been made. When you get the cap, it's awful. For all those that think when a coach chews an official's ass they really make a point they do. They put a big bullseye right on their chest.
isu fans adamantly claim it was the reason they lost the game. sean put the officials on notice and they later picked up the flag on an interference call in front of our sideline. i guess it's all about your personal bias as to whether it was a good or bad choice. i'd guess you're not a fan of sean being the head coach?
Why is there something rather than nothing?

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 7th, 2017, 11:22 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
hilltopwildcat wrote:Well, it was embarrassing to 2 people as my wife almost walked out and I'm sitting there thinking this is just about the stupidest thing I've seen. The team played differently because ISU went into a "prevent a win" defense, we were in a hurry and threw the ball instead of trying to ram Skylar into the line or run the wildcat. We also have some very good players who,when given the opportunity to win games, can do exactly that. We had been getting dog-humped for 3 quarters. If you wanted a penalty to fire them up, late 2nd quarter or early 3rd would have been a much better time so that you would have had more than a minute and a half or whatever left in the game to recover from effects of the penalty. How many flags has Bill drawn over the years. Watching Sean the last few years and seeing how many times he's been drug or pushed back to the sideline, it's a wonder he hasn't been flagged before.

Lol,. "just about the stupidest thing I've seen", "it was embarrassing to 2 people as my wife almost walked out"

A football coach doesn't like a really bad call, so he lights an official up thus getting flagged for it. Big freaking deal. Not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last. Might want to get a little thicker skin IMO :rofl:

I can't tell if you just really don't like Sean Snyder that much and you are overreacting to the circumstances or if you seriously are really that much of a snowflake looking for a safe space. I'm leaning toward the former. But if it's the latter, you obviously have never been in the military for basic training and I wouldn't recommend going to any Rated R or Rated PG-13 movies.

If Sean Snyder had a pattern of this behavior, it would be a different discussion. But this is one incident in +20 years of football, I'll give him a pass.
Seriously? Do you even read a post and understand what is being said or are you just some hack that the athletic department has hired to rebutt any negative comments about Bill Snyder and/or the football team? Really what does thick skin have to do with my opinion of Sean's actions?

But if you want to go there, I'm officiating basketball for the 38th year.I work high school and college for 30 years including Division 1, 2, NAIA and NJCAA. I have worked multiple conference championships and many playoff games in college. I have served as a collegiate conference supervisor of officials. I have been a high school certified assigner. This year also marked my 37th year of softball umpiring. Levels worked there are all levels men's fast pitch, college, high school and ASA. I have worked multiple district, state. regional and national tournaments as well as high level invitational tournaments and an ISC national tournament. I was on the initial Big 12 umpiring staff for several years. I am also serving as a township board member.

My wife spent 30 years on public education including the last 15 years as an elementary counselor. She currently owns 2 national franchises in local towns. She has spent time in the stands during my games and games I worked with our oldest son.

I don't really think we would have had the success we've had in life if we were thin-skinned.

As for the military, the draft was abandoned 6 months before my number was up. That number would have put me in a rice paddy. My dad served in Korea and I had 3 great-uncles who served in WW2 so I've heard the stories.

As far as I know this is a forum where we can all express our opinions without being told how to live our lives. In my opinion, Sean's actions were juvenile and quite possibly could have cost us a chance to win the Iowa State game.

What's a snowflake?

learnin

Post by learnin » December 7th, 2017, 11:34 pm

tmcats wrote:
isu fans adamantly claim it was the reason they lost the game. sean put the officials on notice and they later picked up the flag on an interference call in front of our sideline. i guess it's all about your personal bias as to whether it was a good or bad choice. i'd guess you're not a fan of sean being the head coach?
I agree with this. The officials gave us breaks after that like picking up the flag. I'm just glad the officials weren't the ones calling the men's basketball game with Arizona State over Thanksgiving. Every time Bruce, and the fans got vocal, the officials came out and blew another whistle against K-State. it was risky business. The penalty could have cost us, but I believe Sean was thinking, at the time, "We're playing like crap, just like most of the year so what the hell?" Sean didn't win this game and neither did the players after playing so horribly 9/10 of the game. The ole Farmageddon force worked it's magic again. There's no way in heck you can win last second games like that so many times in a row against the same opponent that outplayed you throughout the whole game. I've seen it fail fifty times this year. Quarterback rolls out to the left, nothing there, and someone breaks through to sack him. This time, he rolled to his left, hesitated, ran back, hesitated, and then ran to his right and finally found a receiver in the end zone. In almost every game, this year, they would've nailed him for a loss, but not this time. We were playing Iowa State.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 7th, 2017, 11:39 pm

tmcats wrote:
Well, that puts an end to that argument. If Iowa State fans say it changed the game so be it. :rofl: I've been to Iowa several times since the game and talked to guys who are ISU season ticket holders. Their opinion mirrored mine that ISU went into brain freeze mode AGAIN against K-State.

Before you make this personal about Sean, he may be a great guy to hang out with. As for Sean being head coach, it would all depend on who he is competing with. I lay the controversy about this at Bill's feet. If, at the state of 2.0, he would have made Sean the OC or DC, then there would have been a track record, a reference point to study. That's water under the bridge. If the results were favorable, Bill could have stepped down a winner after the 2012 championship and let Sean take over.

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » December 8th, 2017, 7:54 am

I believe we pounded the ball down the field to score a touchdown, largely with Warmack running the Wildcat right after the penalty.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 8th, 2017, 8:46 am

WIldWIllieCat wrote:

I believe we pounded the ball down the field to score a touchdown, largely with Warmack running the Wildcat right after the penalty.
Correct. I wasn't clear on that.