Cross off another one....

Politics and religion: two polarizing topics that deserve their own little place

Re: Cross off another one....

Postby xtrawildcat » December 6th, 2017, 10:43 pm

I do not see what advantage this is to the United States. Lots of cost involved. Nothing to be gained. No doubt some people will die as a result of this decision.

From USA Today:
Israel sees Jerusalem as its undivided, "eternal" capital; the Palestinians also claim east Jerusalem as the capital of their future state. "Without question, Jerusalem is one of the most sensitive issues in peace talks," Trump acknowledged.

Every other country — including the United States — has established its embassy in Tel Aviv in an attempt to stay neutral on the issue. Previous presidents have said that the decision on Jerusalem's capital must come from a negotiated agreement between the Israelis and Palestinians.
xtrawildcat

Postby DMC » December 6th, 2017, 10:49 pm

ChemicalKat wrote:
DMC wrote:“Those who bless Israel will be blessed, Those who curse her will be cursed”
Yahweh

Great decision by president Trump.

Most logical people won't care. Unfortunately there's a lot of people in this world who are illogical and are willing to go to war for a nice beach and a lot of old buildings. Diplomatically, it probably won't end well. Guys like AC really want some self fulfilling prophecy to self fulfill. No matter how many people die for no reason.

1. Jerusalem was the capital of Israel 3000 years ago.
2. Israel won Jerusalem back in the 6 day war in 1964.
3. Both houses of congress voted 20 years ago to place our Embassy in Jerusalem. Trump had the nads to do it.
4. diplomatically Jerusalem not being the capital of Israel has brought peace to the Middle East :rofl:
5. Yahweh I will make Israel a country again. He did in 1948
Yahweh I will make their land a land of Milk and Honey. He did
DMC

Postby MajorAppleCat » December 6th, 2017, 11:09 pm

02Cat wrote:To be determined. Sounds like pretty much everyone in Europe thinks this is a bad idea, though. So, I'll assume Trumpians will love it.

lol. And yet, presidents from both parties have campaigned on the move for years.... Trump at least has the guts to pull the trigger.
MajorAppleCat

Postby katlander » December 6th, 2017, 11:23 pm

MajorAppleCat wrote:
02Cat wrote:To be determined. Sounds like pretty much everyone in Europe thinks this is a bad idea, though. So, I'll assume Trumpians will love it.

lol. And yet, presidents from both parties have campaigned on the move for years.... Trump at least has the guts to pull the trigger.

50 years of diplomacy and no solution. Time to quit playing politics and do what we say we're going to do. For too long our representatives have not represented us but have played politics with their constituents. Term limits for these players who are there to get rich.
katlander

Postby NealyFan » December 6th, 2017, 11:33 pm

I like the decision: great call., Trump. It is a pat on the back to the accountants and a middle finger to the brown folks. win-win.
NealyFan

Postby katlander » December 7th, 2017, 12:00 am

I don't see where kissing brown people's A has done a lot of good. i couldn't care less what color they are. Do you place all brown people in one group and all white in another. What about the black, the yellow and the red? Or do you include all of them in direct opposition to the white. A little pre-occupied with color aren't we. Maybe you should get over it so you can be truly objective.
katlander

Postby NealyFan » December 7th, 2017, 12:03 am

It hasn't, feel free to dust off your white robes and pointy hats. Katlander - grand wizard - is now in charge - in his delusional mind.
NealyFan

Postby ChemicalKat » December 7th, 2017, 6:36 am

DMC wrote:
ChemicalKat wrote:
Most logical people won't care. Unfortunately there's a lot of people in this world who are illogical and are willing to go to war for a nice beach and a lot of old buildings. Diplomatically, it probably won't end well. Guys like AC really want some self fulfilling prophecy to self fulfill. No matter how many people die for no reason.

1. Jerusalem was the capital of Israel 3000 years ago.
2. Israel won Jerusalem back in the 6 day war in 1964.
3. Both houses of congress voted 20 years ago to place our Embassy in Jerusalem. Trump had the nads to do it.
4. diplomatically Jerusalem not being the capital of Israel has brought peace to the Middle East :rofl:
5. Yahweh I will make Israel a country again. He did in 1948
Yahweh I will make their land a land of Milk and Honey. He did

Is Yahweh another name for the UN?

Again, I don't care. But lots of people do care including most of the middle east and some crazy cultist christian sects here in the US. Trump poked a hornets nest while having troops on the ground in sub-Saharan Africa, Iraq, and he's poking the nest in N Korea too. He should probably focus on one hornets nest at a time.
ChemicalKat

Postby DMC » December 7th, 2017, 8:26 am

NealyFan wrote:It hasn't, feel free to dust off your white robes and pointy hats. Katlander - grand wizard - is now in charge - in his delusional mind.

It seems like you’re the one who consistently places folks in groups. How’s that pro choice working for you. You know placing abortion clinics primarily in brown and black areas, to keep the number of browns and blacks low.
DMC

Postby spot2180 » December 7th, 2017, 8:42 am

NealyFan wrote:I like the decision: great call., Trump. It is a pat on the back to the accountants and a middle finger to the brown folks. win-win.

There you go labeling people again. And for someone who often frowns on conspiracies, you are all over this one.

The 'peace process' has failed for decades. I believe that the violence that occurs because of this move, will be no worse than what we've seen before. Our legislators that were 'for it before they were against it' need to just shut up.

Trump is a clown, but one thing he does very well is expose the democrats' empty rhetoric and moral relativity. When he nominates Merrick Garland for the SC it will be hilarious to watch democrats in Washington and on this board tell us why he isn't qualified now when he was so perfect for the job a year ago. I would bet Obama would even speak out against the guy--because it was all political theater to begin with.
spot2180

PreviousNext

Return to Gods and Generals