dana dimel now head coach at utep ...

The defending Big XII Champions
bhall16

Re: dana dimel now head coach at utep ...

Post by bhall16 » December 6th, 2017, 10:23 pm

I say let Sean do it. If he is wildly successful, then it may give him a shot as head coach. If you had asked me a few weeks ago, I would have said I wanted somebody else, but I say let's give him a shot as OC. If he excels, then maybe he deserves to be HC

learnin

Post by learnin » December 7th, 2017, 12:15 am

stlcatfan wrote:
learnin wrote:Keitzman was saying today that Dimel and Sean were at each other all year.
Did he say why they were at each other? Maybe Sean was sharing some of the same frustrations as us fans.
I got in on the conversation late and didn't hear specifics of course.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 7th, 2017, 12:30 am

learnin wrote:Keitzman was saying today that Dimel and Sean were at each other all year.
Some of us have been saying this in a more subtle way for most of the year. That wasn't the only conflict. Just listen to a lot of Bill's press conferences. A reasonably intelligent person could have figured it out.

DeereCatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by DeereCatFan » December 7th, 2017, 2:44 am

Good News! Should know if some accusations were correct.
I'd like to see Sean elevated to OC and see what he can do. I'd like to see it for the bowl game. He needs that experience IMO. He may be a pretty darn good coach I don't know. Does good with ST. I think we'd have heard if Bill was retiring, so see how this next season goes with Sean in charge of the offense. If he does well, I'd give him a shot. Like I've said before I'm on the fence, but would hate KSU to miss out on something good and someone that wants to really be there.

Fullypersuaded

Post by Fullypersuaded » December 7th, 2017, 6:19 am

ajcksu82 wrote:Will Winston go with him and sit out a year to play his SR year at UTEP? Or maybe grad transfer.
That wouldn't make sense, imo. He got league honors last season and will get them this season as well. "Nepotism", aside, or that perception, he's a good fullback and will play on Sundays.

Bannor95
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Bannor95 » December 7th, 2017, 7:22 am

ajcksu82 wrote:Will Winston go with him and sit out a year to play his SR year at UTEP? Or maybe grad transfer.
Winnie will go to the NFL draft, if lucky will be a 6th or 7th pick but my money is on undrafted free agent signing. I believe he will be signed just not drafted. NFL teams do not use a fullback.

Bannor95
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Bannor95 » December 7th, 2017, 7:26 am

In regards to Dimel's hire at UTEP, what we need to also pay attention is who HE hires to be his coaches. Does he poach Jake Waters from ISU to be his QB coach? Does he take any of the GA's to hire them as full time assistants. What if he poaches Collin to be his full time OC? This will be interesting.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 7th, 2017, 8:09 am

Maybe he'll take Hayes and Mo with him.

Jax

Pick 'Em

Post by Jax » December 7th, 2017, 9:51 am

Bannor95 wrote:
Winnie will go to the NFL draft, if lucky will be a 6th or 7th pick but my money is on undrafted free agent signing. I believe he will be signed just not drafted. NFL teams do not use a fullback.
Agreed, if anything Dana Dimel may have decided to move on knowing that Winston would turn pro after this year.
We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are. - Anaïs Nin

Jax

Pick 'Em

Post by Jax » December 7th, 2017, 9:52 am

Fullypersuaded wrote:
That wouldn't make sense, imo. He got league honors last season and will get them this season as well. "Nepotism", aside, or that perception, he's a good fullback and will play on Sundays.
Actually Dmitri Flowers will be getting most of the honors Winston received previously.

With recruitment opening this month, I have no idea why Dimel would not want to go now instead of leaving at the end of the month. Besides I would think that (assuming the next OC comes from within) LHCBS would want to give the new OC the opportunity to showcase his ability during the bowl season.
Last edited by Jax on December 7th, 2017, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are. - Anaïs Nin