Currie fired

The defending Big XII Champions
Tbonespop

Re: Currie fired

Post by Tbonespop » December 2nd, 2017, 10:37 am

tmcats wrote:let's hope, as i do, that gene is as good at hiring as john was at everything else. currie's gone.
it's taylor's job now. and my bet is the choice is easy for him, sean snyder, which, btw, i'm fine with at this point.

i can't imagine what it would be like for sean to end up in lawrence, and we end up with some rummy as has been the case at so many schools.
I agree 100%
EMAW

Opensource
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Opensource » December 2nd, 2017, 11:04 am

If Sean is hired how many assistant coaches will leave even though Sean wants them to stay? That is the question that will really tell us what the staff thinks. I have heard he doesn’t have status.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » December 2nd, 2017, 2:26 pm

Opensource wrote:If Sean is hired how many assistant coaches will leave even though Sean wants them to stay? That is the question that will really tell us what the staff thinks. I have heard he doesn’t have status.
Who gives a rats ass? He needs to hire his own assistants anyway IMO. Outside of Dickey, CK, and Coleman, there isn't a ton of value from our assistants. They are ALL replaceable and could be good upgrades. I would do what I could to keep Dickey, Coleman, and CK. Outside of that, there's the door if you want to leave. :snore:
EMAW

Powercat

Post by Powercat » December 2nd, 2017, 2:38 pm

I at least have enough faith that ADGT will not hire a coach that was just fired for running a program into the ground, so that's good

wazucat

Post by wazucat » December 2nd, 2017, 3:12 pm

Powercat wrote:I at least have enough faith that ADGT will not hire a coach that was just fired for running a program into the ground, so that's good
:lol: :agree:

opcatzen

Post by opcatzen » December 2nd, 2017, 5:22 pm

I'm amazed how much money these guys make. it's theft,

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » December 3rd, 2017, 12:04 am

wazucat wrote:
Powercat wrote:I at least have enough faith that ADGT will not hire a coach that was just fired for running a program into the ground, so that's good
:lol: :agree:
:agree:
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 3rd, 2017, 9:59 am

Tbonespop wrote:
Opensource wrote:If Sean is hired how many assistant coaches will leave even though Sean wants them to stay? That is the question that will really tell us what the staff thinks. I have heard he doesn’t have status.
Who gives a rats ass? He needs to hire his own assistants anyway IMO. Outside of Dickey, CK, and Coleman, there isn't a ton of value from our assistants. They are ALL replaceable and could be good upgrades. I would do what I could to keep Dickey, Coleman, and CK. Outside of that, there's the door if you want to leave. :snore:
i'd say dawson is a keeper as well. my bet is dimel remains as ck is groomed. the big change will be on the defensive side and special teams, of course.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Opensource

Post by Opensource » December 3rd, 2017, 12:04 pm

Who would take a job working for Sean Snyder? Maybe a local high school coach if the existing assistants don’t even respect him.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » December 3rd, 2017, 2:20 pm

Opensource wrote:Who would take a job working for Sean Snyder? Maybe a local high school coach if the existing assistants don’t even respect him.
Is this really true about Sean? I keep hearing this. I'm not an insider, so I don't know what to believe.

I am fine with Sean being our next HC, but if the other assistant coaches do not respect him; that is problematic. It probably means the players don't respect him either. Hopefully, this is mostly rumor or it is just a couple assistants who feel this way.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln