Getting to know Roy Moore (R) Candidate for Senate from BAMA

Politics and religion: two polarizing topics that deserve their own little place

Re: Getting to know Roy Moore (R) Candidate for Senate from

Postby kstatewildcat98 » November 14th, 2017, 11:10 am

KITNooga wrote:
xtrawildcat wrote:Get off the fence. 'Would you vote for this guy with what you know right now.


not that it matters, because I don't have a vote in the State of Alabama, but yes, I would vote for Roy for the following reasons:

1. intellectual giants outside my state interfering in the election. Call it the 'russian factor' driving me to elect the guy those illegal outside forces want me to pass on.
2. if the charges prove true, we can re-set and change horses.
3. Folks seem to think because he denies the allegations that he's guilty. Innocent folks ALSO deny false accusations. We certainly don't KNOW which of these Roy 'is'.
4. the vote isn't today, it isn't tomorrow, it's Tuesday Dec 12.

there's time not to have a cow. there's time TO have a cow. the point is there's TIME yet before the decision has to be made.


as you asked, with what I KNOW, yes I would vote for Roy. Same logic that had me vote for Trump. it's about the agenda. with trump is was SCOTUS.

as for roy, more GOP is needed to pass key legislation.


as for that key legislation: I will forever hold McCain responsible for his absolute and outright lying to his constituents to get re-elected. So much for 'ethical senators' (as if we all don't understand that ethical congressmen, senators are not oxymorons). McCain coughed up any opportunity at a 'legacy'. He is and always has been a Dem working inside the GOP. at best he's an indictment of the subterfuge of the GOP establishment against the electorate.


And there it is. You need him for the Senate votes. It is moral depravity. And I'm not talking about his moral depravity. I'm talking about the moral depravity of those who would support him for crass political reasons. That moral decrepitude, the inability to tell right from wrong, when politics are involved, is tearing our country apart. You talk about him denying it...his denials are weak. Did you hear that Hannity interview?

"Let me ask you this you do remember these girls would it be unusual for you as a 32 year old guy to have dated a woman as young as 17? That would be a 15 year difference or a girl 18. Do you remember dating girls that young at that time?" Hannity asked.

"Not generally, no," Moore answered. "If did, you know, I'm not going to dispute anything but I don't remember anything like that."

The entire interview was like this. And it is coming out that he had been banned from the mall because he was relentlessly pursuing teens there. The evidence is compelling. He should be prosecuted, though doing so after 40 years is difficult. But regardless of that, this man does not belong in the Senate.

I encourage you to take a step back and really think about this...not from a political perspective, but a human perspective. Forget this arguing on the internet aspect and the desire to "win the argument". Is this really who you want to be as a person? Supporting someone that would do something like this?
kstatewildcat98
 
Posts: 1646
Joined: September 10th, 2013, 6:45 pm

Re: Getting to know Roy Moore (R) Candidate for Senate from

Postby KITNooga » November 14th, 2017, 11:36 am

you might allow that voters today are confronted with the choice of WHICH morally drepraved choice to vote for.

when they all suck, you're left with agendas. and 'there it is'.

but to clarify this for you in a weak effort to head off the expected obtuse response: I do NOT have a vote in Alabama elections. If I did, I would be voting for the key folks who would move the needed legislature ahead.

and I've learned that 'my troubled guy' is preferred to 'YOUR troubled guy'. you taught me that. so you have that of which to be proud.
KITNooga
 
Posts: 157
Joined: September 19th, 2017, 8:22 am

Re: Getting to know Roy Moore (R) Candidate for Senate from

Postby kstatewildcat98 » November 14th, 2017, 12:01 pm

KITNooga wrote:you might allow that voters today are confronted with the choice of WHICH morally drepraved choice to vote for.


No, I do not accept that. It is base moral equivalency. "They are all equally terrible, they do bad stuff too". It is garbage, always has been. And it has never been more clear as in this Alabama Senate election. What is there SPECIFICALLY, that makes Doug Jones just as bad as a child molester and sexual predator? You are letting this moral equivalency propaganda lead you to a path where literally ANYTHING is acceptable in an elected official, as long as they are 'on your side'.
kstatewildcat98
 
Posts: 1646
Joined: September 10th, 2013, 6:45 pm

Re: Getting to know Roy Moore (R) Candidate for Senate from

Postby KITNooga » November 14th, 2017, 12:38 pm

kstatewildcat98 wrote:No, I do not accept that. It is base moral equivalency.


were that the case, I can't imagine you would EVER vote for any politician ever again.

that being said, agendas are critical and abdicating steerage to others who have no moral guidance is also wrong. more to the point: incredibly shortsighted and stupid.
KITNooga
 
Posts: 157
Joined: September 19th, 2017, 8:22 am

Re: Getting to know Roy Moore (R) Candidate for Senate from

Postby 02Cat » November 14th, 2017, 12:51 pm

spot2180 wrote:This is such an interesting thread.

I thought the guy running against Moore was a better candidate, but I never really looked into it too much since it was in Alabama and all. I do find these allegations interesting because of their timing. He has held important offices before and ran for governor in Alabama, and this stuff apparently never came up. Now, I'm not saying the allegations are false, and neither is KITNooga. I agree with Nooga that allegations are just that. Not proof. If he is guilty, he should step down. I don't think anyone here is arguing against that.

And if you can dismiss the rape and perjury charges against the husband of a woman who did her best to discredit/destroy the lives of his accusers and vote for her for president, you really have no moral superiority in this argument. If you want to call it statutory rape, fine, but rape is rape, right? Or are you wanting to split hairs on that?

I haven't heard much about Bob Menendez at all on this site. It sounds like he's done some pretty nasty things too. Are democrats even calling for him to step down? Not on this board, they're not. If they aren't, how can democrats be taken seriously about their anger regarding sexual misconduct?

And if Slo' Joe Biden makes a run for president, do you really think all of his touching of women in public won't come up? Just for fun, Google 'joe biden touching women' and click on images. When you see all of that, you can just imagine what he might have done when he wasn't in front of cameras.

And then there's this from Time Magazine:
http://time.com/3713264/joe-biden-steph ... ulder-rub/

Now, if it comes out that Slo Joe did a lot of groping and sexually harassing women while saying it is horrible to grope and sexually harass women, will all you democrats still vote for him if he is the democrat nominee? Will you call them allegations and say they are just made up stories? Will you say like Hillary did about Bill, "it was in the past?" How far back do allegations go--because allegations are just that and not proven...yet--will you judge or not judge Slo Joe?

What comes around goes around. I think it will go around again the next election cycle. Hope ya'll stick to your guns on this one, but I bet you won't.

Spot!!! My good friend. Welcome. You bring up excellent points.

KITN, how do you feel about Clinton's emails? Do you support due process in that situation (I've set you up with an easy one here)? Surely you weren't one of the people yelling "Lock her up," before she had her day in court, right?

I would normally agree that the timing of these allegations are suspect, but, I think the number of women who have come forward and are coming forward with stories of abuse, assault and harassment are probably leading some of the charge in this instance. I believe that this also wasn't as much an issue of them voluntarily coming forward as much as the story by the Washington Post digging up facts left behind over the decades and putting the pieces together through investigation.
"The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live." - George Carlin
User avatar
02Cat
 
Posts: 1392
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 12:16 pm

Re: Getting to know Roy Moore (R) Candidate for Senate from

Postby kstatewildcat98 » November 14th, 2017, 1:12 pm

KITNooga wrote:
kstatewildcat98 wrote:No, I do not accept that. It is base moral equivalency.


were that the case, I can't imagine you would EVER vote for any politician ever again.

that being said, agendas are critical and abdicating steerage to others who have no moral guidance is also wrong. more to the point: incredibly shortsighted and stupid.


Are you seriously suggesting that Roy Moore, and child abuser, has better moral guidance than Doug Jones? :(

I am not saying you can't evaluate two bad candidates and choose the less poor option. What I AM saying is that waving your hand and saying they are both just as bad, when one of them is a child abuser...it is just dishonest. Dishonest with yourself in addition to others.

Again I ask you. What (specifically) is so terrible about Doug Jones that puts him on the same level as someone who sexually abuses children? Is it really just because he is a Democrat? Is that really all it takes? Is that what it has come to? That being a Democrat automatically makes someone worse than a child molester?
kstatewildcat98
 
Posts: 1646
Joined: September 10th, 2013, 6:45 pm

Re: Getting to know Roy Moore (R) Candidate for Senate from

Postby NealyFan » November 14th, 2017, 1:28 pm

I think the voters of Alabama will say being a Democrat is worse.
NealyFan
 
Posts: 120
Joined: September 26th, 2017, 9:18 am

Re: Getting to know Roy Moore (R) Candidate for Senate from

Postby kstatewildcat98 » November 14th, 2017, 1:33 pm

NealyFan wrote:I think the voters of Alabama will say being a Democrat is worse.


You could be right. And that would be a terrible terrible indictment of the average Alabama voter.
kstatewildcat98
 
Posts: 1646
Joined: September 10th, 2013, 6:45 pm

Re: Getting to know Roy Moore (R) Candidate for Senate from

Postby NealyFan » November 14th, 2017, 1:46 pm

Voters of Massachusetts rewarded Ted Kennedy for decades.

Georgia voted for the morally bankrupt Newt Gingrich.
NealyFan
 
Posts: 120
Joined: September 26th, 2017, 9:18 am

Re: Getting to know Roy Moore (R) Candidate for Senate from

Postby KITNooga » November 14th, 2017, 1:47 pm

kstatewildcat98 wrote:
NealyFan wrote:I think the voters of Alabama will say being a Democrat is worse.


You could be right. And that would be a terrible terrible indictment of the average Alabama voter.


or of the democrat party
KITNooga
 
Posts: 157
Joined: September 19th, 2017, 8:22 am

PreviousNext

Return to Gods and Generals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

About Us

Welcome to K-StateFans.com, the K-State community BY fans, FOR fans of the wildcats! Feel free to create an account and join in the discussion.