Sad State of Affairs

Politics and religion: two polarizing topics that deserve their own little place

Sad State of Affairs

Postby 02Cat » November 13th, 2017, 4:08 pm

"The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live." - George Carlin
02Cat

Re: Sad State of Affairs

Postby ChemicalKat » November 13th, 2017, 5:47 pm

As a liberal living in Red State Georgia, I'm so glad I'm no longer in Kansas.
ChemicalKat

Postby NealyFan » November 13th, 2017, 6:21 pm

The article is fairly clear that it is not just one party, although one party is functionally in control. Brownback paid for his tax cuts on the backs of the highways and other services. The bill is coming due.
NealyFan

Postby learnin » November 14th, 2017, 12:08 am

I travel on a wagon trail of a road, called Highway 63, almost every day. There are ruts so deep, in the highway, that you have to make a choice to stay on top of the ruts or stay in their path. There are washboard ripples so deep that my pickup was thrown into the other lane of traffic the other day.
learnin

Postby Puffdad » November 14th, 2017, 12:34 am

Kansas is ranked in the top three of any list I've ever seen of the best roads. Take a drive to Oklahoma sometime. Or Colorado.
Puffdad

Postby kstatewildcat98 » November 14th, 2017, 11:17 am

Won't comment on the Kansas politics as I haven't lived there in a long while, but I will say this. Drive from Wichita to St. Louis. The transition from Kansas highways to Missouri highways is stunning and clear. On the Kansas side the roads are smooth, with wide shoulders, and a sloped incline on turns. On the Missouri side they are rough, barely any shoulder, and it feels like you are going to be thrown off the side of the road on turns. I've heard that Missouri spends more money maintaining their state road system, rather than their highways, while Kansas takes the opposite approach. Don't know how true that is, but that is what I've heard.
kstatewildcat98

Postby 02Cat » November 14th, 2017, 4:09 pm

I'm not as concerned with the roads in Kansas (which are generally superior to other states) as I am the fact that officials are covering up information, specifically related to the deaths of children by the Department of Children and Families.
"The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live." - George Carlin
02Cat

Postby Mission Cat » November 15th, 2017, 9:19 pm

Im deeply angered that the millions in tax subsidies to businesses is kept secret from the public, including most lawmakers. That's EFFED UP!!
Mission Cat

Postby learnin » Yesterday, 12:41 am

Yes, the roads in Kansas have, in the past, been very nice compared to others. They're going down hill, however. It takes a little while for those tax cuts to trickle down the road so to speak.
learnin

Postby KITNooga » Yesterday, 8:21 am

anyone else here just take a look at the landscape, how things are, get done, and plot a courses through it all?

I can be angry all the time at everything. or I can just get to it and find my way through it.

No, it doesn't make it right. But I learned a long time ago that the sun is going to come up in the east whether I want it to or not.

by the way, these things seem to happen 'the same' regardless of which political party is in charge.
KITNooga

Return to Gods and Generals