Delton to start against TCU

The defending Big XII Champions
Tbonespop

Re: Delton to start against TCU

Post by Tbonespop » October 12th, 2017, 12:36 pm

I have to agree with TM cats. I'm currently nursing a similar knee injury and the pain can be managed and it's odd, sometimes the mobility is perfectly fine and sometimes it locks up. My guess is Jesse wanted to try and gut it out and it just got to a point he realized he was holdong the team back by playing as opposed to giving way to Alex. He's a tough kid and with all that he's gone through, I suspect he just wanted to play football and help the team win. I can't blame him or the coaches.
EMAW

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » October 12th, 2017, 2:32 pm

if your best man says he can go, it's up to the coach to make that choice and most would defer to him. that's what snyder did with ertz. he likely wasn't gimpy prior to the game you could see it getting worse as the game went on. meniscus injuries are that way. at least that's been my personal experience.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » October 12th, 2017, 4:04 pm

tmcats wrote:if your best man says he can go, it's up to the coach to make that choice and most would defer to him. that's what snyder did with ertz. he likely wasn't gimpy prior to the game you could see it getting worse as the game went on. meniscus injuries are that way. at least that's been my personal experience.
Gotcha.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » October 13th, 2017, 9:06 pm

KSURFC8 wrote:Why is it, that with at least two viable backups, it took the player to decide that he is medically unable to continue. Particularly since it was a knee injury? While most of us didn't specifically know what the injury was, everyone, from the fans to the new media, could see that something wasn't "right" with our QB for at least one game prior to the UT game.

WTF. You can't tell me that the medical staff and coaching staff didn't know something was physically wrong with our QB and that he was or would be essentially not fully capable of running our offense to its maximum potential but yet refused to either play a back-up or prepare for the inevitable.

That is a bunch of BS in a big, big way and further cements my opinion that this team is essentially leaderless. It should never have gotten to season ending knee surgery. That is almost criminal and will probable or at least potentially have life-long ramifications for Ertz or are they only concerned about long-term effects of concussions and the rest of the body be damned?
[i]We were sitting about 20 rows up from our bench last year against TX and Jesse goes down on the field in obvious pain (shoulder). If I remember right he hands the ball off the next play and then we punt. Comes over to the side line holding his throwing arm stiffly to his side. Nobody looked at him on our sideline. NOBODY. He stands there for awhile trying to make circles with his arm and clearly can't elevate it in an upward direction. Grabs a ball and tries to throw it on the sideline. Makes one attempt and bends over in pain after he throws it. Nobody looked at him. We get the ball back and he trots back out on the field. I was absolutely livid. As a sideline athletic trainer myself, there is absolutely NO excuse for this. None. Piss poor sports medicine staff. That is not on the coaches. The coaches are to be informed, by sports med staff, if a guy is unavailable so they can prep #2 at the position. All the while this was going on, I thought, as a parent, there is no way I'd let my son play for us if this is how they treat our kids. Think about it. If that is how the "star" of the team is being treated (mis-treated in my opinon) how is the 3-deep guy going to be treated. If sports med isn't looking at the damn QB, who is injury prone anyway, just what ARE they looking at.
And besides the medical sideline treating factor, if you are an opposing team coach up in the press-box, do you think they didn't notice that our QB couldn't throw? Makes playing D a helluva' lot easier I would think!

[/i] :banghead:
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

Wildcat69
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Wildcat69 » October 13th, 2017, 10:26 pm

Everyone talking about QB run play and QBs getting hurt - we have had numerous QBs that ran the ball 20+ times haven’t we? Roberson, Beasley, Klein, Miller, who else?

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » October 13th, 2017, 10:40 pm

Wildcat69 wrote:Everyone talking about QB run play and QBs getting hurt - we have had numerous QBs that ran the ball 20+ times haven’t we? Roberson, Beasley, Klein, Miller, who else?
I don't think you'll have anyone argue your point. Question is, what year was the last year where we had a QB play the entire year without missing a game due to injury?
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

powercat5000

Post by powercat5000 » October 13th, 2017, 11:07 pm

Collin Klein
Our Freedom Does Not End where Fear Begins

Wildcat69
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Wildcat69 » October 14th, 2017, 8:29 am

Well hopefully Shoen and Delton have practiced a lot together this week and have built some chemistry because Dalton is the only one that can catch. Maybe Delton will surprise us and be a true dual threat like Roberson or Bishop. Not holding breath but one can dream.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » October 14th, 2017, 8:45 am

Wildcat69 wrote:Well hopefully Shoen and Delton have practiced a lot together this week and have built some chemistry because Dalton is the only one that can catch. Maybe Delton will surprise us and be a true dual threat like Roberson or Bishop. Not holding breath but one can dream.
I would consider our top 3 QBs to all be "true dual threat" QBs. The biggest difference right now is game experience. I am glad that Skylar got some game reps early in the season and that Delton got some reps last week, but they still do not have the experience that Ertz has running the offense (especially in the passing game).

We may have to take our lumps in the short-term, but I think those two playing and not watching from the sidelines will pay nice dividends down the road - just hopefully not too far down the road. Almost every game left on the schedule is winnable, including today's game.

Go 'Cats!!!
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

Texan4KSU

Post by Texan4KSU » October 14th, 2017, 10:02 am

Delton needs game reps. The timing and comfort for for what he's doing will come. Think Roberson his soph year. He will improve with every game.