rain... who does it benefit if anyone?

The defending Big XII Champions
jabba
Has thanked: 0

rain... who does it benefit if anyone?

Post by jabba » October 12th, 2017, 12:36 pm

Supposed to rain and a good chance of it. Normally Id say it benefits us and we are typically a run first O but with this likely being Deltons first true start I just don't know. Add to it that it aint like TCU doesn't have a run game. I do feel our D is definitely better at stopping the run typically... thoughts?

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » October 12th, 2017, 1:08 pm

Slick field surfaces favor a power running game over a speed running game. It just depends on how much rain and if the field is wet/slick. If so, I would expect a big dose of Barnes followed up with Silmon and hopefully McCoy. Speed is neutralized somewhat by the surface, which helps us IMO. Just comes down to conditions at gametime. May not be a big deal at all.
EMAW

ksusmcsgtmaj
Been thanked: 0

Pick 'Em

Post by ksusmcsgtmaj » October 12th, 2017, 2:03 pm

jabba wrote:Supposed to rain and a good chance of it. Normally Id say it benefits us and we are typically a run first O but with this likely being Deltons first true start I just don't know. Add to it that it aint like TCU doesn't have a run game. I do feel our D is definitely better at stopping the run typically... thoughts?
If at all, rain generally benefits the bigger/stronger teams over the faster/finesse teams. That being said, my $.02 is that its a non factor Saturday. I don't think this being Delton's first start matters either. Dude looked comfortable and confident at Texas. Hope we get more of the same this weekend!

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » October 12th, 2017, 2:20 pm

tcu looks more like k-state than any other team in the league. so, i doubt it plays a big part other than who puts it on the turf.

frogs wearing all white with purple lids. i know that's important to someone here, so thought i'd answer.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

NMcat

Post by NMcat » October 12th, 2017, 4:31 pm

Rained last year in Ft. Worth. K-State 30-6.

90 percent chance of rain Saturday.

Guess this rivalry will now be called the "Purple Rain" game……

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » October 12th, 2017, 5:01 pm

NMcat wrote:Rained last year in Ft. Worth. K-State 30-6.

Ha! Good one. It should be a good game. I haven't seen the spread, but I have a feeling it will be a close game, hopefully with us coming out on top.

Go 'Cats!!!
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

kinsleycat

Post by kinsleycat » October 12th, 2017, 7:18 pm

Latest line has KSU sitting at +6, with O/U at 51. So far 90% of the money is betting on TCU, with 98% of the money line going to the Toads. "Cats could make Vegas a big winner with a straight up win.

ksusmcsgtmaj
Been thanked: 0

Pick 'Em

Post by ksusmcsgtmaj » October 12th, 2017, 7:51 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
NMcat wrote:Rained last year in Ft. Worth. K-State 30-6.

Ha! Good one. It should be a good game. I haven't seen the spread, but I have a feeling it will be a close game, hopefully with us coming out on top.

Go 'Cats!!!
Zing!!

Wyldkatz

Post by Wyldkatz » October 14th, 2017, 1:29 pm

I don't think the weather will be a big benefit factor for either team. TCU and KSU are very similar teams. The difference maker will be a QB that can run vs. 2 of the slowest linebackers in the Big12.

kinsleycat

Post by kinsleycat » October 14th, 2017, 2:00 pm

[quote="Wyldkatz"]I don't think the weather will be a big benefit factor for either team. TCU and KSU are very similar teams. The difference maker will be a QB that can run vs. 2 of the slowest linebackers in the Big12.

TCU has slow linebackers? Good to know!