TV

Come on in, kick your feet up, and shoot the breeze...
RichardZ

Pick 'Em

TV

Post by RichardZ » May 12th, 2020, 10:14 am

So, with this shutdown and some battles with health issues I have been watching more TV than I have ever.

Someone said, years ago, it is a vast wasteland. Just a few observations.

1- Local news is unwatchable. If I have to see one more feel good story like..."Oh, here is Penelope Anne. She just made a peanut and jelly sandwich for a local fireman." I have narrowed it down to watch just the weather report which comes on at 17 minutes passed the hour, but now I dont even do that. I just ask Alexa. No peanut butter/jelly sandwiches there. National news is so biased that's off my list too. And thanks Pres. Trump for your hour long Corona Report with Fouci and gang, but enough is enough.

2- How anyone can watch a 'comedy' show is beyond me. That canned laughter drives me insane. The same laugh track over and over again.
Seinfeld was the last funny show on TV.

3- Thank God for Amazon Prime and Netflix

4- Jeez, I miss sports on TV.

5- ID Channel. I have determined it is not hard to be a detective. You wait for the DNA results or a tip. And the husband, 97% of the time is guilty.

6- God Bless whoever invented the DVR. I zip thru commercials like a a bunch of jackals on a carcass.

7- The three Jeopardy Champs of all time have got to be fed the answers. No one is that smart.

I would go on, but I have to clean the barn....
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » May 12th, 2020, 12:31 pm

RZ, I didn't watch Seinfeld when it was first on TV, but we're watching, and laughing, through the episodes now.

Granted on local and national tv news.

My wife and I watch what we call the "blood and guts" police/fire/hospital shows because there's little else to watch. We have enjoyed some of Dan Rather's "Big Interviews" with musical "stars" on AXS, plus some of the old country music concerts.

The history channel offers some good viewing as does NatGeo.

Plus, I've watch quite a bit of live horse racing on TVG.

SWKat

Post by SWKat » May 12th, 2020, 1:25 pm

Local and national news has just been on repeat the past 2 months or so basically. Same news everyday, coronavirus

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » May 16th, 2020, 10:12 pm

#2. If a show is funny, people laugh. Canned laughter makes me want to hate the show. The timing is also wrong. If you are a good writer and have good actors, the dialogue will do its part.
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder

iowa_wildcat

Post by iowa_wildcat » May 17th, 2020, 6:40 am

The best thing on TV in the last 2 1/2 months was Forest Gump. Even network news has not been watchable because every word is agenda driven. Whatever happened to the Walter Cronkite's of the broadcasting world?

ToledoCat#3

Post by ToledoCat#3 » May 17th, 2020, 9:15 am

I preferred Chet Huntley and David Brinkley's evening news on NBC. Those were the good ol' days of real journalism when opinion was rare and clearly labeled.

Number8son
Been thanked: 0

Pick 'Em

Post by Number8son » May 19th, 2020, 3:15 pm

I really just watch business news, sports and some Greg Gutfeld Show---because it is hard hitting serious news and usually has animals doing something weird or a guy almost killing himself doing some stupid antic.

"News" is really unwatchable....they make is sound like there are really only four important jobs in the U.S.. For once, I would like to see a news story on the workplace janitor who is getting about $11 an hour with little or no benefits, but the limited taxes (and major expenses) they do pay is going to pay for the four jobs that are deemed most important. I appreciate the heck out of good janitors and I believed it is one of the most underpaid occupations.