K-State vs Colorado

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
ksuwbbfan

Re: K-State vs Colorado

Post by ksuwbbfan » March 24th, 2024, 4:14 pm

Cats1124 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 3:21 pm
I love those girls but not so much Mittie.
And people wonder why we continue to miss out on in state talent.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 24th, 2024, 4:31 pm

Tale of 2 seasons. Pre Yokie injury and post Yokie injury. Just never got our mojo back. Weird.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post:
stlcatfan

DeereCatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by DeereCatFan » March 24th, 2024, 4:51 pm

1st time I was able to watch the women this year. I'd heard it could be frustrating with lobs to Ayoka and turnovers, but holy crap. I bet there was a dozen or better entry passes to Lee that were picked off. I get some lobs but they were forced too much. Ridiculous. That in itself lost the game. Well and piss poor shooting. That flagrant foul I knew would get called. The elbow came up too much. I can't blame her as Sheppard was dry humping her all day. Sheppard could have been called for several fouls that weren't, but i don't think refs cost the game. Seems like a waste of talent with the coaching. I'd be surprised if Lee came back to the club. Hope she does but her talents wasted.

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » March 24th, 2024, 4:56 pm

Coach Mittie didn't play the game. The girls did. They got outplayed today, pure and simple. No excuses. Refs didn't decide the outcome. Mittie didn't decide the outcome.

I love this gal's BB team. The players are excellent players and better people. But, today, they got outplayed -- not "out-coached or out-reffed."

Mittee recruited every member of this team. Give the guy credit. They have played entertaining BB for this old alum to enjoy watching.

I'm sad for the season ending, but not to the extent of pulling my hair out or placing undue blame.

Time to move on.
These users thanked the author ToledoCat#3 for the post:
purplehairedladyx2

ksuwbbfan

Post by ksuwbbfan » March 24th, 2024, 5:30 pm

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 4:56 pm
Coach Mittie didn't play the game. The girls did. They got outplayed today, pure and simple. No excuses. Refs didn't decide the outcome. Mittie didn't decide the outcome.

I love this gal's BB team. The players are excellent players and better people. But, today, they got outplayed -- not "out-coached or out-reffed."

Mittee recruited every member of this team. Give the guy credit. They have played entertaining BB for this old alum to enjoy watching.

I'm sad for the season ending, but not to the extent of pulling my hair out or placing undue blame.

Time to move on.
I'm sorry, I disagree. We were also out coached and out played and this wasn't the first time. We have the players and if you can't get the most out of them, that would fall on the coaching.

Cats1124

Post by Cats1124 » March 24th, 2024, 5:56 pm

Out coached. No adjustments. He's not willing to change things up, it seems he has no faith in his team to believe they can go away from game plan. This was the year, he couldnt stand the test, at least Deb got to a sweet 16. Someone asked earlier, has Mittie gotten to sweet 16?? I'd like to know.

ChemEngCat
Has thanked: 0

Post by ChemEngCat » March 24th, 2024, 6:31 pm

I looked up his coaching record. According to what I looked at, Mittie has never made it past the 2nd round of the NCAA, so, no he has never made it to the Sweet 16.
These users thanked the author ChemEngCat for the post:
Cats1124

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 24th, 2024, 7:13 pm

purpleprairiecat wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 3:34 pm
bhoovy wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 3:27 pm
Poorly played game. Sad way to end a season. Too many missed bunnies which has been an issue of this team. Forced post passes, which has also been an issue. Wasn’t overly impressed with CU. They were okay but we’ve already beat better. Just a poorly played game. Anything less than an elite 8 was a disappointment for this team. Too much potential to go out first weekend against at team like CU and at home no less.

Hopefully Lee will return for one more season and they can make a run next year, cleaning up the issues that cost them this year.
You are wrong about CU. I don't like them. They play dirty and have some floppers and drama queens. However, they are as good as any of the teams in the Big 12. They will give Iowa all they can handle.
That’s an opinion by both of us not a fact. So no I’m not wrong it’s just my opinion. And you believing they are as good as any team we played is your opinion. In my opinion we have beaten better in Iowa and Texas, at least, although to me that’s more fact than opinion. I think OU, WVU and ISU are also better. My opinion. They came into the tournament 2-6 over their last 8. Fact.

wazucat

Post by wazucat » March 24th, 2024, 7:49 pm

I had hopped that in my fandom of KSU sports that the worst coaching choke job would always be Weber losing to a play-in nobody in Kansas City his first season. Unfortunately this performance may rival Bruce's, losing in front of a sellout home crowd with a sweet 16 there for the taking.
These users thanked the author wazucat for the post:
114Hickory

ksuwbbfan

Post by ksuwbbfan » March 24th, 2024, 8:13 pm

wazucat wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:49 pm
I had hopped that in my fandom of KSU sports that the worst coaching choke job would always be Weber losing to a play-in nobody in Kansas City his first season. Unfortunately this performance may rival Bruce's, losing in front of a sellout home crowd with a sweet 16 there for the taking.
With an All-American center.