#15 cats host isu wed, 6:30, espn+ ...

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
greycat68

Re: #15 cats host isu wed, 6:30, espn+ ...

Post by greycat68 » February 28th, 2024, 11:13 pm

We will go nowhere with Mittie at the helm. Yokie is a shell of her former self. She has lost the strength in her lower body. Very sad. The injuries to Yokie and Gabby totally destroyed our season.
These users thanked the author greycat68 for the post:
katlander

Cats1124

Post by Cats1124 » February 28th, 2024, 11:17 pm

I have a lot of respect for Audi, she was always trying to help Ayoka up... just wanted to add that.

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » February 28th, 2024, 11:21 pm

If someone had told most of our WBB fans before the season started that the team would win 23 games before the season was over, knock off the #2 team in the nation as visitor, with Yoki being hurt a third of the season, most fans would have eagerly accepted it.

Who is the coach? Jeff Mittie. I think he got out-coached tonight, but he deserves some credit for getting the team to where it is -- with plenty to still play for.

The team will have a hell of a nucleus coming back next year, unless the portal hurts it.
These users thanked the author ToledoCat#3 for the post (total 2):
purpleprairiecatCatalum

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » February 28th, 2024, 11:24 pm

Just pitiful. I couldn’t watch live so was watching the replay and after the 3rd quarter decided to check my app to see the final. And just as I figure they choked on it. Just not a good outing by the Cats for two games in a row.

A top 4 seed is pretty much out of the question unless they do something special in the Big12 tournament.

This team seems to have peaked early. They’re not the same team that played Iowa and in that post season tournament.

Looking like a possible dream season has woke up and found themselves more of just an okay team like ku and ISU who were neither one projected in the tournament when they beat the cats.

Just disappointing. Got killed on the glass. Got killed by points in the paint by nearly 20. Allowed 50% shooting. And all this in your own gym where you supposedly have a huge advantage. And to a ISU team that plays a bunch of freshman, and they are talented, but not a top 25 team.

I’m not sure this team can make it out of the first weekend in the NCAA tournament and they looked like a potential final four team a couple months ago. Things have definitely changed.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » February 29th, 2024, 9:33 am

My God, did you see the video of Crooks attacking Sanchez. Elbow to the face and then just bowl her over and Sanchez gets the foul. One of the worst calls ever. I thought it was bad from the student section but a close up from the opposing angle shows the absurdity of the call. I was unable to post the video here. It is bad! Flagrant 1 or 2 bad! Would have been her 4th foul. Their coach saw it and got her out of the game immediately.

purpleprairiecat
Location: Spokane, WA but lived in Manhattan, KS for many years.

Post by purpleprairiecat » February 29th, 2024, 10:35 am

katlander wrote:
February 29th, 2024, 9:33 am
My God, did you see the video of Crooks attacking Sanchez. Elbow to the face and then just bowl her over and Sanchez gets the foul. One of the worst calls ever. I thought it was bad from the student section but a close up from the opposing angle shows the absurdity of the call. I was unable to post the video here. It is bad! Flagrant 1 or 2 bad! Would have been her 4th foul. Their coach saw it and got her out of the game immediately.
And the refs wouldn't even review the play!

Cats1124

Post by Cats1124 » February 29th, 2024, 10:55 am

katlander wrote:
February 29th, 2024, 9:33 am
I missed that one! I thought she was being very kind to Ayoka. Yikes!

ksuwbbfan

Post by ksuwbbfan » February 29th, 2024, 11:05 am

And Oklahoma wins the conference. I look at us and believe we have players with similar ability, actually in some cases better. A better post player, but they play with a level of freedom and confidence that we do not have and I believe the difference is in the coaches. No way their players are better than ours, their coach is better than ours.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » February 29th, 2024, 11:22 am

ksuwbbfan wrote:
February 29th, 2024, 11:05 am
And Oklahoma wins the conference. I look at us and believe we have players with similar ability, actually in some cases better. A better post player, but they play with a level of freedom and confidence that we do not have and I believe the difference is in the coaches. No way their players are better than ours, their coach is better than ours.
I don’t believe they are any better either. You could tell when they beat us they were very excited about the win, not just getting a win, but that win. OU has continued to remain pretty consistent throughout, the Cats not so much and sure some of that was having to play without Lee. But most I believe thought that would only make them better and possibly tougher once she returned. That just hasn’t been the case. We’ve regressed at least to some degree. Is the coach or the players? Probably some of both. The big question is, can they get it back? Because right now they just don’t look like a team that is going to do much in the big dance and maybe not much in their own conference tournament. But a lot of the shine is off the enthusiasm and excitement and most definitely the optimistic expectations for what could be.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 29th, 2024, 11:35 am

well, what's to say in this morning's afterthoughts?

1. isu played way better than k-state last night - scheme doctor fennelly came to town;
2. yokie's a shell of her former self - i hope she rests the legs until tournament time;
3. k-state's defense never adjusted to their high ball screen - last night nor earlier in lawrence;
4. it's irritating to watch kansas girls defeat k-state - brown and ryan combined for 33 points and 18 boards;
5. ames just shot it better - 50% to 40%;
6. fennelly gave long embraces to gabby and yokie at game's end - all class;
7. senior night recognition was post game - wrong time in my view, should be pregame;
8. crowd was okay - i'd guess something short of five thousand - but bram brat was good;
9. serena had her usual strong outing - 15 points and 10 assists;
10. yokie said afterwards that there's a lot of basketball left - not here - and i'm not so sure if she doesn't get healthier.

https://www.cjonline.com/gcdn/authoring ... &auto=webp
Last edited by tmcats on February 29th, 2024, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why is there something rather than nothing?