K-State WBB recruiting thread

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
katlander

Pick 'Em

Re: K-State WBB recruiting thread

Post by katlander » April 29th, 2024, 7:11 am

This is a solid team with a ton of experience and an infusion of promising new blood. Not trying to be obstinate but I am fine with the twins starting. They play good D and seem to be joined at the hip with Sundell and Yoki. They have started since day one and it may be better to not mess with success. However, I think the substituting should be early and often. Walker will likely play more than Bri and Sides minutes should also increase. I think Mitte does a good job on a personal level which is important. He has good retention and I give him credit. My concern is that our team seemed to struggle as the season wore on after a great start. Not sure why we didn't get our mojo back after Yoki returned.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 29th, 2024, 10:48 am

katlander wrote:
April 29th, 2024, 7:11 am
This is a solid team with a ton of experience and an infusion of promising new blood. Not trying to be obstinate but I am fine with the twins starting. They play good D and seem to be joined at the hip with Sundell and Yoki. They have started since day one and it may be better to not mess with success. However, I think the substituting should be early and often. Walker will likely play more than Bri and Sides minutes should also increase. I think Mitte does a good job on a personal level which is important. He has good retention and I give him credit. My concern is that our team seemed to struggle as the season wore on after a great start. Not sure why we didn't get our mojo back after Yoki returned.
yoki was not as good after her return. and k-state did not have a third scorer. when gabby was on, which was not very often unfortunately, they were really good. my hope is that poindexter is far more consistent and productive than gregory her senior year. that will open the lane for lee. unless doubled, she's impossible to stop.

this could be a fantastic team. right now, i'm not sure if they finish above or below football in the final rankings. but if i had to bet, i'd take the women today unless klieman finds a quality linebacker. i don't believe mbb will be anywhere near either at season's close without a couple more stellar additions.
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » Yesterday, 9:59 am

coach mittie put out a bat signal on X last night. so look for an addition soon.
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell