#7 cats @ #12 baylor, monday, fs1, 7:30 ...

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: #7 cats @ #12 baylor, monday, fs1, 7:30 ...

Post by tmcats » January 23rd, 2024, 1:03 pm

Catalum wrote:
January 23rd, 2024, 12:56 pm
tmcats wrote:
January 23rd, 2024, 10:45 am
Always appreciate your "afterthoughts". Regarding #9 and the "camera angle", my son and I were saying the same thing......absolutely horrible. Felt like I was watching the game from a blimp or a drone overhead.

So glad Serena was able to return after that ankle sprain. She really is the facilitator for this team. As you eluded to in #10, this team really does have some great attributes outside of Yoki.....and tremendous depth.
baylor's gym seems like a scaled down oSu iba, from the camera angles and to the empty seats. :?
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

Kralicek

Post by Kralicek » January 23rd, 2024, 1:32 pm

Eliza was 16 and 9, I believe. Great game and a lot of resolve and fight in this bunch.
These users thanked the author Kralicek for the post:
tmcats

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » January 23rd, 2024, 1:56 pm

tmcats wrote:
January 23rd, 2024, 1:03 pm
Catalum wrote:
January 23rd, 2024, 12:56 pm

Always appreciate your "afterthoughts". Regarding #9 and the "camera angle", my son and I were saying the same thing......absolutely horrible. Felt like I was watching the game from a blimp or a drone overhead.

So glad Serena was able to return after that ankle sprain. She really is the facilitator for this team. As you eluded to in #10, this team really does have some great attributes outside of Yoki.....and tremendous depth.
baylor's gym seems like a scaled down oSu iba, from the camera angles and to the empty seats. :?
That’s exactly right.

oldcat59
Has thanked: 0

Post by oldcat59 » January 23rd, 2024, 2:52 pm

One assistant coach told us last night when the team returned to MHK airport, the arean is Awsome! It was apparently designed and built for the HOME TEAM! Apparently Baylor players are becoming acclimatied to the "squeeed-in' feel of the box-like arena. The student body section is directly behnd the opposing team's bench, plus around the corner. This makes tremendious loud yelling distracting to teams. Apparently Baylot students were given white, long ballons to wave behind the baskets, causing distraction for opponents free throw shots. Gabby said she has never been distracted at the line like she was at Baylor.
These users thanked the author oldcat59 for the post:
tmcats

ksuwbbfan

Post by ksuwbbfan » January 24th, 2024, 10:55 am

So, I rewatched the game last night. It sounded like their coach was saying that we fouled #11 on that jack up 3 with 10 seconds left. But, I honestly didn't see a foul. Did you?

Also, I love how our players aren't intimidated. They aren't dirty players, at all. But, they aren't afraid to fight for the ball.

They also never seemed to look panicked at all. They seemed very methodical and calm. Confident in themselves.

Really proud of them.
These users thanked the author ksuwbbfan for the post (total 2):
tmcatsAlabamaLane

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » January 24th, 2024, 11:25 am

ksuwbbfan wrote:
January 24th, 2024, 10:55 am
So, I rewatched the game last night. It sounded like their coach was saying that we fouled #11 on that jack up 3 with 10 seconds left. But, I honestly didn't see a foul. Did you?

Also, I love how our players aren't intimidated. They aren't dirty players, at all. But, they aren't afraid to fight for the ball.

They also never seemed to look panicked at all. They seemed very methodical and calm. Confident in themselves.

Really proud of them.
There was no foul on the stupid 3-point attempt. She obviously was fishing for a foul but was outsmarted by the defender. Frankly, I get so tired of the acting charades some players (James, Clarke, etc.) put on to unfairly influence a ref. Of course, the refs must not be particularly bright to get sucked in so easily.
These users thanked the author PurpleOnWhite for the post:
ksuwbbfan

ksuwbbfan

Post by ksuwbbfan » January 24th, 2024, 11:31 am

She also thought that they shouldn't have been called for an intentional foul. It was definitely the right call and deserved. I thought the refs did a great job. They allowed our defense to play defense and didn't assume fouls where there were none.

purpleprairiecat
Location: Spokane, WA but lived in Manhattan, KS for many years.

Post by purpleprairiecat » January 24th, 2024, 11:33 am

ksuwbbfan wrote:
January 24th, 2024, 10:55 am

Really proud of them.
I watched the Baylor coach's press conference too. She did imply that the Baylor player was fouled on that 3 with 10 seconds left. I have watched the play several times. There was no foul. It wasn't even close to a foul. Her comments didn't match with the analysis by the TV commentators. They kept saying that the Baylor player misread the time clock. Based on the coach's comments, the Baylor player was told to put up a shot for a 3 as soon as she anticipated being fouled. The problem was there was no foul.
These users thanked the author purpleprairiecat for the post (total 3):
ksuwbbfantmcatsAlabamaLane

purpleprairiecat
Location: Spokane, WA but lived in Manhattan, KS for many years.

Post by purpleprairiecat » January 24th, 2024, 11:38 am

ksuwbbfan wrote:
January 24th, 2024, 11:31 am
She also thought that they shouldn't have been called for an intentional foul. It was definitely the right call and deserved. I thought the refs did a great job. They allowed our defense to play defense and didn't assume fouls where there were none.
I agree. I have not heard the Baylor coach talk at a press conference before. She was clearly upset with the loss right after the game. Some of her comments were off. I think she may wish she could take back some if those comments after she reviews the game video.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 24th, 2024, 1:19 pm

purpleprairiecat wrote:
January 24th, 2024, 11:38 am
ksuwbbfan wrote:
January 24th, 2024, 11:31 am
I agree. I have not heard the Baylor coach talk at a press conference before. She was clearly upset with the loss right after the game. Some of her comments were off. I think she may wish she could take back some if those comments after she reviews the game video.
she was probably most frustrated that her team made no good adjustments to coach mittie going zone. baylor had near zero high post game. nothing worked. that would frustrate me as well if i were her.
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell