UC Irvine

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
KsJoey

Re: UC Irvine

Post by KsJoey » March 22nd, 2019, 3:40 pm

Watutalkaboutwillis wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 3:25 pm
still won't attack the zone. Too much standing around and slow passes.
Bruce led KSU teams have been notoriously bad against the zone... this is nothing new. IMO, it's his biggest knock as a coach. We implement an offense that creates mid/long range shots. And when we are hitting them, them all is good(which you can say for any offense). But when we aren't(like today), there isn't any plan B. We just keep shooting and launching low % shots. The zone stops Barrys ability (or anybodys) to get into the paint.

Without Wade we don't have reliable bigs. Makol did good today, but again, he usually doesn't play that well. And much of the damage he did do wasn't skilled work. UCI didn't have legit Bigs to contend with today and we still were very 1 dimensional. We started off shooting hot with 4 of 5 from 3(I believe) and then ended the game 8 of 27... for 29.6% That will lose you most games. Yes, the officiating was bad and in UCI's favor most of the game and it definitely made some difference, but still, this is a game KSU should have won with any kind of consistent execution. It reminded me a lot of the Texas A&M/Tulsa game. No rhythm, no energy, no urgency, careless too often.. and poor offensive execution which resulted in poor shots.
Last edited by KsJoey on March 22nd, 2019, 3:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 22nd, 2019, 3:40 pm

Uh Oh wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 3:35 pm
I'll say my goodbyes graciously saying we just played a little better today and got the reward - as I anticipated. Agreed the refs missed some calls, more against the 'Cats. Also agree you guys were out-coached.

Enjoy your off-season. We have more work to do. Don't count us out so quickly for Sunday. We have and can play much better than today.

Zot Zot Zot
Nothing at all gracious in your post.

Just another woman’s hygiene product, who likely wouldn’t have came back and posted a word had they lost.

Just a lonely loser person who has to go to other teams boards because they have no other life.

What a troll.

JoegUCI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by JoegUCI » March 22nd, 2019, 3:42 pm

Helluva game .... no gloating here as the Wildcats have great shooters and a great defense. Wife and I met a nice Kansas St couple when we were eating ... much respect

Section 12-2

Post by Section 12-2 » March 22nd, 2019, 3:42 pm

bhoovy wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 3:36 pm
And Seth Davis is definitely a woman’s hygiene product.

Arrogant self righteous jerk.
Why do you listen to that guy?

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 22nd, 2019, 3:44 pm

BeefEater wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 3:31 pm
Hey Cats,

Good game! Looks like I was right about this being pretty much an even match up and UCI having the momentum to win it. Truth hurts, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DZofnZWM9k
I’m betting you an uh oh are the same lonely loser person. Find boards of other teams, go talk smack, wait to see how the game ends and then run back if you’re team pulls off the miracle upset win and then go back and start the smack again, but never hear from again when you lose, like most the time.

What a sad life.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 22nd, 2019, 3:45 pm

Section 12-2 wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 3:42 pm
bhoovy wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 3:36 pm
And Seth Davis is definitely a woman’s hygiene product.

Arrogant self righteous jerk.
Why do you listen to that guy?
Didn’t really mean too he just came on right after the game and I hadn’t turned it off yet. Never have liked that guy.

WichitaCat

Post by WichitaCat » March 22nd, 2019, 3:45 pm

Seth Davis commented that sitting Barry in the first half took him out of rhythm for the 2nd half. Have to agree. Barry finished with 5 points on 2-9 shooting. No free throws, 1 steal

uciyiyi
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by uciyiyi » March 22nd, 2019, 3:46 pm

UCI fan here...

I’ll say this—-we played a good game but you guys lost about 6 to 8 points with just horrible calls which led to Brown getting benched for too long.

I totally understand your frustration—-refs sucked and you guys didn’t leverage your far superior athleticism on offense. That missed dunk by one of your guards blew me away...we have no one with those hops.

Ultimately, you guys shot way too many 3s and we hit some clutch shots.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 22nd, 2019, 3:49 pm

JoegUCI wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 3:42 pm
Helluva game .... no gloating here as the Wildcats have great shooters and a great defense. Wife and I met a nice Kansas St couple when we were eating ... much respect
You need to give lessons to your other brethren Joe. You guys deserved the win with the way we played and your guys played. But I’m still upset with the officiating and believe it had an impact.

I honestly can’t say good luck because it wouldn’t be sincere, but I also don’t really care what happens other then I’d love to hear ku got rolled.

But enjoy the rest your trip and safe travels.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 22nd, 2019, 3:51 pm

WichitaCat wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 3:45 pm
Seth Davis commented that sitting Barry in the first half took him out of rhythm for the 2nd half. Have to agree. Barry finished with 5 points on 2-9 shooting. No free throws, 1 steal
While I understand the sitting of a player with 2 fouls in a normal game, but this is a single elimination with a senior in his possible last game. Barry Brown is not a freshman that will get frustrated and pick up a 3rd foul. You have to trust your senior leader to not get that 3rd foul and keep him out there because you need his offense and his defense. There should not be this hard set rule, it should change based on the situation and the player. Barry is not a foul prone player, and Weber should know that by now. Weber failed Barry IMO.
Last edited by AJcat7755 on March 22nd, 2019, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.