#8 Creighton (21-11, 10-8, 3rd BE), #9 K-State, Fri, 5:50

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
learnin

Re: #8 Creighton (21-11, 10-8, 3rd BE), #9 K-State, Fri, 5:5

Post by learnin » March 15th, 2018, 9:36 am

tmcats wrote:
purplepain wrote:
So if you weren't aware of this tiny nugget, I think it's absolutely noteworthy. A motivated Foster might be the difference in this game for Creighton.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... s-bracket/
i saw a tweet yesterday from a k-state fan saying he hoped marcus laid 30 on weber. it's the damndest mindset some of these dimwits have that i've ever come across in sports. marcus is now somehow their hero. :|
Poor, imbalanced, individual. He, or she, is consumed with the imbalance of hate and that makes one cut their own throat to spite their head. There are a number of these kind of K-State fans still hanging on to a hope that Weber will fail. I hope there are not many.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 15th, 2018, 10:11 am

Dean is still in a walking boot today. He said he was good to go days ago but the staff said they are taking it very safely, saying something about "his future". Probably won't know his status until they announce the starting lineup.

IStillLikeHarv

Post by IStillLikeHarv » March 15th, 2018, 10:11 am

KsJoey wrote:It all comes down to hitting our shots and Dean/Barry playing at 100%. We can't go 3 of 17 from 3pt range. If I was Creighton, my game plan would be to stack the paint tight. Double team Dean or Makol in the paint. Don't get them room to operate, and force KSU bigmen to kick it out to an open 3pt shooter. Turn it into a 3pt game, in which Creighton is good at, and negate KSU's big advantage in the paint.
Actually, the conference shooting percentages from three are 36.8% for Creighton and 35.9% for KSU, so the game would not turn on that stat. Creighton makes a lot more threes than KSU because they take a lot more threes than KSU. Then again, they get to play against teams like DePaul. St. John's, and Georgetown in their conference, and that matters too.

Obviously it matters if either team is "hot" from three, but that is always true, and the chances of KSU shooting better than average from three may actually be better than Creighton's because KSU is probably a better defensive team than Creighton.

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » March 15th, 2018, 10:38 am

ajcksu82 wrote:Dean is still in a walking boot today. He said he was good to go days ago but the staff said they are taking it very safely, saying something about "his future". Probably won't know his status until they announce the starting lineup.
You’re right on the boot.....but he’ll play. The same situation exactly like last year. He went through the same thing for 6 conference games over 3 weeks last year.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 15th, 2018, 11:01 am

"i saw a tweet yesterday from a k-state fan saying he hoped marcus laid 30 on weber."

I could care less if Foster had 50 as long as K-STATE had more points at the end.

I don't know what he would have to prove against Weber. His problem looks him in the mirror every morning. Apparently he has matured and maybe his getting cut by Weber helped.

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » March 15th, 2018, 1:03 pm

I really don't think all of this revenge talk, blah blah blah will have much of an impact when they throw the ball in the air tomorrow. Both teams are going to play with passion and a great desire to win. One team will more than likely make a few more shots, make a few key plays down the stretch, make a few less dumb plays, etc to win the game. I highly doubt it will be because of revenge.

Foster can be trying to get revenge, but if we defend him hard and smart, that really doesn't matter. He may get 30 or he may get 3, but I really doubt revenge will be the reason why.

The team that plays the best will win.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 15th, 2018, 1:05 pm

i suspect if he has the wrong motives, he'll fail. that's human nature.
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

Hoopsfan63
Has thanked: 0

Post by Hoopsfan63 » March 15th, 2018, 2:18 pm

ajcksu82 wrote:Dean is still in a walking boot today. He said he was good to go days ago but the staff said they are taking it very safely, saying something about "his future". Probably won't know his status until they announce the starting lineup.
They better take that screw out of his foot after the season is over.

kinsleycat

Post by kinsleycat » March 15th, 2018, 2:41 pm

Why would Foster want revenge? K-State gave him every chance to straighten up and fly right. I still blame the people at the LeBron James camp he attended for really messing him up.

kinsleycat

Post by kinsleycat » March 15th, 2018, 5:09 pm

50/50 whether Dean plays or not, but if he does it'll be fewer than 35 min for the game, But he came out without the boot today for the shoot a round.