NCAA selections

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
AlabamaLane

Re: NCAA selections

Post by AlabamaLane » March 11th, 2018, 8:59 pm

I was hoping that wsu would be the #4 in the same bracket as ku. It would have been insane here in Wichita for the 5 day build-up to that game.

IStillLikeHarv

Post by IStillLikeHarv » March 11th, 2018, 9:10 pm

AlabamaLane wrote:I was hoping that wsu would be the #4 in the same bracket as ku. It would have been insane here in Wichita for the 5 day build-up to that game.
Shame on you. The NCAA would never try some cheap gimmick to hype ticket sales. Shame, shame, shame.

8-)

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 11th, 2018, 9:44 pm

pulitzerdave wrote:
learnin wrote:Curtis Kitchen tweeted, a while ago: "Bruce Weber why does life hate you? Just when you're starting to (finally) get some decent support, you have to face Marcus Foster. Lose and fickle fans will be back to full hating." Well, you left something out Curtis. If we win, Weber gets to coach against Nigel Johnson. Friends, you can't make this stuff up.
Do you think that maybe committee members were discussing "story lines" while seeding teams and matching them up?

This tournament is about hype, hope, hysteria and hooks to get fans to buy tickets and tune in. It's entertainment!
Oh surely not.............. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » March 11th, 2018, 9:55 pm

Fullypersuaded wrote:Creighton is not a gimme. I've watched them play a few times. Foster will be extra motivated I'm sure.
Extra motivated for what? That he blew his opportunity in Manhattan by being a pouting malcontent that couldn't follow the same rules as every other member of the team?
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » March 11th, 2018, 10:18 pm

....or some form of personal redemption

learnin

Post by learnin » March 12th, 2018, 12:12 am

pulitzerdave wrote:
learnin wrote:Curtis Kitchen tweeted, a while ago: "Bruce Weber why does life hate you? Just when you're starting to (finally) get some decent support, you have to face Marcus Foster. Lose and fickle fans will be back to full hating." Well, you left something out Curtis. If we win, Weber gets to coach against Nigel Johnson. Friends, you can't make this stuff up.
Do you think that maybe committee members were discussing "story lines" while seeding teams and matching them up?

This tournament is about hype, hope, hysteria and hooks to get fans to buy tickets and tune in. It's entertainment!
I think they were in the first matchup with Marcus, but I don't believe they were thinking about Nigel since he never was well known.
At any rate, Fitz said, tonight on The Drive, that he thought it was a low blow by the committee because Marcus Foster will have to answer questions all week as to what happened, does he hold any grudges and stuff like that.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 12th, 2018, 12:13 am

wazucat wrote:
Sounds like the "force" was strong in the committee room :lol:
Put the whammy on them for sure. :D

kinsleycat
Has thanked: 0

Post by kinsleycat » March 12th, 2018, 2:51 am

I thunk I'm gong to root for some of the cheater schools to get to the final 4 just so the NCAA and the schools have to answer questions about their cheating ways and the FBI investigation. Go Arizona, go Auburn!

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 12th, 2018, 8:03 am

"At any rate, Fitz said, tonight on The Drive, that he thought it was a low blow by the committee because Marcus Foster will have to answer questions all week as to what happened, does he hold any grudges and stuff like that."

I agree. Then the NCAA wonders why the opinion of them is what it is. Of course the media lap dogs will do their thing. I think if I were McDermott, Foster would be off-limits all week.

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » March 12th, 2018, 8:22 am

AlabamaLane wrote:I was hoping that wsu would be the #4 in the same bracket as ku. It would have been insane here in Wichita for the 5 day build-up to that game.

Couldn't have happened as WSU is the host for the games at Intrust, and as a result, was not allowed to play in Wichita.

As far as Marcus having to answer questions all week according to what Fitz said on the Drive, didn't I read that the AD at Creighton was the President of the Selection Committee? If so, Mcdermott has to be thrilled about that. Gee boss, thanks for letting our best player have to answer questions all week about why he got kicked off the team at his previous school.