NCAA selections

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
stlcatfan

Re: NCAA selections

Post by stlcatfan » March 11th, 2018, 7:14 pm

This is going to be a tough bracket to fill out. Even some of the 12-14 seeds (Marshall, SFA, Buffalo, Bucknell, etc.) could give their opponents a tough game, including some upsets. Should be interesting.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

wazucat

Post by wazucat » March 11th, 2018, 7:36 pm

stlcatfan wrote:This is going to be a tough bracket to fill out. Even some of the 12-14 seeds (Marshall, SFA, Buffalo, Bucknell, etc.) could give their opponents a tough game, including some upsets. Should be interesting.
My memory is not what it used to be, perhaps you could remind me of some of the previous years brackets that were easy to fill out.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 11th, 2018, 7:37 pm

Curtis Kitchen tweeted, a while ago: "Bruce Weber why does life hate you? Just when you're starting to (finally) get some decent support, you have to face Marcus Foster. Lose and fickle fans will be back to full hating." Well, you left something out Curtis. If we win, Weber gets to coach against Nigel Johnson. Friends, you can't make this stuff up.

section12
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by section12 » March 11th, 2018, 7:38 pm

They are always easy to fill out. My problem is picking the right teams. :banghead:

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » March 11th, 2018, 7:46 pm

learnin wrote:Curtis Kitchen tweeted, a while ago: "Bruce Weber why does life hate you? Just when you're starting to (finally) get some decent support, you have to face Marcus Foster. Lose and fickle fans will be back to full hating." Well, you left something out Curtis. If we win, Weber gets to coach against Nigel Johnson. Friends, you can't make this stuff up.
Do you think that maybe committee members were discussing "story lines" while seeding teams and matching them up?

This tournament is about hype, hope, hysteria and hooks to get fans to buy tickets and tune in. It's entertainment!

Fullypersuaded

Post by Fullypersuaded » March 11th, 2018, 7:53 pm

Creighton is not a gimme. I've watched them play a few times. Foster will be extra motivated I'm sure.

wazucat

Post by wazucat » March 11th, 2018, 7:55 pm

learnin wrote:Curtis Kitchen tweeted, a while ago: "Bruce Weber why does life hate you? Just when you're starting to (finally) get some decent support, you have to face Marcus Foster. Lose and fickle fans will be back to full hating." Well, you left something out Curtis. If we win, Weber gets to coach against Nigel Johnson. Friends, you can't make this stuff up.
Sounds like the "force" was strong in the committee room :lol:

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » March 11th, 2018, 8:13 pm

wazucat wrote:
stlcatfan wrote:This is going to be a tough bracket to fill out. Even some of the 12-14 seeds (Marshall, SFA, Buffalo, Bucknell, etc.) could give their opponents a tough game, including some upsets. Should be interesting.
My memory is not what it used to be, perhaps you could remind me of some of the previous years brackets that were easy to fill out.
Ha! True. I guess it just seems like this year's is even tougher than usual. Maybe my memory is not what it used to be, either. :)
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

IStillLikeHarv

Post by IStillLikeHarv » March 11th, 2018, 8:21 pm

Fullypersuaded wrote:Creighton is not a gimme. I've watched them play a few times. Foster will be extra motivated I'm sure.
No problem. Expect Weber to use his patented "six man" defense where he comes out onto the court to help defend against Marcus!

:D

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 11th, 2018, 8:53 pm

pulitzerdave wrote:
RubberBandCat wrote:KU's 16 seed should be more like a 14. Could history happen?
Let's hope so. Look for those Ivy League back-door passes.
I would love to see it happen but don’t think this is the same Penn of past. Nova beat them by 28 and they only beat umkc by 3.