NCAA selections

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
Wildcat69
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NCAA selections

Post by Wildcat69 » March 12th, 2018, 8:42 am

I wish nothing but the worst for Marcus Foster - he single handedly turned this program for the worst right when they were poised to turn the corner. Hopefully he suffers a career ending injury in the game - that would be irony - yeah I’m mad at him i don’t know him personally and could care less - what he did was selfish and damaging to a team and coaching staff that had faith in him
hilltopwildcat wrote:"At any rate, Fitz said, tonight on The Drive, that he thought it was a low blow by the committee because Marcus Foster will have to answer questions all week as to what happened, does he hold any grudges and stuff like that."

I agree. Then the NCAA wonders why the opinion of them is what it is. Of course the media lap dogs will do their thing. I think if I were McDermott, Foster would be off-limits all week.

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » March 12th, 2018, 9:02 am

Wildcat69 wrote:Is Creighton overseeded then? We should and will are vastly different. I don't think we will if we don't have Wade and Brown 100%. I don't think that performance against KU with our backups will be repeated especially after a week when the other team can prepare. My enthusiasm will be tempered until someone says " they are playing"
I've watched creighton about 10 times this year. creighton is a incredibly tough match up. couple of bigs who can shoot outside 3's like Wisco of old. Foster right there with them, plus he's a very good slasher to the basket.

creighton was ranked in top 10 for a portion of the season.

anyone thinking 'this should be a lock' is not firing on all cylinders.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » March 12th, 2018, 9:04 am

Wildcat69 wrote:I wish nothing but the worst for Marcus Foster - he single handedly turned this program for the worst right when they were poised to turn the corner. Hopefully he suffers a career ending injury in the game - that would be irony - yeah I’m mad at him i don’t know him personally and could care less - what he did was selfish and damaging to a team and coaching staff that had faith in him
hilltopwildcat wrote:"At any rate, Fitz said, tonight on The Drive, that he thought it was a low blow by the committee because Marcus Foster will have to answer questions all week as to what happened, does he hold any grudges and stuff like that."

I agree. Then the NCAA wonders why the opinion of them is what it is. Of course the media lap dogs will do their thing. I think if I were McDermott, Foster would be off-limits all week.

Other than the part about him getting hurt, I agree with this. I told my buddy as soon as the matchup was announced, "if there are basketball gods out there, no way should they let that guy win this game. He single-handedly destroyed two seasons of KSU basketball. I want Foster to go 0-20 Friday and get embarrassed.

IStillLikeHarv

Post by IStillLikeHarv » March 12th, 2018, 9:26 am

Fans can have the luxury of making these things personal, but the team has to do the exact opposite. KSU needs to make sure this remains a five-on-five game, which probably favors KSU if everyone is healthy. Don't let this game be all about Foster because he is the type of player who responds to that kind of pressure when his head is on straight, as KSU fans should know.

The plan for KSU should be to neutralize the guard play as much as possible, and then beat Creighton on the inside with Dean and Makol. Creighton is a good team, but they don't have the interior quality or depth of many Big 12 teams. KSU needs to play its game instead of getting into a guard shootout with Creighton in my opinion.

JOKKO

Post by JOKKO » March 12th, 2018, 10:21 am

They don't do these things on purpose. With a 1000 transfers a year, this type of thing is bound to happen. Nobody outside of KSU, Creighton, & the complete die-hards even remember Foster at KSU. It's been 3 years. I've blocked it out because he was such an ass as a sophomore.

If they really did things on purpose, it would have been easier to match KSU up w Missouri which would have had way more National appeal, or better yet, make Mizery KU's 8/9 matchup.

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » March 12th, 2018, 10:22 am

I'm a little bitter about the impact of the 'Foster Fiasco' on the basketball program like some of the others on this board as well.

However, those of you that wish ill upon the young man better not have done anything foolish and selfish when you were in college....

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 12th, 2018, 12:12 pm

JOKKO wrote:They don't do these things on purpose. With a 1000 transfers a year, this type of thing is bound to happen. Nobody outside of KSU, Creighton, & the complete die-hards even remember Foster at KSU. It's been 3 years. I've blocked it out because he was such an ass as a sophomore.

If they really did things on purpose, it would have been easier to match KSU up w Missouri which would have had way more National appeal, or better yet, make Mizery KU's 8/9 matchup.
Don't you think it will be ratcheted up this week however?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 12th, 2018, 12:31 pm

WIldWIllieCat wrote:I'm a little bitter about the impact of the 'Foster Fiasco' on the basketball program like some of the others on this board as well.

However, those of you that wish ill upon the young man better not have done anything foolish and selfish when you were in college....
:agree:
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Watutalkaboutwillis

Pick 'Em

Post by Watutalkaboutwillis » March 12th, 2018, 12:37 pm

Bruce needs to walk out before the game and tell Mr. Foster, sorry to have to end your career but you almost ruined mine. Tell the team "I am coming and Hell is coming with me" ala Tombstone. Maybe even wear boots and cowboy hat.

JOKKO

Post by JOKKO » March 12th, 2018, 12:49 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:
JOKKO wrote:They don't do these things on purpose. With a 1000 transfers a year, this type of thing is bound to happen. Nobody outside of KSU, Creighton, & the complete die-hards even remember Foster at KSU. It's been 3 years. I've blocked it out because he was such an ass as a sophomore.

Don't you think it will be ratcheted up this week however?
Without a doubt...and it should be. It's good to have story-lines.

I just don't think it's intentional.