NCAA selections

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
Sir Ocelot

Re: NCAA selections

Post by Sir Ocelot » March 15th, 2018, 6:03 am

If you read ESPN (not that I recommend doing that) you would think that the tournament is Trae Young and Trae Young is the tournament.

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » March 15th, 2018, 9:43 am

KITNooga wrote:[quote="pulitzerdave"
I'm so glad that Marcus Foster's remarkable transformation from jerk to hero has cloned so many sympathetic and sentimental fans who are willing to forgive and forget - even though it set our basketball program back two years. But hey, as long as we helped make a man out of Marcus Foster, it was worth missing the NCAA Tournament for. Don't ya think? After all, Marcus had to be a jerk somewhere before he matured. Why not at KSU? We gave Marcus a place where he could be a rule breaker and bad influence on other players. That's invaluable to an immature 19-year old who sees the world from the axis of his own ego. After all, weren't we all that way as college sophomores?
looks to me like you are seeing the world from your very own axis of ego[/quote]

I see the world as it actually is. But you ... putting 5 coats of varnish on it doesn't really hide anything.

If you want to kiss Marcus Foster's a$$, then go right ahead. After all, he was a wildcat once. Right?

learnin

Post by learnin » March 15th, 2018, 9:46 am

hilltopwildcat wrote:What happened to Arizona St? Gunners and makers early, looked like they were afraid to shoot the ball against 'cuse.
This is one of the biggest mysteries of the season in my book, hilltop. I saw them completely rip Xavier apart. I saw them hardly miss a shot against our guys. Then, they come to Lawrence and upend the Jayhawks. They started out 12-0, with a pretty good schedule. Once they lost that first game, they lost their swagger, I suppose. It's the only thing I can come up with.

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » March 15th, 2018, 10:02 am

RubberBandCat wrote:
pulitzerdave wrote:Good lord. The guy has admitted his mistakes and said he was in the wrong. He's clearly become a better person since then.
RubberBandCat

So all is forgiven? That's great that Marcus Foster finally grew up. But the point is, he sabotaged our basketball program. It doesn't matter what he's BECOME, it matters what he WAS.

How can we now look at this three years later and say all is forgiven. Has he apologized to KSU coaches and fans? No! And I doubt that he ever will.

To say "let's move on" and absolve poor little Marcus for his sins is unreasonable, considering the impact that his behavior had on our basketball program. There is no doubt that it set us back.

No, Marcus Foster should be held accountable and he should never be forgiven for what he did.

It's BS to excuse it all by blaming immaturity and age. Nineteen year-olds are not children. The choices he made were selfish and reckless. And we paid for it.
He helped cause 1-2 seasons of crappy basketball for my favorite team. He didn't axe murder my family. I'm perfectly fine with forgiving him and not having to resort to wishing a career ending/life altering injury on the guy.
What's with all of this forgiveness stuff. Why is that even necessary? Do you know Marcus Foster? Had him over for dinner? Even had a conversation with him? What is Marcus Foster to you, other than a guy who played two seasons of basketball at Kansas State, and managed to (according to other players) sabotage the program. What the hell difference does it make to any of us if we FORGIVE him or not. That's ludicrous. Does FORGIVING him make you feel whole, or all fuzzy inside? Does it take away the damage that he did to our program? Who freaking cares if he's FORGIVEN. I don't. I just want KSU to kiss his a$$ tomorrow. That's enough for me. Certain people have made this into some kind of spiritual, "come to Jesus" moment where we have to seek "closure". BS!

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » March 15th, 2018, 10:28 am

LoL...nobody's depriving you of your right/choice to be a spiteful donkey, so maybe you stop screaming at everyone now...or not, up to you really.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » March 15th, 2018, 11:03 am

WIldWIllieCat wrote:LoL...nobody's depriving you of your right/choice to be a spiteful donkey, so maybe you stop screaming at everyone now...or not, up to you really.
No joke, yet one of the crew who labels anyone a "hater" if they don't kiss Weber's rear. Very judgmental and angry person indeed.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 15th, 2018, 11:05 am

"I just want KSU to kiss his a$$ tomorrow."

Seriously dave??? :rofl: :rofl:

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » March 15th, 2018, 12:14 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:"I just want KSU to kiss his a$$ tomorrow."

Seriously dave??? :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl:

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 15th, 2018, 12:44 pm

learnin wrote:
hilltopwildcat wrote:What happened to Arizona St? Gunners and makers early, looked like they were afraid to shoot the ball against 'cuse.

This is one of the biggest mysteries of the season
in my book, hilltop. I saw them completely rip Xavier apart. I saw them hardly miss a shot against our guys. Then, they come to Lawrence and upend the Jayhawks. They started out 12-0, with a pretty good schedule. Once they lost that first game, they lost their swagger, I suppose. It's the only thing I can come up with.
no kidding. i wonder if they just gassed out and didn't have the mental toughness to fight their way through it? a lot of those guys are smallish dudes. the physical nature of the game may have just worn them thin. and then they didn't have the fortitude to overcome the mental game.
Why is there something rather than nothing?