NCAA selections

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
learnin

Re: NCAA selections

Post by learnin » March 13th, 2018, 9:39 pm

KITNooga wrote:
Fitz? is that you Fitz?

wow.

let it go like you want the Frank folks to let go of their disdain for Weber.
Like you need to let go of your dislike for Frank.

then perhaps I can let go of my disdain for you.

we SHOULD choose to appreciate the growth Marcus has made as a person AND the touch coaching decision made by Bruce.

Both of these issues deserve respect and appreciation.

the rest is water under the bridge.
I hope Marcus does well with his future endeavors. But, I won't forget the damage he wielded after being given a great gift by Weber and K-State. As I recall, there weren't a lot of p5 schools knocking on his door because they dropped him after he got lazy while still in High School. After giving him a shot, and allowing him to gain national attention, he decided to party and, not only set this program back for several years, he ruined Big Gip and Nino's senior years. Forget the program. I still am saddened by what Gip and Nino had to go through their senior years after having given so much of their time and sweat.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 13th, 2018, 9:44 pm

Piedmontcat wrote:
hilltopwildcat wrote:
Like a lot of bad breakups, nobody won. It hurt K-State basketball - He and Wes were going to be the foundation of a good basketball team for 4 years. We had already signed Dean and Barry before everything broke bad their Soph. year. Foster keeps his head on straight and we are probably looking at our 9th year in a row of making the Big Dance. It hurt Coach Weber - Many were already looking for reasons not to support him and the Marcus debacle surely fed that fire. It hurt Marcus - instead of a the out of nowhere phenom narrative that surrounded him as a Freshman, he become known as the substance abusing malcontent. It hurt the Athletic department - that turmoil meant lost games and lost revenue. It hurt the student & fan experience - hard to get behind a team that is imploding. Its good that everyone seems to have recovered and moved on, but it was a definite no-win for everyone involved.
The thing, which bothers me most, is how it wrecked the senior years of Thomas Gipson and Nino Williams. They deserved to go out with a good season and a tournament appearance. It still sickens me when I think about those two.

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » March 13th, 2018, 11:56 pm

WIldWIllieCat wrote:Couldn't fit your vitriol into one post?

Sad.
No vitriol here Jesus.

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » March 14th, 2018, 6:59 am

Weber is a multimillionaire based on his ability to recruit, mentor, and develop basketball players - many of whom are immature. He isn’t curing cancer. Marcus deserved to be dismissed from the team. His loss had an impact for sure. But listening to grown adults cry about how this kid “ruined” the program or did something “unforgiveable”is sad and pathetic.

I hope like hell we win for the sake of our school and program —- not so a bunch of middle-aged jock wannabes can feel “avenged” for what happened several years ago that had nothing to do with them and no real impact on their daily lives.
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » March 14th, 2018, 7:46 am

We have a team, Creighton has a team. Should be about them instead of stuff from three years ago. I watched a little of the tape on Creighton and like our chances if we guard the three point line and they do not get hot and start making threes out their rear.
And if we do not go 3 for 15 from three.

Sir Ocelot

Post by Sir Ocelot » March 14th, 2018, 8:03 am

I am where Learnin is with one exception.

I hope that Marcus doing well in Marcus' his endeavors does not include the game on Friday. After K-State eliminates Marcus and his team from the tournament, whatever Marcus can accomplish with his many talents is fine with me.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 14th, 2018, 8:06 am

"I hope like hell we win for the sake of our school and program —- not so a bunch of middle-aged jock wannabes can feel “avenged” for what happened several years ago that had nothing to do with them and no real impact on their daily lives."

I ALMOST hope that we win so we don't have mass suicide among some of our posters.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 14th, 2018, 8:29 am

I have no extra motive of revenge in regard to this game. I won't be one iota happier if K-State wins just because Marcus is on the other team. Thomas and Nino's senior year will still have been ruined either way.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 14th, 2018, 8:39 am

NEWS FLASH!! According to local methzou fans and local and national media, the tigs are certain winners. Florida State may as well not even show up.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 14th, 2018, 10:03 am

NealyFan wrote:Weber is a multimillionaire based on his ability to recruit, mentor, and develop basketball players - many of whom are immature. He isn’t curing cancer. Marcus deserved to be dismissed from the team. His loss had an impact for sure. But listening to grown adults cry about how this kid “ruined” the program or did something “unforgiveable”is sad and pathetic.

I hope like hell we win for the sake of our school and program —- not so a bunch of middle-aged jock wannabes can feel “avenged” for what happened several years ago that had nothing to do with them and no real impact on their daily lives.
:agree:
Why is there something rather than nothing?