NCAA selections

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
learnin

Re: NCAA selections

Post by learnin » March 14th, 2018, 12:01 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:NEWS FLASH!! According to local methzou fans and local and national media, the tigs are certain winners. Florida State may as well not even show up.
Man, they've really gotten a lot of swagger over this year. I'm beginning to think the SEC is not as good as it was touted. After all, Georgia was in the championship game against Kentucky. I still can't believe Barnes coached Tennessee to that good of a seed. I know that they got one more victory in the SEC / Big XII challenge, finally after several years, but just barely.

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » March 14th, 2018, 3:55 pm

NealyFan wrote:Weber is a multimillionaire based on his ability to recruit, mentor, and develop basketball players - many of whom are immature. He isn’t curing cancer. Marcus deserved to be dismissed from the team. His loss had an impact for sure. But listening to grown adults cry about how this kid “ruined” the program or did something “unforgiveable”is sad and pathetic.

I hope like hell we win for the sake of our school and program —- not so a bunch of middle-aged jock wannabes can feel “avenged” for what happened several years ago that had nothing to do with them and no real impact on their daily lives.
God, you'd think that the world revolves around this little forum and the handful of people who post here. Throwing around words like "avenged" and "jock wannabes" is such hyperbole. (By the way, I ain't no "jock wannabe" because I've already done it pretty damn well)

I'm so glad that Marcus Foster's remarkable transformation from jerk to hero has cloned so many sympathetic and sentimental fans who are willing to forgive and forget - even though it set our basketball program back two years. But hey, as long as we helped make a man out of Marcus Foster, it was worth missing the NCAA Tournament for. Don't ya think? After all, Marcus had to be a jerk somewhere before he matured. Why not at KSU? We gave Marcus a place where he could be a rule breaker and bad influence on other players. That's invaluable to an immature 19-year old who sees the world from the axis of his own ego. After all, weren't we all that way as college sophomores?

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » March 14th, 2018, 4:17 pm

[quote="pulitzerdave"
I'm so glad that Marcus Foster's remarkable transformation from jerk to hero has cloned so many sympathetic and sentimental fans who are willing to forgive and forget - even though it set our basketball program back two years. But hey, as long as we helped make a man out of Marcus Foster, it was worth missing the NCAA Tournament for. Don't ya think? After all, Marcus had to be a jerk somewhere before he matured. Why not at KSU? We gave Marcus a place where he could be a rule breaker and bad influence on other players. That's invaluable to an immature 19-year old who sees the world from the axis of his own ego. After all, weren't we all that way as college sophomores?[/quote]

looks to me like you are seeing the world from your very own axis of ego
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » March 14th, 2018, 4:21 pm

pulitzerdave wrote:
NealyFan wrote:Weber is a multimillionaire based on his ability to recruit, mentor, and develop basketball players - many of whom are immature. He isn’t curing cancer. Marcus deserved to be dismissed from the team. His loss had an impact for sure. But listening to grown adults cry about how this kid “ruined” the program or did something “unforgiveable”is sad and pathetic.

I hope like hell we win for the sake of our school and program —- not so a bunch of middle-aged jock wannabes can feel “avenged” for what happened several years ago that had nothing to do with them and no real impact on their daily lives.
God, you'd think that the world revolves around this little forum and the handful of people who post here. Throwing around words like "avenged" and "jock wannabes" is such hyperbole. (By the way, I ain't no "jock wannabe" because I've already done it pretty damn well)

I'm so glad that Marcus Foster's remarkable transformation from jerk to hero has cloned so many sympathetic and sentimental fans who are willing to forgive and forget - even though it set our basketball program back two years. But hey, as long as we helped make a man out of Marcus Foster, it was worth missing the NCAA Tournament for. Don't ya think? After all, Marcus had to be a jerk somewhere before he matured. Why not at KSU? We gave Marcus a place where he could be a rule breaker and bad influence on other players. That's invaluable to an immature 19-year old who sees the world from the axis of his own ego. After all, weren't we all that way as college sophomores?
Marcus deserves the blame as much or more than anybody. But the coaching staff did a poor job handling him and the issues within the team, as well. Not trying to turn this into a Foster vs Weber thing.. only saying, the blame should be placed all the way around, starting at Marcus. The amount of divisiveness that was in that locker room should never have been allowed to happen, regardless of "1 bad apple".

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 14th, 2018, 4:43 pm

According to my sources, Weber was aware of the problem with Marcus long before his trip to whatever NBA thing he did. So he had a spark and threw gasoline, Harris', Nigel, Jevon in with it.

RubberBandCat

Pick 'Em

Post by RubberBandCat » March 14th, 2018, 5:02 pm

pulitzerdave wrote:Good lord. The guy has admitted his mistakes and said he was in the wrong. He's clearly become a better person since then.
RubberBandCat

So all is forgiven? That's great that Marcus Foster finally grew up. But the point is, he sabotaged our basketball program. It doesn't matter what he's BECOME, it matters what he WAS.

How can we now look at this three years later and say all is forgiven. Has he apologized to KSU coaches and fans? No! And I doubt that he ever will.

To say "let's move on" and absolve poor little Marcus for his sins is unreasonable, considering the impact that his behavior had on our basketball program. There is no doubt that it set us back.

No, Marcus Foster should be held accountable and he should never be forgiven for what he did.

It's BS to excuse it all by blaming immaturity and age. Nineteen year-olds are not children. The choices he made were selfish and reckless. And we paid for it.
He helped cause 1-2 seasons of crappy basketball for my favorite team. He didn't axe murder my family. I'm perfectly fine with forgiving him and not having to resort to wishing a career ending/life altering injury on the guy.

IStillLikeHarv

Post by IStillLikeHarv » March 14th, 2018, 5:48 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:According to my sources, Weber was aware of the problem with Marcus long before his trip to whatever NBA thing he did. So he had a spark and threw gasoline, Harris', Nigel, Jevon in with it.
I have seen a number of "versions" of what happened, but I give the most credence to the statements by Gip and Nino. They had by far the best "ringside seats" for what went on, and they seemed rather clear about blaming Marcus. They even made comments about how poorly he treated the coaches who tried to help him, IIRC.

One of the KSU writers put out an article once the whole thing broke down where he recounted his experience interviewing Marcus after Marcus returned from the Lebron camp. The writer expressed great surprise at how much Marcus' personality had changed, and not in a good way. Knowing what we know now about how far agents will go to sink their hooks into valuable properties, and Marcus was that at the time, the behavioral change (a common sign of drug use) on such a dramatic level suggests to me that some agent or handler was able to latch on to Marcus by supplying him with drugs, and it all went downhill from there. Just a theory, of course, but it does fit the publicly reported facts fairly well. Who knows.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 14th, 2018, 8:53 pm

Weber is the captain of the ship. Somebody might find themselves thrown overboard.

I was told that Marcus quickly became one of the biggest weed dealers in Manhattan. Take it for what it's worth, I did.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 14th, 2018, 10:23 pm

What happened to Arizona St? Gunners and makers early, looked like they were afraid to shoot the ball against 'cuse.

Piedmontcat

Post by Piedmontcat » March 14th, 2018, 11:29 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:What happened to Arizona St? Gunners and makers early, looked like they were afraid to shoot the ball against 'cuse.
They looked nothing like the team we saw.