Congrats Hawkers

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
RubberBandCat

Pick 'Em

Re: Congrats Hawkers

Post by RubberBandCat » March 10th, 2018, 8:50 pm

Self's basically turned them into a more talented Hoiberg Iowa State team. Live and die by the three, and they couldn't miss the last few days. We'll see what happens in the tournament.

kinsleycat
Has thanked: 0

Post by kinsleycat » March 10th, 2018, 9:01 pm

I hope the FBI takes care of them and a bunch of other unscrupulous schools this summer.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 10th, 2018, 9:26 pm

kinsleycat wrote:I hope the FBI takes care of them and a bunch of other unscrupulous schools this summer.
:agree: :agree: :agree:
Why is there something rather than nothing?

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 10th, 2018, 9:27 pm

WildcatEngineer wrote:I wish I could point to A reason for Hawker conference success.

We really need to beat them next year.
Its simple. Best paid coach and best paid players. Possibly also the best paid police force and refs.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 10th, 2018, 9:40 pm

The Big 12 is a fake P5 conference. Only one school that truly puts everything they have into being the best program they can, and the everything very likely means breaking rules.

The rest the schools do just enough to give the appearance they care, by just being competitive.

Maybe Jamie Dixon and Chris Beard will change that, but reality is, Dixon only had two 1st place finishes in his 13 years at Pitt and those were in the Biig East. Once they moved to the ACC the best he did was 5th. And the best he’s done in the NCAA tournament is an elite 8 and a sweet 16. So he’s not all that. Beard is just getting his shot.

In reality KU would be better served being in the ACC and the Big12 and be better off with Clemson, FSU or Va Tech.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 10th, 2018, 9:53 pm

bhoovy wrote:The Big 12 is a fake P5 conference. Only one school that truly puts everything they have into being the best program they can, and the everything very likely means breaking rules.

The rest the schools do just enough to give the appearance they care, by just being competitive.

Maybe Jamie Dixon and Chris Beard will change that, but reality is, Dixon only had two 1st place finishes in his 13 years at Pitt and those were in the Biig East. Once they moved to the ACC the best he did was 5th. And the best he’s done in the NCAA tournament is an elite 8 and a sweet 16. So he’s not all that. Beard is just getting his shot.

In reality KU would be better served being in the ACC and the Big12 and be better off with Clemson, FSU or Va Tech.

This is BS.

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » March 10th, 2018, 9:58 pm

To change the subject just a little what if this foul had occurred in the KU game? You think Graham’s foul was this bad? This happened last night in 1A Kansas boys semifinal game.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hoopshype/st ... 7654682624

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 10th, 2018, 10:41 pm

katlander wrote:
bhoovy wrote:The Big 12 is a fake P5 conference. Only one school that truly puts everything they have into being the best program they can, and the everything very likely means breaking rules.

This is BS.
Is it? Tell me what other team dominates their conference? ACC? Nope. Virginia, UNC, Duke, Maryland and even Miami have won during the last 14 years. So the Big 10? Nope. Wisconsin, Ohio St, Michigan St, Michigan, Indiana and even Illinois. The Pac 12? Nope. UCLA, Oregon, Arizona, Washington, Cal and Stanford. We’ll certainly the SEC with Kentucky? Nope. Kentucky, Florida, LSU, Tennessee, Miss St, A&M and now Auburn. Oh that’s right, it’s Gonzaga in the mighty WCC. I mean that’s a power basketball conference.

You can say that’s what makes it more miraculous, and indeed it does have a miraculous quality to it. But it’s just as much an indictment of the rest the league. It’s hard to say ku is just flat been a dominant team when their post season resume doesn’t show anything close to the dominance they’ve had on the league. Not like when UCLA ran their streak but also won all the national titles. That was proving that your dominance was not just a product of your conference.

It’s doesn’t mean ku hasn’t been awfully good, as they certainly have, but again you really can’t argue it’s an indictment on the rest the league just not being up to snuff like in other conferences.

You don’t have to agree but it’s hard to argue.

PurpleCatbacker

Post by PurpleCatbacker » March 10th, 2018, 11:01 pm

Wouldn't that mean that KU would have to play against Roy? ?
I would watch that game!! :lol:

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 10th, 2018, 11:24 pm

I think the other schools are trying. I don't think Bob Huggins or most of the other coaches would stick around if they didn't believe it as well. And I think they know. What KU has done is amazing but it is a huge advantage when you cheat and continually have superior talent. Throw in a very good coach and some favorable calls in close games and it starts to make more sense. Not cheating and not trying are 2 very different things.

puffdad. That kid should have been booted and not allowed to play in the tournament the remainder of this year. Looked like a temper outburst that can't be tolerated. Really dangerous. Hopefully the victim was OK.