Frank "Rabid Dog" Martin fined $25K by the SEC

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
Sir Ocelot

Re: Frank "Rabid Dog" Martin fined $25K by the SEC

Post by Sir Ocelot » February 15th, 2018, 5:47 pm

Frank can dish it out to his players but he can't take it from his peers/bosses.

He is a bully. Nothing more or less.

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » February 16th, 2018, 7:46 am

learnin wrote: When Frank backhanded Chris, the Missouri fans booed. Do you suppose Currie had justification for not liking that?
When you sensationalize something you massively undermine your own point. It was literally a slap on the wrist, albeit a very demonstrative one.
Don't get me wrong, it shouldn't have been done; merely pointing out the damage you do to your credibility with statements like these.

There were other Frank Martin antics/episodes that I found far more troubling than this:

VIDEO - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZMToQ6a7Sk

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 16th, 2018, 12:47 pm

agree that was a non-sequitur. nice video find though. :clap:
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

learnin

Post by learnin » February 16th, 2018, 2:21 pm

WIldWIllieCat wrote:
learnin wrote: When Frank backhanded Chris, the Missouri fans booed. Do you suppose Currie had justification for not liking that?
When you sensationalize something you massively undermine your own point. It was literally a slap on the wrist, albeit a very demonstrative one.
Don't get me wrong, it shouldn't have been done; merely pointing out the damage you do to your credibility with statements like these.

There were other Frank Martin antics/episodes that I found far more troubling than this:

Sorry. This video doesn't show the initial back hand. This video begins right after the back hand. Take a good look at the beginning of this video. The slap, I'm talking about, happened right before Chris steps backward. I saw it from a different angle. Martin slapped Chris on the shoulder or upper chest, I can't remember which now, and Chris stepped back and looked at Frank like, "be careful, man." Also, take a look at Jake and Denis. They weren't very comfortable with the backhand either. I'm going to look at some more videos and post the one that shows the slap to the shoulder or chest.

learnin

Post by learnin » February 16th, 2018, 2:26 pm

tmcats wrote:agree that was a non-sequitur. nice video find though. :clap:

That video does not show the slap that made Missouri fans boo.

learnin

Post by learnin » February 16th, 2018, 2:30 pm

I believe the real video of the slap to the chest has been taken down. Now, all posters please look at that video again. Watch Denis Clemente come over and tell Frank to cool it....he came over and his face expression was like: "What the hell is going on?" The different angle shows just how badly Frank stepped over the line that day.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 16th, 2018, 2:55 pm

i watched a couple of the videos that followed and said to myself, 'my god, am i glad that azzhole is gone. what a flippin' jerk.'
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

learnin

Post by learnin » February 16th, 2018, 7:42 pm

WIldWIllieCat wrote:

The backhand slap of Chris happens at the 9 second mark of this video. From this view, you are blocked by Chris's body. When it happened, the camera was filming from behind Jake Pullen and you could see the slap to Chris's chest or upper arm very clearly and you could hear immediate boos from the Missouri fans. You could, also, see Chris step back and look at Frank as if I'm thinking about punching you. Why the slap? Because a ball player made a bad pass. Not because he was laughing at a team mate missing a shot; or not because he was reading a book on the bench; not because he was talking with his fiancé as instructions were being given. No. He was slapped because he turned the ball over. It's something that everyone does, even the best of players.

wazucat

Post by wazucat » February 16th, 2018, 11:39 pm

tmcats wrote:i watched a couple of the videos that followed and said to myself, 'my god, am i glad that azzhole is gone. what a flippin' jerk.'

Congratulations, :rofl: