2024 Paradise Jam

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
bhoovy

Pick 'Em

2024 Paradise Jam

Post by bhoovy » April 17th, 2024, 3:59 pm

The Paradise Jam has officially confirmed UAB, Kansas State, McNeese, Liberty, George Washington, Illinois State, and two more teams TBD will participate in the 2024 Event

Depending on who the other two are it’s certainly not a sexy tournament and one the Cats better win, again without knowing who the last two participants.
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post (total 2):
Kralicekstlcatfan

bigdeal

Post by bigdeal » April 18th, 2024, 5:07 pm

That tourney kind of feels like home to Coach, I would guess, and is a cool trip for the kids, but I have never cared for it. It seems like the competition and visibility are usually mediocre and poor, respectively.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » April 18th, 2024, 7:09 pm

Maybe our coaches want an early tourney we can win.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post:
randallcat85

PurpleClaw
Has thanked: 0

Post by PurpleClaw » April 19th, 2024, 10:37 am

I went to the Paradise Jam Tournament the last time K-State was there (Dean Wade, Barry Brown and Kamau Stokes). I was also at the tournament in the Bahamas last November. I prefer St. Thomas over the Bahamas for a vacation spot. It is warmer in St. Thomas so all water activities were more enjoyable. We stayed in a small hotel that was close to the airport and the games. Two of the participating teams were in our hotel, just not the Cats. An open-air bus picked us up at the hotel to take us to the games and return to the hotel. If you go, make time to visit Water Island. It is a short ferry ride and well-worth the trip. It has the prettiest white sandy beach, a great little beach-side restaurant and we rented a mule (vehicle) to drive all over the island. Go sailing on a catamaran. We had the best sailing weather that day. And we won the tournament. It was one of the best times I have had on a vacation. It would be great to go again this year, but already have plans in November. Don't worry about whether or not it is one of the premier tournaments. Support the Cats and enjoy a great vacation.
These users thanked the author PurpleClaw for the post (total 3):
tmcatsstlcatfanSection 12-2

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » April 19th, 2024, 10:47 am

Coach said on the 3Maw pod that playing 20 games in the league means you don't have to play as many high major non con games. No reason to with the Big 12 giving you 20 games in league play. If we still have the deals with the SEC and the Big East, that is 22 high major games. Now, if you play in a lesser tournament, you better win it and you better boat-race some people because squeaking by lesser teams hurts your NET rating, which cost us huge this year.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 19th, 2024, 10:59 am

Gorhoops wrote:
April 19th, 2024, 10:47 am
Coach said on the 3Maw pod that playing 20 games in the league means you don't have to play as many high major non con games. No reason to with the Big 12 giving you 20 games in league play. If we still have the deals with the SEC and the Big East, that is 22 high major games. Now, if you play in a lesser tournament, you better win it and you better boat-race some people because squeaking by lesser teams hurts your NET rating, which cost us huge this year.
that's certainly different than ku's strategy which includes games with duke, michigan state, north carolina, and likely uconn in the big east challenge. cats getting embarrassed early by a bad usc team this past season probably corrupted the ego state. ha. but i thought the lsu, providence, and villinova games were great wins and fun.
Why is there something rather than nothing?