Arkansas

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Re: Arkansas

Post by ToledoCat#3 » April 8th, 2024, 9:38 am

Calipari and Arky a perfect match. Filthy recruiting and filthy $$$ behind it.
These users thanked the author ToledoCat#3 for the post (total 2):
bhoovystlcatfan

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » April 8th, 2024, 10:25 am

stlcatfan wrote:
April 7th, 2024, 11:06 pm
bhoovy wrote:
April 7th, 2024, 8:46 pm

He wasn’t going anywhere.
I hope not, but he did talk to Arkansas officials about the job, correct?
Yes he did but from things I heard it was more at the request of his agent. It seems it was just of an excise of going through the motions and making sure you understand the environment and where you stand with your employer. But didn’t sound as though he was really ever interested in taking the job.
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post:
stlcatfan

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 8th, 2024, 12:14 pm

this is the best X post i've read during this whole affair. if kstatriot or ks8riot is here, kudos, man!

Kstatriot: Final comment on today's Twitter drama. Its always the same 3 assholes whipping everyone up. Talking shit and giving in before halftime of games, pissing off our coach's family and making us look bad airing family business. Block them and stop listening to their stupid shit.
6:51 PM · Apr 6, 2024
from Topeka, KS·
Views
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Catalum

Post by Catalum » April 8th, 2024, 2:36 pm

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
April 8th, 2024, 9:38 am
Calipari and Arky a perfect match. Filthy recruiting and filthy $$$ behind it.
Exactly right. Rehiring Petrino as football OC and now the snake Calipari.

Five years for roughly $40 million https://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=765746.0

Because my safety, my freedom, and my rights are non-negotiable.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » April 8th, 2024, 4:31 pm

When will it end?

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » April 8th, 2024, 5:42 pm

katlander wrote:
April 8th, 2024, 4:31 pm
When will it end?
Kat, one possible ending is when non-revenue sports are stripped or terminated, especially women's sports. The backlash might cause congressional action.

I know this sounds horrible, but if I were the KSU AD I very well might give 1/2 scholarships to Kansas girls for the Tennis and Golf teams. Then have them compete only against schools where they bus to and from.

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » April 8th, 2024, 5:56 pm

WildcatEngineer wrote:
April 8th, 2024, 5:42 pm
katlander wrote:
When will it end?
Kat, one possible ending is when non-revenue sports are stripped or terminated, especially women's sports. The backlash might cause congressional action.

I know this sounds horrible, but if I were the KSU AD I very well might give 1/2 scholarships to Kansas girls for the Tennis and Golf teams. Then have them compete only against schools where they bus to and from.
They can't cancel any women's sports cause of Title IX. If they offer 85 scholies for football & 15 for basketball, they have to offer the same # of scholies to one of the women's programs.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » April 8th, 2024, 7:36 pm

WildcatEngineer wrote:
katlander wrote:
When will it end?

The problem comes in for conference travel, where teams will have to travel to Texas, Arizona, Utah, Florida, Ohio, and West Virginia.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » April 8th, 2024, 8:20 pm

WildcatEngineer wrote:
katlander wrote:
When will it end?

Does women’s tennis and golf, or for that matter, men’s tennis or golf get full scholarships? I believe most baseball players only get a half scholarships. I played some summer softball with a few former shocker baseball players and they told me it was very rare for a player to get more than half a scholarship. Some even just got a quarter. Maybe a few of the really high profile players who were looking to be pretty high draft choices out of high school, but decided to go play college first might get a full.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » April 8th, 2024, 8:31 pm

I think what we are forgetting here is that the old rules do not apply. It is a whole new world.

Maybe we should go after the best baseball players with full schollies and NIL. Use their BS against them.

Women's volleyball would be another place to try to dominate. Let's get a 7 foot trans volleyballer who could also play basketball. That oughta shake things up.

Hasten the inevitable and reveal how ridiculous this new world of collegiate athletics truly is.

And if we are going to apply all of the social justice laws to what was amateur athletics then how can they not let older players play?

After a ten year pro career in Europe why can't the best Swedish player of recent history become a Cat?

Our coaches need to think out of the box! This is the wild wild west.