wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Re: Arkansas

Post by wild@nite » April 8th, 2024, 9:58 pm

bhoovy wrote:
April 8th, 2024, 8:20 pm
WildcatEngineer wrote:
April 8th, 2024, 5:42 pm

Kat, one possible ending is when non-revenue sports are stripped or terminated, especially women's sports. The backlash might cause congressional action.

I know this sounds horrible, but if I were the KSU AD I very well might give 1/2 scholarships to Kansas girls for the Tennis and Golf teams. Then have them compete only against schools where they bus to and from.
Does women’s tennis and golf, or for that matter, men’s tennis or golf get full scholarships? I believe most baseball players only get a half scholarships. I played some summer softball with a few former shocker baseball players and they told me it was very rare for a player to get more than half a scholarship. Some even just got a quarter. Maybe a few of the really high profile players who were looking to be pretty high draft choices out of high school, but decided to go play college first might get a full.
Baseball gets like 12 scholarships for the entire team. They are divided as coaches see fit. I'm betting a 1/3 of college players get no scholarship $.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » April 10th, 2024, 10:32 am

Many ponder why Calipari could not get further in the NCAA Tournament when he had such talented players. I would like to offer he did not have talented coaches. Calipari's coaching tree is awful, putrid in fact.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » April 10th, 2024, 10:44 am

I really think Cal may give the Hog logo a run for the worst looking and mean thing in Arkansas.
Will Calipari live in Arkansas?
The other day Cal was out pushing his dog in baby carriage and said he was walking it. I can see him out pushing a piglet.
Him yelling soo pig will be entertaining; give him moonshine

Catalum

Post by Catalum » April 10th, 2024, 1:32 pm

"Sources also indicated Calipari will have a significant NIL coffer — between $5 million and $6 million per year — at his disposal for recruiting at Arkansas."

I wonder how this compares to what he has at UK or other places for that matter?

https://hogville.net/pig-trail-nation/i ... asketball/

Because my safety, my freedom, and my rights are non-negotiable.

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » April 10th, 2024, 5:56 pm