Arkansas

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
Snyder

Arkansas

Post by Snyder » April 3rd, 2024, 10:08 am

I just got home from Fayetteville last night. Lots of chatter among the crew I know there that if Musselman takes the USC job (The guy is like Larry Brown in his job movement) that Tang is on the Arkansas radar. The other names that came up are ethically and legally challenged guys that Arkansas would run a risk in hiring. Besides Tang, Chris Beard and Will Wade are the names.

Snyder

Post by Snyder » April 3rd, 2024, 1:29 pm

hoping Duggy Dug means Coach Tang is staying
These users thanked the author Snyder for the post:
stlcatfan

bigdeal

Post by bigdeal » April 3rd, 2024, 2:28 pm

Arkansas may throw a bag at Tang but I think the bigger concern would be the NIL they might give him to throw around. I am hopeful the signing of McDaniel this early in the portal indicates we have stepped up our NIL game. If we can compete on that, I don't think Tang will be going anywhere.
These users thanked the author bigdeal for the post (total 2):
Snyderstlcatfan

Catalum

Post by Catalum » April 4th, 2024, 12:18 pm

I live in Northwest Arkansas. I'm not a "Hog expert", but I've lived here since graduating from KSU in '90. UofA might throw some $$ at Coach Tang, but I don't see him leaving K-State for UofA. I'll try to stay away from politics here, but I don't see this place being a fit for him.

Arkansas might be in the "bible-belt", but Fayetteville is like Austin, TX or Lawrence, KS.......liberal cities in a mostly conservative state. Knowing the type of person Coach Tang is (which I love), I just don't see the fit.
These users thanked the author Catalum for the post:
stlcatfan

Because my safety, my freedom, and my rights are non-negotiable.

bigdeal

Post by bigdeal » April 4th, 2024, 1:12 pm

Thanks for the insight, Catalum!

Catalum

Post by Catalum » April 4th, 2024, 1:24 pm

There are a few threads on this forum https://forums.hogville.net/index.php?P ... board=71.0 that mention Coach Tang. One is titled "Time to look for a new coach".
These users thanked the author Catalum for the post:
stlcatfan

Because my safety, my freedom, and my rights are non-negotiable.

Snyder

Post by Snyder » April 4th, 2024, 8:28 pm

Looks like they are locked in on Beard. He like Musselman is a job hopper and has had big time issues. He can hang with Bobby Petrino! As long as they stay away from Coach Tang, I could care less who they hire.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » April 4th, 2024, 8:43 pm

Snyder wrote:
April 4th, 2024, 8:28 pm
Looks like they are locked in on Beard. He like Musselman is a job hopper and has had big time issues. He can hang with Bobby Petrino! As long as they stay away from Coach Tang, I could care less who they hire.
I was just lurking over on the Arkansas 247 site. I don't have premium access, but the title of a recent thread was, "Beard signed extension at Ole Miss." So, if true, that makes things more interesting (and not in a good way).
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

Snyder

Post by Snyder » April 4th, 2024, 8:58 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
April 4th, 2024, 8:43 pm
Snyder wrote:
April 4th, 2024, 8:28 pm
I was just lurking over on the Arkansas 247 site. I don't have premium access, but the title of a recent thread was, "Beard signed extension at Ole Miss." So, if true, that makes things more interesting (and not in a good way).
Beard strikes me as a guy who thinks he can wiggle out of any situation. You bring up a great point. A lot of people complain about the loyalty of players that leave but usually don't bat an eye when a coach walks away from the kids he recruited. I need to check out the 247 board, might be good for some laughs. Most comical I saw was on Hogville when Arky fans were talking coaches and a guy says, "Jay Wright would be a good choice,, but he's too old, we can do better" LOL LOL LOL
These users thanked the author Snyder for the post:
stlcatfan

catalyst

Post by catalyst » April 4th, 2024, 9:08 pm

I can surely understand why so many fan boards - and perhaps even ADs - seem to be interested in Coach Tang. And why not? He's an excellent coach, with both a terrific track record and a great rapport on campus, and who knows how to recruit. Having said that, I doubt that he's looking to leave for (prospective) "greener pastures". I think he's committed to K-State for the long haul.
These users thanked the author catalyst for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanSnyder