Portal 2024

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: Portal 2024

Post by tmcats » April 30th, 2024, 6:56 pm

i saw nothing from kaluma suggesting he'd be drafted based on last year's performance.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
randallcat85
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

Snyder

Post by Snyder » April 30th, 2024, 8:59 pm

Talking with a client today who is an Illinois fan but not enamored with Underwood. Word he has gotten Self highly encouraged Underwood to go after Dai Dai as a means of hurting us, enhancing KU and his buddy Brad. Are we now at a point where coaches are double teaming guys they don't like to get a player off a roster to hurt that team. Self and Brad evidently are buds.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » April 30th, 2024, 9:03 pm

Snyder wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 8:59 pm
Talking with a client today who is an Illinois fan but not enamored with Underwood. Word he has gotten Self highly encouraged Underwood to go after Dai Dai as a means of hurting us, enhancing KU and his buddy Brad. Are we now at a point where coaches are double teaming guys they don't like to get a player off a roster to hurt that team. Self and Brad evidently are buds.
Sad, but not surprising, if true.
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post:
Snyder
"The whole future lies in uncertainty: live immediately.” -- Seneca

Snyder

Post by Snyder » April 30th, 2024, 9:07 pm

I think some coaches who have always been dirty find the NIL a bit of an equalizer, thus they (Self) now take on the role of street agent to hurt other programs and help them gain an edge. The B12 has a couple of really good (Sampson, Self) but highly unethical coaches in the ranks.
These users thanked the author Snyder for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » April 30th, 2024, 9:21 pm

Snyder wrote:
Very sad if true. Find it a bit puzzling he would to something to intentionally try to hurt his alma mater and even more so from the encouragement of the big rival. I’m pretty sure Brad was quite disappointed that he wasn’t offered the job after Frank parted ways, but I would hope he’d have understood it was more about who was in charge back then, then the KSU family not wanting him. And the fact Gene then tried after parting ways with Weber with even coming up with big number needed for the buyout and salary, it’s just really disappointing and would scream how small of a person he is, again if true.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » April 30th, 2024, 9:36 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 6:34 pm
https://x.com/TransferPortal_/status/17 ... 1157004722
Joe Tipton is reporting Arthur Kaluma has entered his name in the portal to keep options open. Hopefully, he would give us another look if he decides to return and we have a scholarships available.

Doesn't sound like he is whole hog or bust* for the NBA.

*means someone is all in for something, and is pursuing it to an end no matter what, even if they fail trying.
My thought is that if he’s entering the portal we’re not likely a landing spot. I’m not sure if he’s hearing what he’d like to from the NBA, so since he’s not seeing that as being a very profitable decision for next season he’s hoping some one will offer him some big NIL. Kamula is a very nice player, but I’m not so sure the staff sees him as a big NIL recipient. Just my two cents.
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post:
randallcat85

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » April 30th, 2024, 10:17 pm

Snyder wrote:
That tells me Self is scared of Tang and what he is doing for our program. I like Underwood. And Dai Dai decided to look around after all the other guards we brought in. Had we not gotten as many as we did, I suspect he stays put. I put DD leaving on us, not Underwood. As for coaches being buds, most people would be shocked to know that lots of coaches are close. Hell my HS basketball coach back in the day would tell our near by rival what we were going to do in our up coming games against them (and they still couldn't stop it, lol).

Back on point, Self is scared of Tang and what he's capable of. Heck, the fact that Tang is telling our crowds not to rush the court after KU wins because its an expectation to win, not a rare exception probably scares Self the most (that and he knows everyone can pay to get the best players now and his advantage in that area is gone).
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post:
randallcat85
EMAW

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » April 30th, 2024, 10:20 pm

bhoovy wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 9:36 pm
SCKSCat wrote:
Joe Tipton is reporting Arthur Kaluma has entered his name in the portal to keep options open. Hopefully, he would give us another look if he decides to return and we have a scholarships available.

*means someone is all in for something, and is pursuing it to an end no matter what, even if they fail trying.
My thought is that if he’s entering the portal we’re not likely a landing spot. I’m not sure if he’s hearing what he’d like to from the NBA, so since he’s not seeing that as being a very profitable decision for next season he’s hoping some one will offer him some big NIL. Kamula is a very nice player, but I’m not so sure the staff sees him as a big NIL recipient. Just my two cents.
Nice college player but I just didn't see him making it in the NBA, and he's likely realizing that now. Now he's hoping for more NIL money, which I don't see either. These kids need to stop listening to agents and handlers. 1) Get an education for free 2) Play the game you love at the same time 3) See where it goes from there. I know, that's so 1995....
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post:
stlcatfan
EMAW

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » April 30th, 2024, 10:26 pm

bhoovy wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 9:36 pm
SCKSCat wrote:

In a recent 3MAW podcast with Coach Tang, Tang said that he expected Kaluma not to make a final decision about going to the NBA or returning to College ball. Tang said Arthur would be welcome back. A return would hinge on if we have an opening and whether he would fit into the lineup of new players, neither of these two things is for certain. So he would be a moron not keeping his option fully open.

I have been assuming that he is gone,. but would be excited about him returning, especially if Baba Miller goes somewhere else.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
stlcatfan

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 30th, 2024, 10:42 pm

This all sounds like a load of BS to me. Not that I think Self isn't a POS, but you really think Brad recruits based on what Self tells him to do? Underwood recruited him heavily when we snagged him out of Chicago, so he clearly knows the kid well. C'mon... LOL...
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post (total 2):
pharaohcatSCKSCat