Portal 2024

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
SCKSCat

Re: Portal 2024

Post by SCKSCat » May 1st, 2024, 1:32 am

wild@nite wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 10:42 pm
This all sounds like a load of BS to me. Not that I think Self isn't a POS, but you really think Brad recruits based on what Self tells him to do? Underwood recruited him heavily when we snagged him out of Chicago, so he clearly knows the kid well. C'mon... LOL...
Kids jumping into the portal remember how they were treated during their initial recruiting and give their original recruiters who treated them well a second chance.
I would imagine that Ames' Agent, Mr. Loot, had a big hand in seeing the change.
A lot of the HS recruits sign initial NIL deals that don't give agents a %. So stirring the pot is lucrative for a NIL agent.
I am sure that folks in Colorado are saying we poached Dylan Edwards, but he returned to the place where he was treated well. I am glad we didn't act like a holes when he jumped to another program last year.

Maybe Patrick Ngongba might come to Kansas State someday after getting a belly full of Duke-a-Lax.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » May 1st, 2024, 1:41 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... r-AA1nX9Kf

A 6-foot-7 forward, Kaluma had the best season of his career in 2023-24 under Jerome Tang. He averaged 14.4 points, 7.0 rebounds and 2.0 assists, shooting 34.5% from 3-point range - career-highs across the board.

Kaluma had already declared for the NBA draft and he will continue to go through the draft process, sources said, but is open to collegiate options as well.

He has not totally ruled out returning.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 1st, 2024, 10:51 am

wild@nite wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 10:42 pm
This all sounds like a load of BS to me. Not that I think Self isn't a POS, but you really think Brad recruits based on what Self tells him to do? Underwood recruited him heavily when we snagged him out of Chicago, so he clearly knows the kid well. C'mon... LOL...
yes, this sounds like another 'it's patterson' moment or 'tang, klieman, and taylor are all leaving.' so much bullshiz on the internet. i talked to a friend of my son's wife who told me she knows a buddy of tang's sister in texas who told her tang was moving to butler community college because klieman's salary is below liepold's which was approved by linton and we all know about linton. such nonsense.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
randallcat85
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » May 1st, 2024, 3:53 pm

Everyone else of note are landing notable players, and K State landing nothing.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
randallcat85

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » May 1st, 2024, 4:25 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
May 1st, 2024, 3:53 pm
Huh??? What are McDaniel, Jones, Hausen and Fall??
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post (total 5):
stlcatfankstueveAlabamaLanerandallcat85spot2180

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » May 1st, 2024, 5:55 pm

bhoovy wrote:
May 1st, 2024, 4:25 pm
SCKSCat wrote:
May 1st, 2024, 3:53 pm
Huh??? What are McDaniel, Jones, Hausen and Fall??
And we need 6 more people for a full slate of players.
I want dudes not players
Rich, Manning and N'Guessan are the only returning players.
And we are iffy on 3 of the targets we want

bigdeal

Post by bigdeal » May 1st, 2024, 6:30 pm

McDaniel is a dude. Jones is a good player and a potential dude. Hausen is, at worst, an excellent shooter and could turn in to a very good overall player. Fall was nearly a five star player last year and a top 30 recruit. He has very high potential and we would have been over the moon to land him last year. I know we need some more dudes but we are in pursuit of players that may be dudes. We are iffy but you have to generally be iffy before you get a yes. Keep some good thoughts.
These users thanked the author bigdeal for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » May 1st, 2024, 6:45 pm

bigdeal wrote:
May 1st, 2024, 6:30 pm
McDaniel is a dude. Jones is a good player and a potential dude. Hausen is, at worst, an excellent shooter and could turn in to a very good overall player. Fall was nearly a five star player last year and a top 30 recruit. He has very high potential and we would have been over the moon to land him last year. I know we need some more dudes but we are in pursuit of players that may be dudes. We are iffy but you have to generally be iffy before you get a yes. Keep some good thoughts.
Off to a good start...... but

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 1st, 2024, 6:55 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
May 1st, 2024, 6:45 pm
bigdeal wrote:
May 1st, 2024, 6:30 pm
Off to a good start...... but
maybe you should spend more time with football?
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 2):
SCKSCatrandallcat85
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

INTERSTATEDAD

Post by INTERSTATEDAD » May 1st, 2024, 10:26 pm

I would take solid, fundamental basketball players sprinkled with dudes. Look at Kenrltucky last few years- all dudes , no glue equals plain oatmeal.
These users thanked the author INTERSTATEDAD for the post (total 3):
stlcatfanspot2180randallcat85