Iowa State @ Hilton

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
stlcatfan

Re: Iowa State @ Hilton

Post by stlcatfan » January 27th, 2024, 9:44 am

If there is something going on there, I'm glad it's being called out. You know that other schools' coaches will now be on guard for it.
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post:
pharaohcat
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

sf2145

Post by sf2145 » January 27th, 2024, 8:14 pm

It is obviously difficult to trust a coach and his program that appears to coach his players to flop on any touch

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 28th, 2024, 11:09 am

the media is blowing this up and iowa state's coach and a.d. have thrown gas on their own fire. after saying it was a matter between the coaches, isu's coach went complete drama queen yesterday in his ku post game comments as did their athletic director. i'm not sure where this is headed. but coach tang said nothing negative about isu, nor did gene taylor. this is all media driven b.s. including our own midgets led by ku kellis. it's sad.

According to a story in The Wichita Eagle, Tang and his staff thought Iowa State had team managers or other representatives in the stands behind Kansas State's bench with the intent of stealing signs. The story cited anonymous sources.

Reading from a prepared statement after Saturday's 79-75 victory over No. 7 Kansas, Otzelberger denied the accusations.

"Ludicrous rumors earlier this week that somehow we were trying to gain an advantage looking into our opponent's huddles is an affront to our players, our fans and to me," he said. "It's not who I am. It's not what our program is about. And I'm angry that someone would even make that suggestion.

"What is factual is one of their staff members cursed out one of our student managers who was mopping the floor under the basket. So, let's put this to bed here and now. It didn't happen. It won't happen. And others need to be much more careful with their words moving forward."
espn
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
GoCats
Why is there something rather than nothing?

GoCats

Post by GoCats » January 28th, 2024, 11:56 am

tmcats wrote:
January 28th, 2024, 11:09 am
the media is blowing this up and iowa state's coach and a.d. have thrown gas on their own fire. after saying it was a matter between the coaches, isu's coach went complete drama queen yesterday in his ku post game comments as did their athletic director. i'm not sure where this is headed. but coach tang said nothing negative about isu, nor did gene taylor. this is all media driven b.s. including our own midgets led by ku kellis. it's sad.

According to a story in The Wichita Eagle, Tang and his staff thought Iowa State had team managers or other representatives in the stands behind Kansas State's bench with the intent of stealing signs. The story cited anonymous sources.

Reading from a prepared statement after Saturday's 79-75 victory over No. 7 Kansas, Otzelberger denied the accusations.

"Ludicrous rumors earlier this week that somehow we were trying to gain an advantage looking into our opponent's huddles is an affront to our players, our fans and to me," he said. "It's not who I am. It's not what our program is about. And I'm angry that someone would even make that suggestion.

"What is factual is one of their staff members cursed out one of our student managers who was mopping the floor under the basket. So, let's put this to bed here and now. It didn't happen. It won't happen. And others need to be much more careful with their words moving forward."
espn
Yeah I honestly hate what this has all become. Tang is unnecessarily being shoved into the spotlight with this.

powercat95

Post by powercat95 » January 28th, 2024, 12:58 pm

VERY strange for ISU to bring it up, especially in post-game press conference against a different team.

I also find their written statement to be quite strange, seems to me to be very carefully worded.
The first paragraph is nothing more than them expressing anger at the issue. No denial at all there.
Then next paragraph begins with a new accusation against the KSU coaching staff about cursing...why bring that up, unless they are trying to obscure the issue.
Then, finally, they get to a denial. Well, sort of. Their statement says "It didn't happen" and "It won't happen"...well, what is "it"?? Then it ends with an admonition for others to be more careful with their words....like they were, maybe?? lol.

Anyway, I don't know if ISU was doing anything nefarious or not during our game with them, but their bringing it up and this written statement makes me much more suspicious than I was before. 
These users thanked the author powercat95 for the post (total 3):
pharaohcattmcatsstlcatfan

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » January 28th, 2024, 1:43 pm

Clone officials are being livid at the accusations -- both coach and AD.

Hell, I don't know the truth. Who does?

pharaohcat

Post by pharaohcat » January 28th, 2024, 1:53 pm

Sounds like someone has an agenda against journalists! I don't know what happened at ISU but having a brother who was an editor and reporter, I know what lengths he whet to make sure his stories were factual. When Weber brought up cheating, I don't remember our fans questioning it or wanting it to die down. What if (I said if) ISU was doing what has been alleged, should we just roll over and say do it again. I think Coach Tang did the right thing.
These users thanked the author pharaohcat for the post:
stlcatfan

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 28th, 2024, 2:15 pm

pharaohcat wrote:
January 28th, 2024, 1:53 pm
Sounds like someone has an agenda against journalists! I don't know what happened at ISU but having a brother who was an editor and reporter, I know what lengths he whet to make sure his stories were factual. When Weber brought up cheating, I don't remember our fans questioning it or wanting it to die down. What if (I said if) ISU was doing what has been alleged, should we just roll over and say do it again. I think Coach Tang did the right thing.
bullshit. tang never said a f'ing thing about isu cheating. and you're just carrying on "journalist" nonsense that has caused this to blow up.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

pharaohcat

Post by pharaohcat » January 28th, 2024, 3:09 pm

Bull sh!t back at you!! Coack Tang didn't say anything but doesn't mean the reporters are making anything up!!

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » January 28th, 2024, 3:38 pm

tmcats wrote:
January 28th, 2024, 11:09 am

espn
And this puts a light of crap on Tang and his program, and his culture and high standards are selling points to recruits and Portal players. Iowa State benefits by making Tang look like a whiner and cry baby. And this is a bad situation caused by supposedly friendly media. Tang said it was a closed issue. So did someone in the program relay this spying to Robinette?

I am more concerned about a Wildcat staffer hurling profanity at a ISU manager. Not very becoming for a staff that hold themselves up as Christian men.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
RezClone