2023-24 team

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
katlander

Pick 'Em

Re: 2023-24 team

Post by katlander » November 7th, 2023, 2:07 pm

I think we have more overall talent this year. Markquis was just a freak last year. Players like that are rare. Our bigs are good. Kaluma is struggling with his shot now and is trying to do too much but is very talented. Less may be more for him. Really like Colbert so far and McNair is a bit of a beasty boy. Tomlin should be improved and N'Guessan looks good. Nice group of trees. The arboretum.

We are solid at the guard spots with 2 experienced transfers who can light it up. Cam Carter is a Swiss Army knife who should only get better. Finister, despite what some have said, is a nice rotational piece who can play. Our 3 freshmen are really good and will continue to improve as the game slows down. Not sure if Rich should be grouped with the guards, but wherever you put him he is a freak. Defense and shooting are the biggest liabilities so far. I expect shooting to come around very quickly, and defense should gradually improve.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post (total 2):
tmcatsstlcatfan

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » November 9th, 2023, 12:12 am

Last year we scored 90 points or more in 6 games. We won them all, and beT Texas,.Baylor and MSU.
Can this team.match this. I am skeptical

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » November 9th, 2023, 9:18 am

SCKSCat wrote:
November 9th, 2023, 12:12 am
Last year we scored 90 points or more in 6 games. We won them all, and beT Texas,.Baylor and MSU.
Can this team.match this. I am skeptical
I don't think anyone expected it last year either, it just happened. I wouldn't count these guys out, I think Coach Tang knows what he is doing regarding peaking at the right time. This is a process and the talent seems to be there.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post:
stlcatfan

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » November 11th, 2023, 1:15 pm

If Tomlin was playing, would Kaluma be playing better?
With no bigs making outside shots it seems like the mid range area is congested and opponents are camping out there.
I would think that Tomlin and NGuessen making 3s would give Kaluma space needed.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » November 12th, 2023, 8:05 am

Imo, kaluma is playing Ok except he needs to improve his shot selection. Forcing things a little too much.

But right now he is averaging 8 rebounds and 3 to vs a. Game.
Keyante no averaged 6.8 rebounds and 2.9 to s a game last year.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » November 29th, 2023, 9:48 am

I miss last year team's swagger and pzaz. This year we are kind of dull and pedestrian.
This isn’t a bad thing for winning, but fans don't seem that excited. Maybe it is better in the arena.

Aside from a couple of Rich moments, there has not been many wow moments such as alley oops or snazzy passes.

pharaohcat

Post by pharaohcat » November 29th, 2023, 1:59 pm

Nowell was swagger and pizazz!!
These users thanked the author pharaohcat for the post (total 2):
SCKSCatrandallcat85

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » December 2nd, 2023, 4:50 pm

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/ ... ven-games/

The K-State basketball team has been underwhelming so far. The Wildcats are 5-2 after beating Oral Roberts by 10 points in overtime on Tuesday night. Not having suspended forward Nae’Qwan Tomlin has hurt the team, as he is far and away their best player. The Wildcats have some nice pieces and talent, but they look discombobulated on the court at times. Right now, without Tomlin, I see them as a bubble team.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post (total 2):
kswildcatrandallcat85

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » December 4th, 2023, 3:50 pm

The near loss to ORU does not bother me because they are a veteran team that has played together, and this type of team will give us fits in the 1st part of the year as we learn to play offense and defense together.
I am alarmed at the North Alabama game. No matter how poorly we played, we should have beaten them more handily.
Cam and Perry must have the mindset of scoring every time down the by being aggressive minded about scoring. In the NAU game they both seemed to fade into shyness about scoring, and Kaluma tried to be the man; which was not working too well.
Oh hell, I am just rambling. Having a gritty team is fine, but we need a lot more confidence, spunkiness, and a go to guy who can get points when the others can't similar to how Johnson and Nowell did last year.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » December 4th, 2023, 8:14 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
December 4th, 2023, 3:50 pm
The near loss to ORU does not bother me because they are a veteran team that has played together, and this type of team will give us fits in the 1st part of the year as we learn to play offense and defense together.
I am alarmed at the North Alabama game. No matter how poorly we played, we should have beaten them more handily.
Cam and Perry must have the mindset of scoring every time down the by being aggressive minded about scoring. In the NAU game they both seemed to fade into shyness about scoring, and Kaluma tried to be the man; which was not working too well.
Oh hell, I am just rambling. Having a gritty team is fine, but we need a lot more confidence, spunkiness, and a go to guy who can get points when the others can't similar to how Johnson and Nowell did last year.
Tang’s response to me ..... :violin: :beathorse:
After watching a video of his presser today, I realized I sound like a whining KU fan.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
randallcat85