My parade has been rained on and optimistic joy squelched

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
SCKSCat

My parade has been rained on and optimistic joy squelched

Post by SCKSCat » May 15th, 2022, 9:10 am

Between countless posts about how poor of a choice Tang was, and the fails on high profile recruits and recruiting projects, I am depressed. I have been giddy about our program's future. Those who want to wound our Program and Tang are succeeding. I am sure top teams fanbases don't have such dysfunction and discord.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post (total 2):
randallcat85spoofrice11

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » May 15th, 2022, 9:22 am

Buck up, my friend. Better days are ahead for KSU men's BB. It's easier on the ol' psyche to be optimistic. ;)
These users thanked the author ToledoCat#3 for the post:
Section 12-2

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » May 15th, 2022, 10:58 am

Count me optimistic about Tang and the future of the program. Yes, we lost out on some high profile players (all schools do), but the players we have signed look pretty promising.

Cam Carter was a 4-star player coming out of high school and was ranked the 3rd best player in the entire state of Virginia.

Dorian Finister is a high 3-star and is currently ranked #2 in all of Louisiana.

Nae'qwan Tomlin is ranked the 7th best juco player in the entire nation!

Some posters here are trying to downplay these guys but I am interested to see how they do for us. There are still lots of others with us, along with some really good programs, on their short list. I don't remember so many top players having K-State in the final four or top six or whatever. Coach Tang has re-kindled my interest in the program, for sure.

Edit: I realized that I forgot to mention Jerrell Colbert, the LSU transfer, who I believe was Tang's first signee. But again, like the others, a highly rated player (4-star, Top 150, 3rd highest ranked in Tennessee).
Last edited by stlcatfan on May 15th, 2022, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The whole future lies in uncertainty: live immediately.” -- Seneca

ksuatheart

Post by ksuatheart » May 15th, 2022, 10:59 am

You will fail to get 100% of the recruits you don't even try for. Here, they are trying to recruit when a lot of the best have already committed elsewhere. I think the way Tang and Magili operate will be very effective as we approach the fall signing date, when there is more uncertainty out there, and players will know these guys are going to be here for at least 3 years (I thinking how long before Magili might be hired for his own head coaching job). They will find there guys, and we will move forward. I think there guys doesn't mean top 50 guys, but guys who have the unteachables, but who need coaching to reach their potential.
These users thanked the author ksuatheart for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » May 15th, 2022, 11:17 am

SCKSCat wrote:
May 15th, 2022, 9:10 am
Between countless posts about how poor of a choice Tang was, and the fails on high profile recruits and recruiting projects, I am depressed. I have been giddy about our program's future. Those who want to wound our Program and Tang are succeeding. I am sure top teams fanbases don't have such dysfunction and discord.
If you think this forum is anywhere close to being negative you probably haven’t been on many sports forums before. Just for kicks and giggles get on the RCF forum for the Cleveland Cavaliers.
These users thanked the author Puffdad for the post:
WildcatEngineer

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » May 15th, 2022, 11:48 am

As with any forum, it's all relative to the audience and acceptability of the fanbase/forum. And this forum has become toxic lately with a very small number of people who would like nothing more than to sow discord and see Tang fail. Discussions, criticisms, kudos, are always good... But trolls are never good for a forum, as it eventually runs off your good posters who don't want to waste their time.
These users thanked the author KsJoey for the post (total 2):
gdgjr78spoofrice11

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » May 15th, 2022, 11:57 am

Feel free to pm me any “toxic” posts. Or use the report feature.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » May 15th, 2022, 12:07 pm

This is the best KSU forum. Others are very slow. Several of our members find good scoops about recruits long before comments appear on the other boards.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post (total 2):
I Have A Jareemstlcatfan

learnin

Post by learnin » May 15th, 2022, 12:40 pm

I haven’t seen any posts that says Coach Tang was a bad hire. I think some of us were knocked back to reality by the mass exodus and lack of big time signees. Things will change when we begin to get some good news
These users thanked the author learnin for the post:
PurpleWildcat

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » May 15th, 2022, 1:48 pm

Puffdad wrote:
May 15th, 2022, 11:57 am
Feel free to pm me any “toxic” posts. Or use the report feature.
My only response to this would be I don’t report anymore as I know there has been many posts reported over the past 2 months from several on here. Nothing is done because trolls don’t get banned on this forum since they mostly don’t break obvious rules, or did so a long time in the past…. which is precisely what makes them trolls. Inflammatory or off-topic remarks posted on a forum with the intent of provoking emotional responses. It is what it is Puff, I get that too
These users thanked the author KsJoey for the post (total 2):
randallcat85spoofrice11