COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
pulitzerdavid

Re: My parade has been rained on and optimistic joy squelched

Post by pulitzerdavid » May 20th, 2022, 7:57 pm

KITNooga wrote:
May 19th, 2022, 6:35 pm
pulitzerdavid wrote:
May 19th, 2022, 8:36 am

My "dog" was kicked. And your foot landed many of the blows.
seems to me you've 'kicked a few dogs' 'round here too... not sure that I think you have a right to complain 'now'.
"Right to complain". That's hilarious. Who needs "rights" on a sports forum.
"What other people think is none of my business" - Scotty Scheffler, Masters Champion. Great advice Scotty.

learnin

Post by learnin » May 20th, 2022, 8:03 pm

ChemEngCat wrote:
May 20th, 2022, 6:40 pm
I would never claim to be an optimist so maybe am being too pessimistic, but I am getting concerned that we will have to use walk-ons to fill the roster. And I certainly don't want to start or continue the Weber debate but I do think that although COVID impacted all teams, it did not do so uniformly. I think the experienced teams were able to survive not being able to practice with full squads and having different line-ups from game to game due to COVID protocols better than teams with a younger roster. Baylor won the championship in part because they were a very experienced team, while we struggled in part because of inexperience and the impact on practices and having players out for different games. Last season we were soooo close on so many games but couldn't pull them out in the end. I want to be excited and optimistic for this year. I rarely post but I do check the forum daily hoping to see that we have signed some new and amazing talent. I will keep checking...
I hope you post more often. I appreciate your objectivity. There should be no doubt. The Cats were affected more negatively, by Covid, than any power conference team and here’s why. Bruce Weber played according to the rules. Bruce’s program tested and reported accordingly as required by the NCAA. Look me in the eye and tell me that all other power schools legitimately made it through the season without having to play with seven scholarship players and a third rung assistant coach. If it was on the up and up, then Bruce was a victim of the force.

Here’s hoping we land a few difference makers soon.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » May 22nd, 2022, 2:25 pm

I agree learnin, it is much much harder when you play by the rules. That is what many here apparently do not get. The level of graft in college sports is becoming increasingly apparent as the big time cheaters are getting pissed because they are losing their advantage. The recent exchange between Saban and Jumbo Fisher was telling. Fisher basically said that those around Saban knew he was dirty for a long time. Fisher finally saw his chance and had his rich boosters buy him a team, and Saban is seeing red. I think Self has also made comments dissing NIL. There, there Bill, it will be okay. Its kind of funny if it wasn't so sad.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post:
learnin

pharaohcat

Post by pharaohcat » May 22nd, 2022, 2:30 pm

We finished 9th or10th the last 3 years. Were all the teams that finished ahead of us cheaters?

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » May 22nd, 2022, 2:33 pm

pharaohcat wrote:
May 22nd, 2022, 2:30 pm
We finished 9th or10th the last 3 years. Were all the teams that finished ahead of us cheaters?

That is illogical. But I suppose it is possible that we were the only Big 12 team that did not cheat.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » May 26th, 2022, 6:47 am

I think I quit posting here for awhile. For a variety of reasons. I can find more upbeat options

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 26th, 2022, 10:44 am

trolling and other negativity here is killing this site.
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

learnin

Post by learnin » May 26th, 2022, 11:05 am

pharaohcat wrote:
There have been several posters, as of late, who have demanded that action be taken against two posters they have deemed to be trolls for being critical of our new coach. All through the Weber years, there were posters who only showed up when Weber suffered a bad loss so they could pile on. Others hung around, but were constantly critical of Weber. This poster showed up when it was becoming clear that Weber was going to fail. Since then, he has made sure to challenge any post that even suggests Weber was a good coach or last year’s team was very close to being successful. Yet, no one demands action.

Perhaps we should stop being so thinned skinned and put up with negativity as long as any poster does not resort to personal attacks or threats.

Orion12521

Post by Orion12521 » May 26th, 2022, 12:35 pm

I don't think anyone expects us all to be in lock step 100% of the time. I'm confident enough in my opinions to be open to different points of view. In my life, I've learned far more from the people that I disagree with, because they challenge me and cause me to consistently reevaluate the validity of my beliefs. What I take exception to is when such a significant amount of posts from someone when taken in aggregate, overshadows their positive contributions with their negativity. If I wanted to endure consistent negativity about the Cats, I'd frequent Jayhawk boards.
These users thanked the author Orion12521 for the post:
Section 12-2

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » May 26th, 2022, 12:35 pm

learnin wrote:
May 26th, 2022, 11:05 am
pharaohcat wrote:
There have been several posters, as of late, who have demanded that action be taken against two posters they have deemed to be trolls for being critical of our new coach. All through the Weber years, there were posters who only showed up when Weber suffered a bad loss so they could pile on. Others hung around, but were constantly critical of Weber. This poster showed up when it was becoming clear that Weber was going to fail. Since then, he has made sure to challenge any post that even suggests Weber was a good coach or last year’s team was very close to being successful. Yet, no one demands action.

Perhaps we should stop being so thinned skinned and put up with negativity as long as any poster does not resort to personal attacks or threats.
Oh the irony. This site was a draw to me because it distanced itself from the Weber hate that was premature and now the same premature hate has returned towards a different coach? As a Weber supporter, and a supporter of all KSU coaches, it took a couple of years before the Weber hate resurfaced, but even then it was minimal and at least Weber had coached some to have something that could at least be argued. While Tang hasn't even coached a single game which is what my objection is to all this negativity. Let the man have a chance before you tear him down. Nor do I need to defend a coach that is no longer here because I am focused on the here and now and history is already written on the past. I believe that the hate focused towards Weber will also take care of itself if the hate towards Tang was also removed as they are both reactionary to each other yet no side seems to want to be the one to end it and continue to engage in this never ending battle of jabs and underhanded comments.

After I put Tang trolls on ignore, and then Weber trolls on ignore, and the KU fans acting like KSU fans on ignore, then I'm left having to scroll through multiple ignored posts, except when I can't ignore admins whom some post their personal opinions to which can't be ignored, to get to anything I find valuable. Or instead of just putting up with it, I can do the same thing that brought me here in the first place and find somewhere else to go. No one wants to have to dig through pages of infighting and negativity, or ignored posts, because users have some perceived slight they need to avenge or because trolls enjoy the chaos they create by not directly disobeying the rules, but doing enough to disrupt the conversation. Just like this site was born out of wanting to get away from what other sites have become, other sites will evolve as well to get away from this site.

I enjoy providing updates from sources I have at KSU or digging up articles, tweets, statistics or any tidbit of information I can find and sharing it to the masses, but not at the cost of having to wade through the swamp this has become. When a passion becomes a pain point, it is no longer fun to do. It is quite clear what conversations are preferred here and it is not something I wish to be apart of. So a big fat NO to your request to just put up with it. You all can continue to live in a divided world of hate and constant fighting and I'll see myself out until a change in attitude has occurred among all sides to you are all once again on the same side which is the side of KSU where we all should be.
These users thanked the author AJcat7755 for the post (total 4):
ksudennyKsJoeykstfan88PurpleOnWhite