My parade has been rained on and optimistic joy squelched

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
KITNooga

Re: My parade has been rained on and optimistic joy squelched

Post by KITNooga » May 19th, 2022, 6:35 pm

pulitzerdavid wrote:
May 19th, 2022, 8:36 am

My "dog" was kicked. And your foot landed many of the blows.
seems to me you've 'kicked a few dogs' 'round here too... not sure that I think you have a right to complain 'now'.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

DeereCatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by DeereCatFan » May 19th, 2022, 9:47 pm

KITNooga wrote:
May 19th, 2022, 6:35 pm
pulitzerdavid wrote:
May 19th, 2022, 8:36 am

My "dog" was kicked. And your foot landed many of the blows.
seems to me you've 'kicked a few dogs' 'round here too... not sure that I think you have a right to complain 'now'.
:agree: Spot on!
These users thanked the author DeereCatFan for the post (total 2):
pharaohcatwild@nite

learnin

Post by learnin » May 19th, 2022, 10:05 pm

spoofrice11 wrote:
May 19th, 2022, 1:08 pm
Tang might not have been my first choice, but I am excited about what he is trying to do, after the last few years of being terrible.
Give the guy a chance before ragging on everything, as he has not even begun to coach our team.

It's ridiculous that Trolls are allowed on here to bash him (and make our fanbase look bad) every time he misses on a recruit. Especially since it has become Pay to Get. You are making some of us not want to go to a K-State site to see the latest info.

My friend, it’s always been pay to get. This is why the charge against Weber (he can’t recruit) was unjust. Weber didn’t play the pay game thus he had to rely on 3’s and an occasional 4. That is why he was up and down. When Weber dared to make a remark about the cheaters, the K-State critics said he was making excuses. “Why, there’s no excuse for not recruiting to Manhattan!” The NIL has brought the pay to play right out into the open.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » May 20th, 2022, 12:34 am

spoofrice11 wrote:
Tang might not have been my first choice, but I am excited about what he is trying to do, after the last few years of being terrible.
Give the guy a chance before ragging on everything, as he has not even begun to coach our team.

It's ridiculous that Trolls are allowed on here to bash him (and make our fanbase look bad) every time he misses on a recruit. Especially since it has become Pay to Get. You are making some of us not want to go to a K-State site to see the latest info.
Nobody question anything the great Tang does. … or he’ll probably need to pet a puppy.

spoofrice11

Post by spoofrice11 » May 20th, 2022, 2:06 pm

learnin wrote:
May 19th, 2022, 10:05 pm
spoofrice11 wrote:

My friend, it’s always been pay to get. This is why the charge against Weber (he can’t recruit) was unjust. Weber didn’t play the pay game thus he had to rely on 3’s and an occasional 4. That is why he was up and down. When Weber dared to make a remark about the cheaters, the K-State critics said he was making excuses. “Why, there’s no excuse for not recruiting to Manhattan!” The NIL has brought the pay to play right out into the open.
Nothing like this. Yes, I'm sure some big schools illegally payed some players, but this is buying players everywhere.
These users thanked the author spoofrice11 for the post:
PurpleOnWhite

spoofrice11

Post by spoofrice11 » May 20th, 2022, 2:09 pm

Hypeman wrote:
May 20th, 2022, 12:34 am
spoofrice11 wrote:

Nobody question anything the great Tang does. … or he’ll probably need to pet a puppy.
Yay, a Trolls ruining the board responded to me and didn't even read what I wrote.

If you would of read what I said, you would have seen that Tang wasn't the guy I wanted. But to bash everything he does before we even play a game makes you look like a 5 year old (if that). Seriously, I am giving him a chance and any K-State "FAN" should as well.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » May 20th, 2022, 3:36 pm

spoofrice11 wrote:
May 20th, 2022, 2:09 pm
Hypeman wrote:
May 20th, 2022, 12:34 am

Yay, a Trolls ruining the board responded to me and didn't even read what I wrote.

If you would of read what I said, you would have seen that Tang wasn't the guy I wanted. But to bash everything he does before we even play a game makes you look like a 5 year old (if that). Seriously, I am giving him a chance and any K-State "FAN" should as well.
Best if you just put the troll on ignore and not quote it so no one else has to read it either.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » May 20th, 2022, 3:47 pm

Yep, easier to just put the 2 resident trolls on ignore. Quoting them just gives them the attention they desire.

bigpurpleman

Post by bigpurpleman » May 20th, 2022, 5:43 pm

The question is, will we even have the requisite number of players needed to actually play a game this year.

ChemEngCat
Has thanked: 0

Post by ChemEngCat » May 20th, 2022, 6:40 pm

I would never claim to be an optimist so maybe am being too pessimistic, but I am getting concerned that we will have to use walk-ons to fill the roster. And I certainly don't want to start or continue the Weber debate but I do think that although COVID impacted all teams, it did not do so uniformly. I think the experienced teams were able to survive not being able to practice with full squads and having different line-ups from game to game due to COVID protocols better than teams with a younger roster. Baylor won the championship in part because they were a very experienced team, while we struggled in part because of inexperience and the impact on practices and having players out for different games. Last season we were soooo close on so many games but couldn't pull them out in the end. I want to be excited and optimistic for this year. I rarely post but I do check the forum daily hoping to see that we have signed some new and amazing talent. I will keep checking...
These users thanked the author ChemEngCat for the post:
Puffdad