at baylor tonight ...

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
Hypeman

Re: at baylor tonight ...

Post by Hypeman » January 28th, 2021, 8:54 am

ksustars754 wrote:
January 28th, 2021, 8:44 am
You fire Bruce and kids leave, that’s the way it goes. It better be a non-factor for Gene.
Agreed. Rather than focus on hoops, these guys were more concerned about protesting in the preseason before they had even played a game. They are not serious about winning and they are finding out you are not entitled to a win. Of course out Pres and GT seem to think everyone is. Failed Leadership trickling down to students and athletics alike.
These users thanked the author Hypeman for the post:
CatnVa

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » January 28th, 2021, 10:37 am

I seriously doubt that these kids were tuned into protesting rather than living for basketball. The protesting crap all started from the top down and not vice versa. There might be a couple exceptions but I kind of doubt it since there’s no player leadership anyway. They’re mostly freshmen. They don’t give a darn about protesting. They are there to play basketball. Now where the problem is, is that most of them do not have the skills or potential to be big contributors at this level. People can come up with excuses or accusations but unfortunately the truth is.... the ponies aren’t there. And that falls on coaching and recruiting as well.

kswildcat

Post by kswildcat » January 28th, 2021, 11:15 am

I agree with Puff that our freshman class is not what we were lead to believe, talent-wise. And by now they're closer to sophomores than freshman anyway. Yes, that does fall on coaching and recruiting! Have we seen any progress as the season progresses? No!! To me, that is a sign of coaching as well. What upsets me the most is the total lack of effort of this team: lazy play, turnovers, terrible rebounding, poor attitude. They play like they don't care. And we wonder why fans don't care! A pathetic embarrassment to the Wildcat basketball tradition!!

kswildcat

Post by kswildcat » January 28th, 2021, 11:20 am

I forgot to add terrible, pathetic, lazy defense! That shows a total lack of desire and lack of pride.

kswildcat

Post by kswildcat » January 28th, 2021, 11:36 am

Sorry but I want to add one more thing about effort and pride. I've been watching a high school team that graduated its top 6 players last year. Only one returner has varsity experience. Of the current top 6 players, 3 are out with injury or Covid. This team has lost every game but: they play hard every minute, they fight for every loose ball and rebound, they are undersized but play with a huge heart, they listen to their coach, and they care! I am proud of this team and enjoy watching them improve every game. I have not seen any of the listed qualities in the current Wildcat team. Sad and pathetic!

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » January 28th, 2021, 4:01 pm

Puffdad wrote:
January 28th, 2021, 10:37 am
I seriously doubt that these kids were tuned into protesting rather than living for basketball. The protesting crap all started from the top down and not vice versa. There might be a couple exceptions but I kind of doubt it since there’s no player leadership anyway. They’re mostly freshmen. They don’t give a darn about protesting. They are there to play basketball. Now where the problem is, is that most of them do not have the skills or potential to be big contributors at this level. People can come up with excuses or accusations but unfortunately the truth is.... the ponies aren’t there. And that falls on coaching and recruiting as well.
You are probably right about most of that. But these frosh jumped onto the protesting bandwagon which appears to be an indicator of their commitment to the hard work you need to be successful. That’s showing in their lack of defensive effort and hustle. Perhaps it’s spurious correlation. Regardless, I’m assuming the play-hard chart has no marks on it.

There’s some physical talent in this group, but it doesn’t look that they have the right attitude, and that matters if you want to be a winner.

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » January 28th, 2021, 4:36 pm

lol...."we suck because....BLM"

you guys are a hoot