new turf being installed at 'the bill' ...

The defending Big XII Champions
tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: new turf being installed at 'the bill' ...

Post by tmcats » May 11th, 2018, 8:40 am

you will not notice the light green. i was in there a couple times and didn't until brought to my eye here. :shock:
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

CD_WILDCAT
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by CD_WILDCAT » May 11th, 2018, 12:49 pm

I hope they do address the edge, it looks cheap and half done this way, especially behind the end zones where there won’t be ‘equipment’. Never understood why things get done half assed, bram is a perfect example. If you ever take the elevator down to the tunnel you’ll notice buttons for what was supposed to be additional floors, allowing for a split or tierd seating instead of the gigantic single rows we have now. But I digress, they need to make all the green one consistent shade. Now I’ll get off my soapbox

powercat5000

Post by powercat5000 » May 11th, 2018, 1:39 pm

The different shading is so minor.....Nobody will even notice come gameday.
Our Freedom Does Not End where Fear Begins

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 11th, 2018, 1:58 pm

CD_WILDCAT wrote:I hope they do address the edge, it looks cheap and half done this way, especially behind the end zones where there won’t be ‘equipment’. Never understood why things get done half assed, bram is a perfect example. If you ever take the elevator down to the tunnel you’ll notice buttons for what was supposed to be additional floors, allowing for a split or tierd seating instead of the gigantic single rows we have now. But I digress, they need to make all the green one consistent shade. Now I’ll get off my soapbox
:clap: it must be the off-season for the things we find to bitch about.
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

CD_WILDCAT

Post by CD_WILDCAT » May 12th, 2018, 10:20 pm

tmcats wrote:
CD_WILDCAT wrote:I hope they do address the edge, it looks cheap and half done this way, especially behind the end zones where there won’t be ‘equipment’. Never understood why things get done half assed, bram is a perfect example. If you ever take the elevator down to the tunnel you’ll notice buttons for what was supposed to be additional floors, allowing for a split or tierd seating instead of the gigantic single rows we have now. But I digress, they need to make all the green one consistent shade. Now I’ll get off my soapbox
:clap: it must be the off-season for the things we find to bitch about.
Truth!! :rofl:

PurpleGetReady2Roll

Post by PurpleGetReady2Roll » May 14th, 2018, 12:05 pm

Isn’t the light green turf supposed to be more durable? not necessarily the better playing field service but durable for sideline use and Harley day and things like that?

kinsleycat

Post by kinsleycat » May 14th, 2018, 12:29 pm

It's my understanding that this is the latest and greatest new Astroturf and that K-
state is the first school to install it. It's supposed to be 3D turf.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » May 20th, 2018, 7:02 pm

Well, the old green around edges is gone!!! Replaced or painted with purple! Looks great!!

CD_WILDCAT

Post by CD_WILDCAT » May 22nd, 2018, 6:46 am

wild@nite wrote:Well, the old green around edges is gone!!! Replaced or painted with purple! Looks great!!
Proof?? I saw a computer mock up but nothing official. I’d love it if it were purple, can you qualify your statement with a pic or GT saying so? He seems to stand by the two greens alot

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » May 22nd, 2018, 8:47 am

CD_WILDCAT wrote:
wild@nite wrote:Well, the old green around edges is gone!!! Replaced or painted with purple! Looks great!!
Proof?? I saw a computer mock up but nothing official. I’d love it if it were purple, can you qualify your statement with a pic or GT saying so? He seems to stand by the two greens alot
This was sent to me...
Attachments
IMG_1286.jpg
IMG_1286.jpg (93.01 KiB) Viewed 2389 times