Recruiting Thread

The defending Big XII Champions
stlcatfan

Re: Recruiting Thread

Post by stlcatfan » May 4th, 2024, 12:39 am

SCKSCat wrote:
May 3rd, 2024, 10:41 pm
Just thinking.
Has our new practice facility helped with our recruiting pitch?
No doubt about it.
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post:
randallcat85
"The whole future lies in uncertainty: live immediately.” -- Seneca

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » May 4th, 2024, 9:39 am

Looked at our 2024 recruiting class and discovered 4 star WR commit Trae Davis "Mr. Versatility". His highlights are impressive!

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=e777da97 ... xLw&ntb=1e
These users thanked the author katlander for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » May 8th, 2024, 11:47 pm

katlander wrote:
May 4th, 2024, 9:39 am
Looked at our 2024 recruiting class and discovered 4 star WR commit Trae Davis "Mr. Versatility". His highlights are impressive!

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=e777da97 ... xLw&ntb=1e
Concur with your assessment of WR Trae Davis @katlander. He & other WR additions will likely make the Cats WR Corps a very strong bunch in 2024.
These users thanked the author KSUbetcha for the post (total 2):
randallcat85katlander

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » May 10th, 2024, 8:56 am

I saw on twitter yesterday that Collin Klein was in Hugoton yesterday to watch Lincoln Cure at his league track meet and Cure was in College Station last week and has an official visit set up for College Station in June as well. Would have been hard for me had I been at the meet to not go up to him and say "come on dude, get back to Texas, every recruit you need is down there, leave this kid alone." I doubt he would care much about it, but I would hate to lose Cure to A&M, but who knows, it could definitely happen.

When I heard Cure in an interview at the state basketball tournament, everything he said he is looking for is exactly what Kstate offers. He likes the idea of playing for a team where he is not just another guy, playing for a local school was important to him, and he said he needed to go somewhere that would help develop him for the NFL. Hello, we just made a walk-on a 2nd round draft pick. But who knows how it might work out.

I did see KU picked up his older brother as a walk-on and Lincoln posted when his older brother entered the portal from Ft. Hays how important his brother was to him and I thought at that point "we should bring him on as a walk-on, but it looks like KU did just that."

Not sure what any of it means, but I feel like we have led for Cure for a long time and I hope we are able to close the deal with him.
These users thanked the author Gorhoops for the post:
randallcat85

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 10th, 2024, 10:55 am

Gorhoops wrote:
May 10th, 2024, 8:56 am
I saw on twitter yesterday that Collin Klein was in Hugoton yesterday to watch Lincoln Cure at his league track meet and Cure was in College Station last week and has an official visit set up for College Station in June as well. Would have been hard for me had I been at the meet to not go up to him and say "come on dude, get back to Texas, every recruit you need is down there, leave this kid alone." I doubt he would care much about it, but I would hate to lose Cure to A&M, but who knows, it could definitely happen.

When I heard Cure in an interview at the state basketball tournament, everything he said he is looking for is exactly what Kstate offers. He likes the idea of playing for a team where he is not just another guy, playing for a local school was important to him, and he said he needed to go somewhere that would help develop him for the NFL. Hello, we just made a walk-on a 2nd round draft pick. But who knows how it might work out.

I did see KU picked up his older brother as a walk-on and Lincoln posted when his older brother entered the portal from Ft. Hays how important his brother was to him and I thought at that point "we should bring him on as a walk-on, but it looks like KU did just that."

Not sure what any of it means, but I feel like we have led for Cure for a long time and I hope we are able to close the deal with him.
feels like the junction city kid last year going to ou. but then i remember sunshine came here. so who knows?
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
randallcat85
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » May 10th, 2024, 12:33 pm

tmcats wrote:
May 10th, 2024, 10:55 am
Gorhoops wrote:

feels like the junction city kid last year going to ou. but then i remember sunshine came here. so who knows?

Yep, and the way things are now, even if they sign elsewhere out of high school, that doesn't mean they won't eventually come back, just like Dylan.
These users thanked the author Gorhoops for the post (total 2):
randallcat85tmcats

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 10th, 2024, 12:56 pm

arthur brown (the u), his brother (tennessee), and chris harper (oregon).

These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
randallcat85
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » May 10th, 2024, 7:41 pm

Gorhoops wrote:

Back in late January, I was talking with someone who is very close with Linkon and she told me at the time he was deciding between K-State and Oregon. Now it looks like Texas A&M has entered the picture. I believe we are his last official visit so that might work in our favor.
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post (total 2):
randallcat85KSUbetcha
"The whole future lies in uncertainty: live immediately.” -- Seneca

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » May 12th, 2024, 8:16 am

Undoubtedly, a lot of Kansas kids grew up idolizing Collin Klein. His value on the recruiting front may exceed his value as a coach.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post (total 3):
stlcatfanrandallcat85KSUbetcha

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » May 13th, 2024, 3:56 pm

I honestly see Colin Klein returning to Manhattan, KS at some point in his career. I'm estimating 10-15 years out at this point. I don't see Coach Kliman going anywhere anytime soon, but he'll likely not stay as long as Coach Snyder did in his 1.0 & 2.0 iterations.
These users thanked the author KSUbetcha for the post:
randallcat85