dana dimel now head coach at utep ...

The defending Big XII Champions
ksustars754
Has thanked: 0

Re: dana dimel now head coach at utep ...

Post by ksustars754 » December 14th, 2017, 10:38 pm

Byron Pringle is a great guy with a tough background and great story. Judging purely based off of football skill, I don't see him getting drafted. However, if anyone can overcome odds, it's definitely him. We should all be rooting for him to succeed in whatever he does!

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » December 14th, 2017, 11:17 pm

I'm rooting for him and his family to be successful in life after KSU. I honestly think our WR corp will be just fine without him, but very good with him. I'm rooting for him regardless. The fact that he has his degree is key in the discussion because if he fails at the NFL level, what has he lost? Just one year of playing football at KSU, and that's it. That's a lot different than Lee who didn't get his degree. With Byron having his degree, then he really isn't risking much more than just playing a season of football at KSU - which isn't a big deal. The question to me is, will he get better playing at KSU enough to increase his draft stock or is he better served to take his shot now thus not risking the potential for an injury?

I wouldn't blame him for taking a shot at the NFL. I just don't think he is good enough to make it right now. I hope I'm dead wrong and I will certainly root for him. My heart is 110% with him to make it in the NFL, but my head just isn't seeing it at this point in time.
EMAW

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 15th, 2017, 8:41 am

At 24, it may be now or never for him. SUPER glad he's got his degree.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 15th, 2017, 10:54 am

byron did not have the kind of year that will get him drafted. coming back and staring could change that perception. but the age thing is real. i can understand whichever route he chooses to take. but my guess is that "he gone!"
Why is there something rather than nothing?

catl

Post by catl » December 15th, 2017, 11:36 am

Wasn't Terrence Newman 24 when he was drafted? Of course Newman was more talented, Pringle would need a really good year with minimal drops next season to get drafted

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 15th, 2017, 11:52 am

terence was born in september 1978 and drafted in 2003, yes, 24.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Fullypersuaded

Post by Fullypersuaded » December 15th, 2017, 8:36 pm

I really don't believe Pringle has a problem catching the ball. He's an effective returner but of course the speed, depth and kick placement, in the NFL is consistently on a whole different level.

In our offense, I'm not sure he'd produce the stats, ie, become a 1,000 yd receiver. Seems Tyler Lockett flirted with those type of stats, but certainly received from more accurate QB's. Deante Burton never surpassed 500 yards in a season and we were most definitely inconsistent at QB his Jr & Sr years, yet he's managed to stay on the Atlanta Falcons practice squad, though they've now put him at CB. He made the team as a wr, so Pringle may have a better shot than we think.

If he stayed, 25 isn't ancient, especially with the potential of making more money. Not sure if the college stipend can sustain a family.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » December 15th, 2017, 8:45 pm

Fullypersuaded wrote:I really don't believe Pringle has a problem catching the ball. He's an effective returner but of course the speed, depth and kick placement, in the NFL is consistently on a whole different level.

In our offense, I'm not sure he'd produce the stats, ie, become a 1,000 yd receiver. Seems Tyler Lockett flirted with those type of stats, but certainly received from more accurate QB's. Deante Burton never surpassed 500 yards in a season and we were most definitely inconsistent at QB his Jr & Sr years, yet he's managed to stay on the Atlanta Falcons practice squad, though they've now put him at CB. He made the team as a wr, so Pringle may have a better shot than we think.

If he stayed, 25 isn't ancient, especially with the potential of making more money. Not sure if the college stipend can sustain a family.
Burton switched to CB? Wow, I didn't know that (don't watch the NFL anymore), but it's impressive he was able to make that switch while in the NFL. Probably something we should have done with him earlier in his career given his inability to consistently catch balls.
EMAW