The defending Big XII Champions
Tbonespop

Re: Depth Chart

Post by Tbonespop » April 16th, 2024, 11:58 pm

katlander wrote:
April 16th, 2024, 4:29 pm
stlcatfan wrote:
April 15th, 2024, 2:18 pm
Just saw where Max Marsh is planning on entering the transfer portal when it opens up tomorrow. I don't want to see any more kids enter the portal, but I totally get it for him. He was buried in the depth chart both at safety and when he went back to QB. Best of luck to him.
He has been willing to help where he could. At times it appeared he may be moving up the depth chart at safety but I am not sure he ever saw the field. I wonder why he is transferring and what he hopes to accomplish at this point in his college career?
Probably looking to play and will likely drop down a level in terms of the program he goes to G5 or lower. I'd bet he just wants to play football. Don't blame the guy. Wish him all the best.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post:
stlcatfan
EMAW

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » April 17th, 2024, 8:04 am

And Max has been around for awhile, I would assume he will graduate this spring, and I am not sure if he was ever put on scholarship at KSU. Might as well transfer down to a place that will give you a scholarship hopefully, get playing time, and get your Masters degree at the same time.
These users thanked the author Gorhoops for the post:
stlcatfan

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » April 17th, 2024, 9:08 am

I'll chime in and wish Max the best. Its guys like him who are the heart and soul of K-State football. He has had a nice ride here even if it wasn't a full ride. He has been a part of a good program and a Big 12 championships and bowl games. He has traveled with team and seen a lot of football venues, life experiences you don't get in the classroom.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post:
stlcatfan

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » April 17th, 2024, 12:19 pm

KSUbetcha wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 12:37 am
katlander wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 12:22 am
I can't see many weaknesses on this team. They may exist but I can't see them. Pretty impressive bunch.
It might be fair to say even though we lost some key dudes off last year's team; KSU has a good corps of youger players, newcomers & veterans that may well surprise some people. I'm not saying there won't be some growing pains integrating some parts of the team. But we've got some talented players that will likely "step into the breech" very nicely next season.
:thumbsup: So true. I think we have a bunch of outstanding young players ready to begin having a major impact. Listening to our coaches these guys seem to be a very disciplined and unified group. One of the things I enjoy is watching new stars emerge. Some names are Chiddi Obiazor, Asa Newsome and Wesley Fair on defense. Offense features Garret Oakley, Sam Hecht, backup tackle and RS freshman Devin Nash, back-up running backs RS freshman Joe Jackson, L'James White and true freshman DeVon Rice. Mathew McCrane is likely to be our new punter. Many of these guys we have seen but will now have expanded roles. There are a bunch of other guys including RS freshman, true freshmen, transfers such as Easton Kitty at tackle, Bates at DE and Cephus at receiver. We are very deep and talented. Should be a compelling season.
Last edited by katlander on April 17th, 2024, 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post:
stlcatfan

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 17th, 2024, 12:35 pm

katlander, i've been watching some of past seasons' games of late and am taken by how we continue to be a solid program losing guys like whitehair, finney, king felix, bishop, jordy, sproles, locketts (two generations), risner, and so on. yet it happens. new dudes develop in the program and kaboom there's will howard, cooper beebe, and ben sinnott. much of the fun watching college football is seeing this happen before our eyes. this year it will be sunshine, d.j., kilty, oakley, chiddi, tobi, and so on. no question about it.

Why is there something rather than nothing?

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » April 17th, 2024, 12:42 pm

One area of concern is the size of our offensive lineman. Not just the starters but the over-all trend. They are tall but not that heavy. Last year's group was one of our heaviest, and best, ever. Beebe and Leviston over 320 and only one guy under 300. Panzer is returning and listed at 303. Portier is back for his covid year and is 291. Leingang is 306, Willis 285 and transfer Kitty 299. Sam Hecht is 285. Our roster currently has 14 O-Lineman with 3 more due to arrive this summer. A total of only 4 are over 300 pounds and only 2 over 306. Those are the 2 legacies with Camden Beebe at 353 and Ryan Howard at 325. Of our 3 new recruits Howard 325 and Rakers 299 are on campus. The other 3 highly touted players are Kaedon Massey at 6-8 255, Gus Hawkins at 6-7 280 and Navarro Schunke at 6-5 285. The 2-deep are smaller. Not sure if this is intentional but I would guess it is to some extent, I would think an extra 10 pounds across the board would be beneficial.