Re: Chiefs win

Post by Kstate00 » January 23rd, 2024, 10:55 am

WildcatEngineer wrote:
January 23rd, 2024, 10:16 am
CBS Sports PR

@CBSSportsGang
The
@NFLonCBS
scores the most-watched NFL Divisional Playoff Game ever as Chiefs-Bills is the first to surpass 50 million viewers (50.393).

Sunday’s game peaked with more than 56 million viewers (56.250).

More info here: https://bit.ly/3StGIoc

=================
America loves Football
Which is the reason the NFL and the Chiefs have embraced Swift. Because they know people that have little to no interest in football will watch it just because she is at the game. And she is getting easy marketing for her tour.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » January 23rd, 2024, 11:40 am

Jackson gets rattled, and fumbles.

wazucat

Post by wazucat » January 23rd, 2024, 12:47 pm

As a formerly down trodden Chiefs fan I am relishing the fact that the Chiefs have replaced the Patriots in the Pantheon of the NFL. A team that many people tune in to watch mostly for the spectacle but many to root against them or to hate on Swift or Kelse or Patrick. The teams (except the 49's) from the big media centers suck so fans are forced to watch a team from flyover country.

Kstate00
Has thanked: 0

Post by Kstate00 » January 23rd, 2024, 12:58 pm

wazucat wrote:
January 23rd, 2024, 12:47 pm
As a formerly down trodden Chiefs fan I am relishing the fact that the Chiefs have replaced the Patriots in the Pantheon of the NFL. A team that many people tune in to watch mostly for the spectacle but many to root against them or to hate on Swift or Kelse or Patrick. The teams (except the 49's) from the big media centers suck so fans are forced to watch a team from flyover country.
I wouldn't say the Chiefs are anywhere near the level that the Patriots and Tom Brady were at or many of the successful franchises in years past. When you need to manufacture interest by bringing in a star from outside the game you aren't a true draw.

Did the Patriots need to give attention to Tom Brady's celebrity wife to get attention? Nope. Tom Brady and the Patriots did it all on their own.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » January 23rd, 2024, 1:00 pm

Kstate00 wrote:
January 23rd, 2024, 12:58 pm
wazucat wrote:
I wouldn't say the Chiefs are anywhere near the level that the Patriots and Tom Brady were at or many of the successful franchises in years past. When you need to manufacture interest by bringing in a star from outside the game you aren't a true draw.

Did the Patriots need to give attention to Tom Brady's celebrity wife to get attention? Nope. Tom Brady and the Patriots did it all on their own.
I get the feeling that you are not a Chiefs fan.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post (total 2):
wazucatBamaCat

NatCat2
Has thanked: 0

Post by NatCat2 » January 23rd, 2024, 1:18 pm

Brady and the pats had 20 years. Mahomes and the Chiefs are in year 6. And Brady and the pats had 10 years between SBs. The Chiefs have a ways to go to compare with the pats but lets see how it plays out.
Baltimore will be a tough game but Mahomes gives them a chance

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » January 23rd, 2024, 1:35 pm

Kstate00 wrote:
January 23rd, 2024, 12:58 pm
wazucat wrote:

Patrick Mahomes & Travis Kelce just passed the previous record for playoff TDs from a QB to a receiver in 6 years, which was held by the Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski pairing.

With 6 AFC Championships in 6 years (to go along with 2 SB Victories) in 6 years I'd say the Chiefs are well on their way to a dynasty.
Last edited by KSUbetcha on January 23rd, 2024, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wazucat

Post by wazucat » January 23rd, 2024, 1:43 pm

The Chiefs don't "need" Taylor Swift , give me a break. KC has the best football player on the planet and a lot of people hate that fact.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » January 23rd, 2024, 1:52 pm

Kstate00 wrote:
January 23rd, 2024, 10:55 am
WildcatEngineer wrote:
January 23rd, 2024, 10:16 am
CBS Sports PR

@CBSSportsGang
The
@NFLonCBS
scores the most-watched NFL Divisional Playoff Game ever as Chiefs-Bills is the first to surpass 50 million viewers (50.393).

Sunday’s game peaked with more than 56 million viewers (56.250).

More info here: https://bit.ly/3StGIoc

=================
America loves Football
Which is the reason the NFL and the Chiefs have embraced Swift. Because they know people that have little to no interest in football will watch it just because she is at the game. And she is getting easy marketing for her tour.
Really?? You think people are watching the game because of Swift??
In this crazy world I wouldn’t be surprised if some are, but I guess I do have a hard time believing it’s very many. A hard time believing it’s a number that makes a difference in the ratings or helped make the game against Buffalo the all time most viewed.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » January 23rd, 2024, 2:31 pm

My wife is only kind of a Chiefs fan. She kinda watches the game when it is on. She would rather watch a soap opera. She more or less does something else and glances up if there is a big play or a good advertisement. I let her know if Taylor Swift comes into play and she takes time to watch the side show with soap opera level intensity.

Traylor is a diversion from the monotony of a 4-hour game.