KSU Portal - Where Are They Now

The defending Big XII Champions
powercat5000

Re: KSU Portal - Where Are They Now

Post by powercat5000 » April 30th, 2024, 7:32 pm

Does that fill all of the positions of need on defense? I think ksu might be set to make a legit run at the conference title with the recent transfers- as long as they pan out!
These users thanked the author powercat5000 for the post (total 2):
randallcat85stlcatfan
Our Freedom Does Not End where Fear Begins

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » April 30th, 2024, 9:00 pm

powercat5000 wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 7:32 pm
Does that fill all of the positions of need on defense? I think ksu might be set to make a legit run at the conference title with the recent transfers- as long as they pan out!
I believe we had another linebacker -- Elijah Herring, a Tennessee transfer, visit recently. He's the same size as Marenco so I assume they were both recruited to play the same position. With Marenco committing, maybe Herring is out of the picture?
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post:
Snyder
"The whole future lies in uncertainty: live immediately.” -- Seneca

Snyder

Post by Snyder » April 30th, 2024, 9:09 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 9:00 pm
powercat5000 wrote:
I believe we had another linebacker -- Elijah Herring, a Tennessee transfer, visit recently. He's the same size as Marenco so I assume they were both recruited to play the same position. With Marenco committing, maybe Herring is out of the picture?
Herring is an absolute stud, would be a playmaker immediately. Marenco is an interesting physical specimen
These users thanked the author Snyder for the post:
stlcatfan

Snyder

Post by Snyder » April 30th, 2024, 9:12 pm

powercat5000 wrote:
Things set up nicely, only looking at the schedule we should be favored in all 12. To me, strictly me, hardest games are home vs Gundy and at Iowa State. Could be 11-0 heading into Ames Saturday after Thanksgiving.
These users thanked the author Snyder for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanpowercat5000

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » April 30th, 2024, 9:38 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 7:26 pm
powercat5000 wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 6:45 pm
LB Alec Morenco to KSU

https://www.on3.com/teams/kansas-state- ... sas-state/
Nice pickup. We needed a linebacker. Earlier today, it sounded like it was between us and Arizona. Glad he picked us.
Yeah a position of need and it sounds as though there’s still a possibility of the getting Tennessee transfer as well. He’s actually the bigger target, but I think Morenco will fit very nicely.
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post:
stlcatfan

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » April 30th, 2024, 9:42 pm

Snyder wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 9:12 pm
powercat5000 wrote:
Things set up nicely, only looking at the schedule we should be favored in all 12. To me, strictly me, hardest games are home vs Gundy and at Iowa State. Could be 11-0 heading into Ames Saturday after Thanksgiving.
ISU is generally always a tough game especially in Ames. But I think we’ve handled the pokes pretty well at home. I think the toughest game will just be the next one on the schedule, especially if things are going well, we’re in the rankings, the talk is circulating about us playing in the big12 championship and the CFP. Just staying focused each and every week, especially with some young guys, could be the most challenging opponent.
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post:
randallcat85

NatCat2
Has thanked: 0

Post by NatCat2 » May 1st, 2024, 10:12 am

Every game will be tough. The new Big12 doesn’t really have any bottom feeders, like the big does.
If you ask the fans of any of the Big12 schools who has the best football program, not who has got the best team this year, but football program, competitive every year, I think they’d say their school does.
I like our chances this year but if we aren’t ready to play we’ll get beat.
These users thanked the author NatCat2 for the post (total 2):
randallcat85stlcatfan

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » May 1st, 2024, 10:47 am

bhoovy wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 9:38 pm
stlcatfan wrote:

Nice pickup. We needed a linebacker. Earlier today, it sounded like it was between us and Arizona. Glad he picked us.
Yeah a position of need and it sounds as though there’s still a possibility of the getting Tennessee transfer as well. He’s actually the bigger target, but I think Morenco will fit very nicely.

I would assume Herring was the bigger target, but listening to I think it was Manbeck and Young, they said a number of people actually had Morenco as the bigger target, so who knows, but it sounds like it might have been a "first to commit is who we take" situation with the coaching staff. Morenco looks like a beast, and the article I read said he is crazy physical and is tough as nails. His coach at NM, who is now at Arizona, said he played through all kinds of injuries and is really tough. He is considered a great locker room guy, was a captain at UNM.

Sounds like he will need to stay healthy, has dealt with quite a few injuries.

Would have been happy with either him or Herring. They said Herring went into last season as a backup but the starter got injured and he stepped in and led Tennessee in tackles, but now the starter is back, so he headed to the portal.
These users thanked the author Gorhoops for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanTbonespop

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 1st, 2024, 11:17 am

bhoovy wrote:
stlcatfan wrote:

both play mike. morenco was more highly recruited by uofa than the tennessee transfer. good beating auburn and uofa, a b12 school, for the former. i doubt cats sign both.
Last edited by tmcats on May 1st, 2024, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
randallcat85
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » May 1st, 2024, 12:43 pm

tmcats wrote:
May 1st, 2024, 11:17 am
bhoovy wrote:

both play mike. morenco was more highly recruited by uofa than the tennessee transfer. good beating our auburn and uofa, a b12 school, for the former. i doubt cats sign both.
With the injuries at that position, if he is available, they need to grab him. Esp with Morenco's injury riddled past. He may turn out to be our next Daniel Green.
These users thanked the author epicsnyder for the post:
randallcat85
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.