So where will the Jaysquawkers. mutant chickens, play next year?

The defending Big XII Champions
kstueve

Re: Jaysquawkers. mutant birds. Good luck, I guess.

Post by kstueve » December 27th, 2023, 10:24 am

WildcatEngineer wrote:
December 27th, 2023, 10:15 am
Did I hear the announcers correctly that we are playing in Lawrence or Arrowhead or Sporting or Haskell or Lawrence High AGAIN in 2024?
we play them in manhattan in 2024 -- announcers were wrong agains surprise
These users thanked the author kstueve for the post:
WildcatEngineer

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » December 27th, 2023, 11:12 am

WildcatEngineer wrote:
December 27th, 2023, 10:15 am
Did I hear the announcers correctly that we are playing in Lawrence or Arrowhead or Sporting or Haskell or Lawrence High AGAIN in 2024?
KU's memorial stadium will be closed next year as it is renovated to honor former football players who played on sorry teams. In addition to a memorial, the facility will have a dual use of a stadium for the Jayhawks. All Kansans will pay for this. KU is trying to find a temporary place to play.
KC soccer stadium?
Mercy Park holds 20,000ish
Let another 8,oo0 into Allen Fieldhouse, a.k.a "The Ol' Chicken Barn", to watch it on the jumbotron
:popcorn: :usa:

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » December 27th, 2023, 12:37 pm

The question that was not addressed last night or through the season is the long term health of Daniels.

In 2024 is KU going to pay him 7 figure NIL money to watch games with a heating pad and a back brace?

If, and it is a big IF, they don't lose a ton of guys to the NFL or portal and Daniels is healthy, KU could very well be a Top 10 team in 2024.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » December 27th, 2023, 2:26 pm

WildcatEngineer wrote:
December 27th, 2023, 12:37 pm
The question that was not addressed last night or through the season is the long term health of Daniels.

In 2024 is KU going to pay him 7 figure NIL money to watch games with a heating pad and a back brace?

If, and it is a big IF, they don't lose a ton of guys to the NFL or portal and Daniels is healthy, KU could very well be a Top 10 team in 2024.
I hate to concur, but Liepold is a real coach.
It took those birdbrains 20 years to find one.
Did KU lose 1 of their top assistants?
Given the taxpayers are paying for facility improvements at KU, big boosters can now dump their loot into the KU NIL collective.
We are behind in the process NIL collective world.

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » December 27th, 2023, 4:50 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
December 27th, 2023, 2:26 pm
WildcatEngineer wrote:

Given the taxpayers are paying for facility improvements at KU, big boosters can now dump their loot into the KU NIL collective.
Supposedly Neal is coming back too. So if Daniels can return to his prior form, KU is going to be pretty good next season. Definitely won't be a BYE game any longer when facing the Jawhawks. Going to take a good game on Offense/Defense/ST to beat them for the foreseeable future.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » December 27th, 2023, 5:23 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
WildcatEngineer wrote:

Yep...

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » December 27th, 2023, 5:34 pm

KSUbetcha wrote:
December 27th, 2023, 4:50 pm
SCKSCat wrote:

Supposedly Neal is coming back too. So if Daniels can return to his prior form, KU is going to be pretty good next season. Definitely won't be a BYE game any longer when facing the Jawhawks. Going to take a good game on Offense/Defense/ST to beat them for the foreseeable future.
It wasn't a bye game this year. Ill be honest. I thought they would beat us this year. They were ahead of us and you could argue they should have beaten us with their 3rd string QB. Listen, I effing hate KU, but they are catching us, like it or not. Denial isn't going to help. We gotta do more and I'm not sure we have the financial backing to do it, which is why I detest where this is all going. A blue collar, hard working program, built on ethics and developing young men is going to be at a huge disadvantage.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post (total 2):
Kralicekkswildcat

kswildcat

Post by kswildcat » December 27th, 2023, 6:13 pm

I'm afraid that KU is even with us in talent overall, and darn close to us in coaching. I'm afraid that NIL $$$'s and the marginal way that money comes to players allows KU and other cheaters to bankroll talented players. They're working the fringes of the system just like they do in basketball. It's going to get worse and KU's talent will continue to improve. The system is badly broken.

DeereCatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by DeereCatFan » December 27th, 2023, 6:48 pm

Never fear K-State fans. The ncaa will step right in and really punish any wrongdoings the beakers do. All they need is a little proof. Some audio tapes or something simple like that :D .
I wonder why liepold is hanging around. I have confidence either an sec or b1g team will dump a pile of cash to get him. You know those teams can afford it.
These users thanked the author DeereCatFan for the post:
wazucat

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » December 27th, 2023, 7:13 pm

DeereCatFan wrote:
December 27th, 2023, 6:48 pm
Never fear K-State fans. The ncaa will step right in and really punish any wrongdoings the beakers do. All they need is a little proof. Some audio tapes or something simple like that :D .
I wonder why liepold is hanging around. I have confidence either an sec or b1g team will dump a pile of cash to get him. You know those teams can afford it.
Unfortunately, if it's only money, KU can't afford not to pay up for a winner. If it's prestige, then it's over.