So where will the Jaysquawkers. mutant chickens, play next year?

The defending Big XII Champions
Catalum

Re: So where will the Jaysquawkers. mutant chickens, play next year?

Post by Catalum » April 2nd, 2024, 12:45 pm

Seeing the surrounding facilities next to that dump makes me really appreciate all the more what K-State has.
These users thanked the author Catalum for the post:
stlcatfan

Because my safety, my freedom, and my rights are non-negotiable.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » April 2nd, 2024, 1:27 pm

tmcats wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 10:00 am
this is not going to be a cheap gameday operation for ku.

Kansas Athletics will pay a rental fee of $100,000 for each of the two football games it plans on hosting at Sporting Kansas City’s Children’s Mercy Park during the upcoming season.

That fee does not include staffing expenses for either game at the stadium, which could add an additional $150,000 to KU Athletics’ costs, nor does it include the revenue-splitting costs which KU must share with Sporting KC, according to a letter of agreement provided in response to an open records request.

https://lawrencekstimes.com/2024/03/31/ku-football-cmp/

Athletics will retain 100% of the games’ net ticket revenue.
Certain Sporting KC annual suite holders have a right of first refusal to purchase their regular suites for the games.
Sporting KC will retain 100% of the revenue from those suite holders.
Any suites left over can be sold to KU Athletics suite holders (KU retains 80% of that revenue).
100% of the revenue from any suites left over and sold to the general public will go to Sporting KC.
KU Athletics must give 20% of its revenue from merchandise sold in the stadium to Sporting KC.
Sporting KC retains 100% revenue from food and beverage and parking fees.
Third-party staffing costs (security, staffing, cleaning, etc.) will be billed to KU up to $150,000.
KU must pay for the “reasonable, actual and documented costs and expenses associated with the repair and/or restoration of the playing field.”
Wow, wow, wow.
And what do they have to pay for the games played at Arrowhead?

I wonder if anyone had bothered to check on all this cost before they made their decision?
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post:
stlcatfan

wazucat

Post by wazucat » April 3rd, 2024, 7:43 pm

bhoovy wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 1:27 pm
tmcats wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 10:00 am
this is not going to be a cheap gameday operation for ku.

Kansas Athletics will pay a rental fee of $100,000 for each of the two football games it plans on hosting at Sporting Kansas City’s Children’s Mercy Park during the upcoming season.

That fee does not include staffing expenses for either game at the stadium, which could add an additional $150,000 to KU Athletics’ costs, nor does it include the revenue-splitting costs which KU must share with Sporting KC, according to a letter of agreement provided in response to an open records request.

https://lawrencekstimes.com/2024/03/31/ku-football-cmp/

Athletics will retain 100% of the games’ net ticket revenue.
Certain Sporting KC annual suite holders have a right of first refusal to purchase their regular suites for the games.
Sporting KC will retain 100% of the revenue from those suite holders.
Any suites left over can be sold to KU Athletics suite holders (KU retains 80% of that revenue).
100% of the revenue from any suites left over and sold to the general public will go to Sporting KC.
KU Athletics must give 20% of its revenue from merchandise sold in the stadium to Sporting KC.
Sporting KC retains 100% revenue from food and beverage and parking fees.
Third-party staffing costs (security, staffing, cleaning, etc.) will be billed to KU up to $150,000.
KU must pay for the “reasonable, actual and documented costs and expenses associated with the repair and/or restoration of the playing field.”
Wow, wow, wow.
And what do they have to pay for the games played at Arrowhead?

I wonder if anyone had bothered to check on all this cost before they made their decision?
I think we all know that this project was a joke from the beginning , the joke is on the Kansas taxpayers unfortunately. The mere fact that they began this project before knowing where the team would play is mind boggling. Imagine trying to bargain with your potential landlords when they know you have no alternatives to whatever terms they offer :rofl:
These users thanked the author wazucat for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanksume2000

Snyder

Post by Snyder » April 4th, 2024, 7:33 am

Are they keeping the east side of the stadium? I'm confused?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 4th, 2024, 10:25 am

Snyder wrote:
April 4th, 2024, 7:33 am
the whole stadium is being renovated in stages over time. they plan to be in the partial redo for the 2025 season, then finish it - the east side. capacity will be around 40,000. leipold's success has been a major factor here trying to chase down k-state. this year will be interesting from that perspective, as they have to win in "the bill" to prevent their 16th straight loss to their big brother. no small chore with sunshine on the horizon.

Last edited by tmcats on April 4th, 2024, 10:33 am, edited 5 times in total.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
stlcatfan
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Catalum

Post by Catalum » April 4th, 2024, 10:30 am

tmcats wrote:
April 4th, 2024, 10:25 am
Snyder wrote:
the whole stadium is being renovated in stages over time. they plan to be in the partial redo for the 2025 season, then finish it - the east side. capacity will be around 40,000.

Looks like a state or federal penitentiary.

Because my safety, my freedom, and my rights are non-negotiable.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 4th, 2024, 10:40 am

looks more like a venice flytrap to me.

These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
stlcatfan
Why is there something rather than nothing?

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » April 4th, 2024, 10:44 am

tmcats wrote:
April 4th, 2024, 10:40 am
looks more like a venice flytrap to me.
That was my thought, too. Ugly design, IMO.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

Snyder

Post by Snyder » April 4th, 2024, 11:35 am

tmcats wrote:
Snyder wrote:
the whole stadium is being renovated in stages over time. they plan to be in the partial redo for the 2025 season, then finish it - the east side. capacity will be around 40,000. leipold's success has been a major factor here trying to chase down k-state. this year will be interesting from that perspective, as they have to win in "the bill" to prevent their 16th straight loss to their big brother. no small chore with sunshine on the horizon.

I don't see KU winning in Manhattan this fall. I'm not sure Daniels is an upgrade over Bean at QB
These users thanked the author Snyder for the post:
stlcatfan

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 4th, 2024, 12:38 pm

Snyder wrote:
April 4th, 2024, 11:35 am
tmcats wrote:

I don't see KU winning in Manhattan this fall. I'm not sure Daniels is an upgrade over Bean at QB
Agreed on Bean/ Daniels, however, neither played vs us this year. Still think we win this year, but we gotta keep our edge and not take this series for granted.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post:
stlcatfan