Alarming KSU portal stat...

The defending Big XII Champions
wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Alarming KSU portal stat...

Post by wild@nite » December 14th, 2023, 5:11 pm

Just listened to Ryan Wallace on a podcast. He's concerned about the portal issues. He said he went back and looked at our 2020 and 2021 classes and we have an exit rate of 69.5%. 7 out of 10!!! Wow! He is concerned with this (as am I) because we are a "developmental" program. These are not good #'s. I don't care how you wanna try and slice it.

I remember Klieman saying in 2020 that he thought Manhattan would be a goldmine for NIL. I was like, huh? Compared to who? I'll say it again as I have in other threads. This current system isn't good for KSU. Something better change soon.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post (total 3):
randallcat85Tbonespopkswildcat

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » December 14th, 2023, 5:43 pm

I'll be alarmed when I see the level of play drop. I think Coach K knows his roster rather well. I refuse to believe football players choose to leave KSU because of coaching issues, the facilities, or the general football climate.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 14th, 2023, 6:07 pm

this on the day 2* cooper beebe is named a consensus all-american. :roll:

MANHATTAN, Kan. – Kansas State senior left guard Cooper Beebe made history on Thursday, as he became the first offensive lineman in school history to earn Consensus All-America status by being named a First Team All-American by the Football Coaches Association of America (AFCA).

These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 2):
KSUbetcharandallcat85
Why is there something rather than nothing?

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » December 14th, 2023, 6:53 pm

The Portal is a net negative for players that leave our program. For the number of players that declare for the portal, less than half are actually picked up by anyone. And of the players from KSU that have left for the Portal, only Will Howard has actually gone to a roughly equal program (aTm), no one could argue at this point that aTm is a better program than K-State. Do they have more money & boosters? Yes they do. But I don't believe aTm wiill win the SEC anytime soon. However, I do believe KSU will win the Big 12 again at least once within the next three years.
These users thanked the author KSUbetcha for the post:
randallcat85

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » December 14th, 2023, 7:29 pm

KSUbetcha wrote:
December 14th, 2023, 6:53 pm
The Portal is a net negative for players that leave our program. For the number of players that declare for the portal, less than half are actually picked up by anyone. And of the players from KSU that have left for the Portal, only Will Howard has actually gone to a roughly equal program (aTm), no one could argue at this point that aTm is a better program than K-State. Do they have more money & boosters? Yes they do. But I don't believe aTm wiill win the SEC anytime soon. However, I do believe KSU will win the Big 12 again at least once within the next three years.
Did Will Howard go to A&M? I know Will Lee is committed to them.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » December 14th, 2023, 7:57 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
December 14th, 2023, 7:29 pm
KSUbetcha wrote:
December 14th, 2023, 6:53 pm
Did Will Howard go to A&M? I know Will Lee is committed to them.
I guess I jumped the gun a bit on that one. Will hasn't yet decided on where he'll go. There's some speculation that he'll follow Klein there. But remains uncommitted at present.
These users thanked the author KSUbetcha for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 15th, 2023, 11:06 am

wild@nite wrote:
December 14th, 2023, 5:11 pm
Just listened to Ryan Wallace on a podcast. He's concerned about the portal issues. He said he went back and looked at our 2020 and 2021 classes and we have an exit rate of 69.5%. 7 out of 10!!! Wow! He is concerned with this (as am I) because we are a "developmental" program. These are not good #'s. I don't care how you wanna try and slice it.

I remember Klieman saying in 2020 that he thought Manhattan would be a goldmine for NIL. I was like, huh? Compared to who? I'll say it again as I have in other threads. This current system isn't good for KSU. Something better change soon.
pictures of "developmental program."
ImageImage
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
randallcat85

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » December 15th, 2023, 12:15 pm

tmcats wrote:
December 15th, 2023, 11:06 am
wild@nite wrote:
December 14th, 2023, 5:11 pm

ImageImage
I get it. We've done a great job developing players. I'm simply stating a70% exit rate is not good, I don't care how you try and slice it. I'm not looking for an argument as you seem to be, just stating a concern. You can't turnover 70% every two years and expect to consistently compete for titles. Or maybe you can in this new circus, wild west, system. Hell, I don't know, but I do know I don't like it, because it's driven by $ and we don't stack up well in that department. I'm concerned, that's all. If you aren't, good for you, and good for Cooper. He's a gem.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 15th, 2023, 12:18 pm

wild@nite wrote:
December 15th, 2023, 12:15 pm
tmcats wrote:
December 15th, 2023, 11:06 am

ImageImage
I get it. We've done a great job developing players, simply stating 70% exit rate is not good, I don't care how many times you post in this thread. I'm not looking for an argument as you seem to be. At that rate, we will eventually encounter issues. You can't turnover 70% every two years and expect to consistently compete for titles. Or maybe you can in this new circus, wild west, system. Hell, I don't know, but I do know I don't like it, because it's driven by $ and we don't stack up well in that department. I'm concerned, that's all. If you aren't, good for you.
wild, i'm not looking for an argument. i just posted the exception to the rule, cooper beebe. a youngster who developed from a 2* to consensus all-american. otherwise, i agree that all this movement is troubling if nothing else.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
randallcat85

Jax

Pick 'Em

Post by Jax » December 15th, 2023, 1:33 pm

I heard the same podcast wild@nite is referring to, that can be watched here. Ryan Wallace provides an accurate assessment that should be concerning as alluded to by wild@nite. Our retention rate being at 70% should be a concern.

Wallace mentions in the podcast that the inability to retain even players that are not necessarily ready to play when they enter the program, will adversely affect having players developed to be ready to put on the field as a result of the injuries and dings that come from playing a full season. Wallace refers to the result of similar programs that have suffered from being similarly situated, notably WVU. We only have to recall the period between LHCBS retiring and HCCK needing several seasons to develop the program to where we have been for the past couple of seasons.
These users thanked the author Jax for the post:
randallcat85
We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are. - Anaïs Nin